monday with x-rays

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, hospital to be zapped and looked over (should be final post-op check on hip), shopping, cafe

no tdf today, so i may wfh a smidge more productively than last week :D webex with gmc punters of gmc
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yet another fast weekend

Today is the joys of Birmingham and later hopefully both rugrats are at yuff club, but I get the feeling it will just be the eldest
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning
  • oxoman wrote:
    CBA to go on bike at the mo, lost my mojo me thinks. Enjoy your day folks.

Get out there before the rain comes
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Monday ahoy no coffee in the office on account of not having any coffee to add to hot water. with Oxo, total lack of mojo was happy fettling the bike at the weekend not in the mood to ride the dammed thing.
    Still two weeks off from next week so some light on the horizon I guess.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Puncture. Bollix.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    Puncture. Bollix.

Your left or right one?
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Puncture. Bollix.

Your left or right one?

:lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Puncture. Bollix.

Your left or right one?
    So if my front wheel washes out on a corner on the way home tonight I know who to blame :)

Nice ride in today - dry sunny and just the right temperature so I was quite fast for me. Quarterly reporting day today so currently stuffing my face while waiting for the tax numbers to review. Get cracking minions!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Puncture. Bollix.

Your left or right one?
    Pretty sharp TLW. You ok hun?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Enjoyable weekend was had, descending on my parents like a plague of locusts. Ate everything they had and the kids trashed the place. The Missus complained about the 5.5% wine Saturday evening, so that was replaced with some stronger plonk.

Me: "I help you to bed sweetheart."
    Missus: "I'm fine, just a bit tipsy."
    Me: "You look a bit unsteady, I'm just getting a drink of water from the kitchen, wait for me at the bottom of the stairs, I don't want you falling over."

Goes into kitchen, hears, stumbling up the stairs and CRASH!

Missus calling out: "I've fallen over!" :(:cry:

Looks like I've given her a right hander :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Been far busier than a Monday has any right to be, anyone would think it's our busy season. Just took the car to have the electrical problem with the door looked at. He unplugged it, had a look and plugged it back in again. All working now. Bloody modern cars, massively overcomplicated. Why the hell does a door need an ECU that wants rebooting?
    Eating a ham sarnie now.
    Hmm, Seano the wife beater. Had you been drinking Stella?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Good Morning

You have no f*cking right to come in here sounding jolly.

...and you say 5.5% was too weak Seano :shock:

Have you developed a high pitched voice Hoppy?

Me did some worm me. Meh.
    Was sunny, bit cloudy now. What's it like over there Gazza?
    I fancy a little power nap.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    My actual bollix didn't puncture thankfully. Just my slightly worn front tyre. It's cut to shreds after 9k km on sh!tty London roads. I really should have replaced it, but I've been lucky. Got a GP 4000s on its way to replace it. Put new bar tape on at the weekend, made me at least 10% faster.
  • pinno
    Vittoria Pave's if you can get them or CX's. Those GP's are soft as Seano.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Me did some worm me.
    What you and your worm get up to in the privacy of your own home is nobody's business but your own, but please keep it to yourselves. Is it a white worm?
  • pinno
    edited July 2017
    That was before the power nap. I didn't have the strength to lift my finger all the way up to the 'k' key.
  • veronese68
    That explains it. Now have an urge to watch Lair of the White Worm.
  • pinno
    I quickly clicked on the link and for some inexplicable reason, I have no urge to watch it. I did notice that it was 61% on the Tomatometer.

I would have preferred the vid of Seano's wife going t1ts up.
  • hopkinb
    Cheers Pinno. Cancelled my GP order. Wiggle have the paves in 27mm. Better be good.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cheers Pinno. Cancelled my GP order. Wiggle have the paves in 27mm. Better be good.

:shock:

I do like the GP's - they roll well but... . Couple the 27mm Pave's with some latex inner tubes and you will have something akin to tubs. I think you will like them and I have yet (touch wood) in 1 year and 4 months had a puncture on the Pave's despite shocking roads around here. 320 tpi: 320 threads per inch, there are very few other tyre manufacturers that cram so many threads in and that lends them to being supple. You can run them at 90psi quite comfortably. Super grippy too.
    The communters do say that there is a lot of glass in the big smoke so tyres are always going to be a bit more susceptible.
  • hopkinb
    Was tongue in cheek Pinno, i should have put a :wink: in. I read the reviews, they looks good. In the dark of winter I'll stick something more substantial on, though I got through this winter with a Michelin endurance on the back and a Schwalbe One on the front.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Enjoyable weekend was had, descending on my parents like a plague of locusts. Ate everything they had and the kids trashed the place. The Missus complained about the 5.5% wine Saturday evening, so that was replaced with some stronger plonk.

Me: "I help you to bed sweetheart."
    Missus: "I'm fine, just a bit tipsy."
    Me: "You look a bit unsteady, I'm just getting a drink of water from the kitchen, wait for me at the bottom of the stairs, I don't want you falling over."

Goes into kitchen, hears, stumbling up the stairs and CRASH!

Missus calling out: "I've fallen over!" :(:cry:

Looks like I've given her a right hander :roll:

Another 5 quid well spent. :lol:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    MRS upsetting the world with bums, god help us. Though for that you will burn in hell for eternity.

Barrel of laughs that thread. PS V68, you may want to go check your lads internet history, Same for you with stropteen Stevo. Oh wait they are better than their parents with tech and . . .
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    ...a load of bollox...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    PS another shout for the Pave over Gp4000 ii's
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    ...a load of bollox...
    Don't I always?
  • pinno
    Who is MRS upsetting?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    hopkinb wrote:
    Was tongue in cheek Pinno, i should have put a :wink: in. I read the reviews, they looks good. In the dark of winter I'll stick something more substantial on, though I got through this winter with a Michelin endurance on the back and a Schwalbe One on the front.
    Conti Gator Hardshells for me. On my second set and a perfect opearional record so far on London roads - famous last words.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Ha ha. Found 'the bum'. Posted in the best possible place.
    (There's a joke in there)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Conti Gator Hardshells for me. On my second set and a perfect opearional record so far on London roads - famous last words.

..but I bet they roll like... Alligators.