friday been a long time gone, constantinople

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, cafe, wtdf, etc.

last night tried to convince mrs s that sky are boring but she deliberately takes opposing view so i wisely gave up, i also drank too much and a bit hungover, but overall ok as she realised the error of her ways (with regard to cuisine, not tdf) and we ended up having a rather good indian meal

today, well, it's friday, best of all the days as it is followed by the weekend
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast here after some rain, already walked the dog,
    What to do today?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning!
    Up indecently early again, which is an unwanted pattern developing at chez BM.
    Lazy morning again but some work this afternoon. What went wrong there then???
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Needed more sleep and as I'm working from home I don't need to be up yet :(

Later is dad's taxi to football training, so it would be rude not to try a pub over that way, then home to the local
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    I'll find out shortly whether the minions and visitors survived last nights entertainment. May do a bacon sarnie run if they make it into work on time :)

Later will chaos as Stropteen packs for tomorrows school trip to Spain. Although on the upside, no Dads taxi etc for a week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Drying out after last night's deluge.

Birdwatching with the kidz, then supermarket for some of that apple juice.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    How's the head Stevo? Probably just as well you didn't show the visitors Banzai. I watched a few clips on YouChoob last night, did make me giggle. Squirrel fishing was good, mainly for the pronunciation of the word squirrel.
    Managed to wobble into work for the first time this week. I've not been on the bike much at all the last few weeks due to having to sort various things out. I really am very unfit now. This won't improve any time soon as we go on holiday next week.
    Very glad it's Fryday, could be an expensive trip to the cafe as the boy is working here now. Later is out with the Mrs.
    Roll on the weekend.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    McCoys Thai Sweet Chicken Flavour Crisps and a Pepsi Max for breakfast.

Om nom nom nom
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    fat daddy wrote:

Om nom nom nom
    Have you tried McCoys in a sandwich? Little bit of mayo, Boom! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    How's the head Stevo? Probably just as well you didn't show the visitors Banzai. I watched a few clips on YouChoob last night, did make me giggle. Squirrel fishing was good, mainly for the pronunciation of the word squirrel.
    Managed to wobble into work for the first time this week. I've not been on the bike much at all the last few weeks due to having to sort various things out. I really am very unfit now. This won't improve any time soon as we go on holiday next week.
    Very glad it's Fryday, could be an expensive trip to the cafe as the boy is working here now. Later is out with the Mrs.
    Roll on the weekend.
    Where are you going on Holiday V?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

Om nom nom nom

I remember my "lad's holiday" after we left school and before heading our separate ways. 2 weeks on a campsite on the Costa Brava. I shacked up with one of the holiday reps in her "luxury" tent. She existed on a diet of crisp and mayonnaise sandwiches (breakfast) and rotisserie chicken (dinner), and I've loved them both ever since. Just plain crisps in the sandwich mind you, none of these fancy modern flavours. A good handful of crisps on soft white bread of course and a bit more mayonnaise than is strictly necessary.

Friday - standard bollix, though I might pop out and buy cakes later. Still loving my new tyres.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

Om nom nom nom

I remember my "lad's holiday" after we left school and before heading our separate ways. 2 weeks on a campsite on the Costa Brava. I shacked up with one of the holiday reps in her "luxury" tent. She existed on a diet of crisp and mayonnaise sandwiches (breakfast) and rotisserie chicken (dinner), and I've loved them both ever since. Just plain crisps in the sandwich mind you, none of these fancy modern flavours. A good handful of crisps on soft white bread of course and a bit more mayonnaise than is strictly necessary.

Friday - standard bollix, though I might pop out and buy cakes later. Still loving my new tyres.
    You and your holiday rep.

Plain, steak, chicken, cheese & onion crisps will go nicely in a sandwich.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    You and your holiday rep.

Plain, steak, chicken, cheese & onion crisps will go nicely in a sandwich.

It's the only exciting thing that has ever happened to me. :lol:

I am also getting old, and prone to repeating myself. Did I ever tell you I shacked up with a holiday rep? Lovely she was, fond of carbohydrate-heavy snacks and outdoor s*x.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Tuscany then Verona. The nearest thing to a holiday rep is my mate Jon, he is partial to kipping in a tent but I've never asked him if he enjoys shagging outdoors. Did I mention the place we're staying in is a vineyard?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Tuscany then Verona. The nearest thing to a holiday rep is my mate Jon, he is partial to kipping in a tent but I've never asked him if he enjoys shagging outdoors. Did I mention the place we're staying in is a vineyard?

You didn't mention the vineyard. I do enjoy Tuscan food and wine. Both are rustic & hearty. I remember particularly a meal my ex-wife and I had in San Gimignano (which is a glorious place to be in the evening after the tourist buses leave). Bistecca alla Fiorentina bbq'd over vine clippings on a terrace overlooking the Tuscan hills, a couple of carafes of the local plonk, then a glass or two of vin santo with some delicious cheese. I love Tuscany.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I love Tuscany.
    It's going to be tough but I'm sure we'll manage. A friend of mine lives in the nearest village to where we are, there's a very good butcher there that has a restaurant out the back to eat huge slabs of cow. This is where we're staying, my mate knows them so we got a bit of a deal.
  • hopkinb
    I've heard of that butcher - Dario Cecchini. Looks superb. If you haven't been, then Siena is very much worth a trip.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Surprisingly good, I stuck to G&T last night. Just getting the bacon sarnies in for the team 8)

May have to watch a bit of Banzai tonight. We have lots of fun with l's and r's in our office :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Let us know how the vineyard is V68, and if there is any grape left for next year
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Picked onion monster munch in a sandwich.

Anyways, morning etc. Shirking work today as I'm off for two weeks so no actual point getting involved in anything.

Plan for day Dodge work, play with dog, drink coffee, home, pub dinner and many beverages.
  • seanoconn
    Step83 wrote:
    Picked onion monster munch in a sandwich.

Anyways, morning etc. Shirking work today as I'm off for two weeks so no actual point getting involved in anything.

Plan for day Dodge work, play with dog, drink coffee, home, pub dinner and many beverages.
    Pickled onion monster munch! Get out!

The only way pickled onion monster munch is palatable is if you can suck off the pickled onion flavouring and then eat a relatively plain crisp. This is for emergency life and death starvation situations only.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Up at 7am and into CB2 0QQ for 8.15. Fluids until 4pm now.

Still, it's F1 this weekend and on Monday I get to go home to Scotland for only the 3rd time this year. House clearing prep and loading up the race car and associated paraphernalia to drag it south.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Away visiting family. Looking at a change of scenery to live and found a fabulous property which is possibly affordable and which literally has this as the boundary.

https://flic.kr/p/Wwdv4B

I can't figure out how to embed the image in here on iPad.

I soooooo need to move here.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Away visiting family. Looking at a change of scenery to live and found a fabulous property which is possibly affordable and which literally has this as the boundary.

Naaah, looks a bit cloudy.... :D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

What part of the world is that? It looks lovely and reminds me how much I'm gonna miss the Highlands
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Is there sharks in that there water?

Me doing the run around me. Need to somehow squeeze in some pedalling. Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny but I was otherwise occupied. Today it's grey and taking to occasional drizzle. Typical.

Car looks and drives luvverly. It will pi$$ the plethora of 'keeping up with the Jones's' neighbours. I reckon my car is less than the sum total of 1 month HP instalment on the opposite side of the road: 1 x 14 plate Mitsubishi Barbarian and 1 x 17 67 plate Ford Focus ST.

Onwards and... somewhere else.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Get out!

The only way pickled onion monster munch is palatable is if you can suck off the pickled onion flavouring and then eat a relatively plain crisp. This is for emergency life and death starvation situations only.

Never! I shall eat it loudly in front of you!

F1 reminds me, were on the flight path to Silverstone so get some nice wake up calls usually, today though was very quiet strangely.
    Work avoidance is working well Emails out of office is on, phone is disconnected and my answer to everything so far today has been "its not supported" doesn't work so well when someone asks you for coffee.
    Managers doing my head in about an annual review so I can justify a sub inflation pay rise. He tried to bribe me with the offer of Pizza next week. Didn't seem to happy when I told him I'm not actually in so his bribe failed.
    Not only that he also forgets I work out a different site so would need to drive 30 miles to get said pizza.
  • veronese68
    Hmm, just ran out of coffee. Been meaning to buy some more for about a week now. Better go to Italy to buy some more.
    That doesn't look too bad Spinner. Good job it's on the wrong side of the planet or you'd get a load of strange cyclists turning up at yours.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    no coffee? that means 18% extra death, act fast or you're doomed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    sungod wrote:
    no coffee? that means 18% extra death, act fast or you're doomed
    He'll be fine, he's middle class :wink:
  • veronese68
    I'll be fine as I'll just pop into Sainsbury's and get some Lazazza red, no need for overly fancy coffee here. I couldn't cut it as a hipster.