tuesday gary and his eyes have parted company

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

excellent news on bbc world business report this morning: drink coffee and live longer, clearly need to add more cafes to the daily ritual

gym, cafe, cafe, wfh, cafe, cafe, wtdf

that aside, the week yawns like a yawny thing, extreme lack of motivation for gmc stuff, roll on the weekend
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, good news Sungod I am on my first cup of coffee, did the BBC say how much longer we would live? I might need to pay more into my pension pot
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    those who have >= 3 cups per day are x less likely to die than non-coffee drinkers

men, x = 18%
    women, x = 8%

apparently caf/decaf makes no difference to this
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I need to pay less into my pension pot as I don't drink coffee :(

WFH and just contemplating running now or later

Tonight will be jobs
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dammit. Only 2 coffees for me. I feel the reaper looming.
  • sungod
    been to gym, now off to extend life at the cafe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Apparently being teetotal doesn't make you live longer, it just feels like it.

On train into town for another round of delegation, tax avoidance and dicking around with money :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Apparently we won't be going to the hospital today. At all. Huzah!

(Great song that the title came from BTW)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    That is indeed a good song, GarrrryH was probably scared for a moment, he thought it only made you go blind and not lose your eyes altogether.
    Glad I started early for once, just sorted out the paperwork for a consignment that was supposed to be going out after 10am and the carrier just turned up.
    Enjoy the day MRS. I presume you can find enough things to keep you occupied.
    I've just been asked to work late today, I'll have to stay here until 5.30. It's inhuman I tell you. I'm going to need more coffee, just as well it's good for you. Not sure I want to be immortal though.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    what sort of coffee, what strength, what are the details, I need to know so I can plan my life!

Coffee, work, coffee, chocolate, work and more coffee today. That time of year.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Coffee No1 is ready to drink, Nescafe Azera Espresso Black no sugar. Try an force some motivation down my neck. Two weeks off from next week so its proving a struggle.
    Fun start to the working day some man wielding a leaf blower has closed off about half the carpark to puff so leaves about snagged a space but I there will be some rather annoyed people no doubt.

Steveo, I think the reason it feels longer is because you don't have the drunken memory loss, the type where you wake up holding a traffic cone or in a cell arrested for attempting to make love to a lampost.

MRS, good day to savour then its soggy down here but hopefully its not for you.
  • sungod
    off out for another cafe break, then wfh while wtdf
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    If you get drunk and fall in a river or get run over by a bus, then surely that's a drink related life shortening effect.

It will be 10 times worse than this the first Monday back after the 2 weeks off Step83.

Eye appointment followed by a pedal me, It's sunny. What's it like over there Gazza? He's been very quiet of late. I'm wondering if he has developed a very worrying desire to return to his homeland.

Between the carbon/kevlar exo-skeleton and the mammalian endo-skeleton, I wonder how much of Stevo is actually organic.

So many questions, so much time.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    This bit of coffee induced extra life expectancy, can I have it now? I don't want it when I'm stuck in a wipe clean chair in an old peoples home smelling of wee.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Pinno wrote:
    Between the carbon/kevlar exo-skeleton and the mammalian endo-skeleton, I wonder how much of Stevo is actually organic.
    Bzzzt. Shurely any fule kno that the T800 has a metallic endoskeleton covered by living tissue?

Anyroads, bean counters are mainly reptilian.
  • meanredspider
    Coffee drinking cyclists: we can expect near immortality
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Coffee drinking cyclists: we can expect near immortality
    Is that a good thing????

Mixed day. Fettling old road bike, which brought a few challenges. Toughest bit was removing the dork disc without the tools to get the free hub off first... but the final score is WS: 1, Dork Disc: 0. 8)

It's now almost back together and working fine, but not sure it's going to be worth the effort and expense.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    Talking about immortality, getting a bone marrow transplant is one way that people like one or two on here and my daughter get a fair crack of the whip at a basic lifespan.

