monday is strictly between the integers and the real numbers

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

to wfh or not to wfh that is the question, with no tdf to watch, leaning towards office, at least for a bit

such weighty decisions, and not yet had a coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Office for me, which is a shame as I won't get back in time to walk the rugrats up to yuff club
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, happy birthday oxoman
    Dentist at 9 o'clock, that will leave plenty of time for a ride across the wolds
    Looks like it's going to be a nice day here
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Yes, happy birthday oxo. Quite a pleasant wobble in to work this morning, sun was shining and it was a nice temperature. Got my cousin coming in today about a work project so I think we'll have to go out for a spot of lunch, then he's coming too mine later for dinner. Other than that I'm going to be annoying my colleagues by telling all my customer's I'm going on holiday at the end of the week. Should probably get someone to make me a cup of tea, haven't had one yet.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Happy birthday, Oxo.

I'm off up to the beautiful north later
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    HB Oxo!

Lovely day for anything except sitting in an office, at least 30m from a window.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stunning day here but general toots duties and coughing up junk means that i'll delay a pedal. Being of reptilian origin, the extra warmth later will assist.
    HB Oxoman and all that jazz just to remind you of the ticking clock.

How the tyres Hoppy?
    What's it like over there Gazza?
    Where the hell are all the usual Monday slackers?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Tyres are still lovely Pinno. Trying to work out best PSI - did them up to 105 rear and 100 front to begin with (recommended minimum on the pack was 100), but they feel more comfy a few days later. Not been out for a proper ride on them yet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Happy birthday Oxo. Enjoy the peace that result from having sprogs abroad on school trips as I am just now.

Good pedal in and should be a good one on the way home this evening if this weather keeps up. So nice that I went via Regents Park to grab my lunch 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So nice that I went via Regents Park to grab my lunch 8)

Sore neck?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sore neck?
    Just part of the training regime - exercising my neck muscles for next Monday when I'll have a full face helmet on my bonce :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sore neck?
    Just part of the training regime - exercising my neck muscles for next Monday when I'll have a full face helmet on my bonce :)

Exercising your neck muscles by gawping at crumpet in the park?! :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sore neck?

Exercising your neck muscles by gawping at crumpet in the park?! :lol:
    I always say make exercise fun, otherwise it's just hard work and you'll never keep a regime going :P

Lucky I packed my shades this morning...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    exercising my neck muscles for next Monday when I'll have a full face helmet on my bonce :)
    Young lad that works here was at BPW on Friday, had an absolute blast. He used to race motocross so is pretty fearless. Came off a few times but was wearing motocross body armour so no injuries.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Afternoon slackers, HB meat based stock cube man!

Had to bail off work this morning after a full weekend in Weston Super Mare with friends. Even managed a reasonable pedal around Somerset and through Cheddar Gorge.

Onwards to dinner and an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Afternoon slackers, HB meat based stock cube man!

Had to bail off work this morning after a full weekend in Weston Super Mare with friends. Even managed a reasonable pedal around Somerset and through Cheddar Gorge.

Onwards to dinner and an early night.

Where the hell have you been? I want answers.
  • meanredspider
    Fvck - lift to airport with my father means I arrived 3 hours before the flight departs. Then the EasyJet flight is delayed by an hour and a quarter - fvck
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    Fvck - lift to airport with my father means I arrived 3 hours before the flight departs. Then the EasyJet flight is delayed by an hour and a quarter - fvck

That'll teach you.
    Where are you going?
    Why?
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2017
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    exercising my neck muscles for next Monday when I'll have a full face helmet on my bonce :)
    Young lad that works here was at BPW on Friday, had an absolute blast. He used to race motocross so is pretty fearless. Came off a few times but was wearing motocross body armour so no injuries.
    Same as me except he was probably faster and more fearless :)

Out of interest, can you ask him which were his favourite runs? For us it's Enter the Dragon, Dai Hard, A470, Pork Belly, Coal Not Dole, Zut Alors and Insufficient Funds.

(Edited to add another run to annoy Pinno :wink: and to say I bet his favourite was Enter the Dragon as it's got some decent moto x style jumps on it).
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Out of interest, can you ask him which were his favourite runs? For us it's Enter the Dragon, Dai Hard, A470, Pork Belly, Coal Not Dole and Zut Alors.

Look can you kindly f*ck off to that other thread you have dedicated to this sh1t please?
  • sungod

that's what airport lounges are for

enter lounge, achieve state of numbness, stagger to gate, board, zzzzzz, arrive, it's the only way to fly
  • meanredspider
    sungod wrote:

that's what airport lounges are for

enter lounge, achieve state of numbness, stagger to gate, board, zzzzzz, arrive, it's the only way to fly

I normally would but I'm only doing a 1-way 1-hour flight. The lounge would cost more than the ticket and today of all days it will be full of kids. I can go into a "zen state" as my daughter calls it - I've had plenty of practice - I just don't need the flight to be late. I was hoping to have dinner out with my boys (have only seen the youngest 3 times this year) but it will be nearly 10pm before I'm off the plane.
  • sungod
    ah, if it's short hop home i can understand

sans lounge i try and find a quiet place, finding an unused gate can be much more pleasant than in the main areas

i save the zen state for dull meetings :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Out of interest, can you ask him which were his favourite runs? For us it's Enter the Dragon, Dai Hard, A470, Pork Belly, Coal Not Dole and Zut Alors.

Look can you kindly f*ck off to that other thread you have dedicated to this sh1t please?
    Sorry, I forgot how tough it must be for you seeing people talking about enjoying their bikes :)
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Enter the Dragon. Now there's film!

Nice ride home.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Enter the Dragon. Now there's film!
    And here's me thinking it was about getting lucky with the wife.

Yep, ride home was a good 'un here as well.
  • pinno
    I had a lovely pedal in the sticks. Apart from a plethora of silly tourists getting lost in the back lanes, some farmers in their pick ups, some farm hands in their trattors and a few feed trucks. Much more than usual. B4stards.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Surrounded by peds who left their brains in Lisbon, holiday zombie mode, just walk out between two parked cars, dog on an extendable lead child in buggy, best push them out first, test the water like...its like a slalom i tell ya, thinking of getting a contraption like Stevo's :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Surrounded by peds who left their brains in Lisbon, holiday zombie mode, just walk out between two parked cars, dog on an extendable lead child in buggy, best push them out first, test the water like...its like a slalom i tell ya, thinking of getting a contraption like Stevo's :D
    Top idea T47, those cozy dunt peds will definitely learn a lesson if they get hit by a bike that weighs more than you do :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Top idea T47, those cozy dunt peds will definitely learn a lesson if they get hit by a bike that weighs more than you do :)

:D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Pinno wrote:
    blahblahblah...

Where the hell have you been? I want answers.

Well, Weston as I said, Northampton, Cumbria (twice), Manchester to see James at Castlefield Bowl which was a belter of a gig.

I've been out for dinner a few times and visited some pubs along the way.

We've had at least two BBQ's and a massive house party for my 40th.

Done a bit in PP's 3 & 4.

Around Cragg Vale once or twice and even further afield on an Evans Ride It mini sportive with a mate and his GF. That night ended up with a drunken TDF highlight session and several glasses of wine.

Other than that, nowhere of interest.
    Advocate of disc brakes.