There's a thing that Anthony Nolan are doing to encourage MPs to support action around "cord blood" which I know is fantastic for people who maybe don't have a great match. Unfortunately, your chances of getting a match are very much linked to your ethnic heritage because countries like the U.K. and especially Germany have great registers whereas poorer nations, like much of Africa, don't. If you're from these regions, your chances are far worse.

Anyhow, here's a link to an incredibly simple way of contacting your MP to ask their support.

https://www.change.org/p/jeremy-hunt-gi ... 882&jb=104
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've just been asked to work late today, I'll have to stay here until 5.30. It's inhuman I tell you. I'm going to need more coffee, just as well it's good for you. Not sure I want to be immortal though.
    The shock of work must be terrible. I feel your pain :)

I'm leaving early at 5.30 as Stropteen is getting some award for Physics in Queen Mary College. Why do they have to have it in the East End FFS?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Talking about immortality, getting a bone marrow transplant is one way that people like one or two on here and my daughter get a fair crack of the whip at a basic lifespan.

There's a thing that Anthony Nolan are doing to encourage MPs to support action around "cord blood" which I know is fantastic for people who maybe don't have a great match. Unfortunately, your chances of getting a match are very much linked to your ethnic heritage because countries like the U.K. and especially Germany have great registers whereas poorer nations, like much of Africa, don't. If you're from these regions, your chances are far worse.

Anyhow, here's a link to an incredibly simple way of contacting your MP to ask their support.

https://www.change.org/p/jeremy-hunt-gi ... 882&jb=104
    Done. My ex-wife's nephew went through the childhood leukemia + transplant process, successfully.

Best wishes.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bzzzt. Shurely any fule kno that the T800 has a metallic endoskeleton covered by living tissue?

There's no way he is as modern and sophisticated as a T800. He's probably based on the old prototype '2cv6'.
  • sungod
    pouring down here, fortunately i've had multiple coffees already, time to veg out on the tdf, though not expecting an exciting stage
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

There's no way he is as modern and sophisticated as a T800. He's probably based on the old prototype '2cv6'.
    More like
    41mUAs25yfL.jpg
  • pinno
    That " is proper old school. Stevo was built in Taiwan.
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    Done, worthy cause unfortunately I'm getting to old to be a donor but still got a big gob so get it supported fellow bottom bracketers.
    Also signed. They won't take anything off me due to previous medical history. Son is signed up for being every kind of donor he can be. Daughter probably will do when she is old enough, will probably try to avoid getting her to give blood until she is over this CFS type thing though.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Done, worthy cause unfortunately I'm getting to old to be a donor but still got a big gob so get it supported fellow bottom bracketers.
    Also signed. They won't take anything off me due to previous medical history. Son is signed up for being every kind of donor he can be. Daughter probably will do when she is old enough, will probably try to avoid getting her to give blood until she is over this CFS type thing though.
    I used to donate but not allowed now for decades. The blood bank implemented a blanket ban on gay men as donors many years ago and it's never been rescinded. :evil:
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I used to donate but not allowed now for decades. The blood bank implemented a blanket ban on gay men as donors many years ago and it's never been rescinded. :evil:

With modern scanning of blood, I do not understand that.

I cannot give blood or organs either. You wouldn't want them though. I did however, receive some 27 units of blood and some of them were from France and they were implicated in the blood donor scandal. Luckily, what I received was fine and I was okay. It was a bit of a worry.
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

With modern scanning of blood, I do not understand that.

I cannot give blood or organs either. You wouldn't want them though. I did however, receive some 27 units of blood and some of them were from France and they were implicated in the blood donor scandal. Luckily, what I received was fine and I was okay. It was a bit of a worry.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to many here either. But these days, not much of me is worth recycling anyway, and I probably take too many medications now for blood to be usable, but the principle still rankles.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Gay man? I'm sure you mentioned a Mrs Wheelspinner before?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Hell no.. :lol:

There is a long term other half, but we still can't do the marriage thing here either, although not even sure we'd bother.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Hell no.. :lol:

There is a long term other half, but we still can't do the marriage thing here either, although not even sure we'd bother.
    You can Marry a Kangaroo and shoot an aboriginal for sport if he's running but you can't marry a fella!? Man that's ff'd up.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי