How to fix road racing

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited April 2018 in The Crudcatcher
Since they don't seem to be able to stay away from the drugs, whats the best way to make road racing fair again?

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Let em take what they like and chuck in some hookers instead of intermediate sprints!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Get them to tow us up the hill then at least they'll be doing something useful.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Allow borderline drugs like inhalers ... Then you can't cheat as its legal.
  • But if you allow the borderline drugs then they'll just take the beneficial substance from them in higher doses.
    The obvious problem is the big money sponsorship. Mountain bike racers are very poorly paid, even at the very top and drugs aren't an issue in the sport.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've heard rumours, without naming names, that some mountain bikers may have partaken in a joint or two.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fat daddy
    But if you allow the borderline drugs then they'll just take the beneficial substance from them in higher doses.

I have no issue with that ... They will all be doing it, so no one will get an advantage

Alternatively you ban all drugs and just have people with Hayfever and asthma not compete at that level .... Yes that sucks if you have asthma, but, I have no talent and am stereotyped on that and not allowed to compete ... Why should I be stopped from competing at that level just because I am crap compared to a genetic talent
  • Weed is hardly performance enhancing.
    I heard of a rider backing off because top three get drug tested and he'd enjoyed a bit of wacky tobaccy.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I was impressed with the hackers ability to access the medical records. I was unimpressed by the former team doctor getting snotty about it.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Ban all performance enhancing drugs but make it mandatory to take performance debilatating drugs like marijuana, mushrooms or lsd.
    nothing would be better than seeing the yellow jersey during the tour de france whipping past screaming "run for your lives! the tomatoes are coming to eat your fingers!"
  • rockmonkeysc
    Yes. Compulsory lsd for all competitors. Preferably on the start line so it kicks in after a few miles.
    Give them mushrooms and they'll never get on the bike, they'll just want a really deep conversation about the beautiful simplicity of the bicycle and how the chain is a metaphor for the endless struggle of existence.
  • All pro cyclists must spend the whole season living in the Big Brother house under constant watch to know they ain't doping and we may get to see a decent fight as well. I think Aru is due a good kicking after his latest ride
  • fat daddy
    Yes. Compulsory lsd for all competitors. Preferably on the start line so it kicks in after a few miles.
    Give them mushrooms and they'll never get on the bike, they'll just want a really deep conversation about the beautiful simplicity of the bicycle and how the chain is a metaphor for the endless struggle of existence.

its never done Sagan any harm
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's coming up to magic mushroom season (so I hear) and also cx racing season.
    Mushroom tea on the start line for all competitors.
  • Since they don't seem to be able to stay away from the drugs, whats the best way to make road racing fair again?

Apart from the odd domestique getting banned there is not a big problem and those that dope seem to be getting caught. There hasn't been any big scandal in the last few years so I don't get why you're banging on about it as though the sport is broken. There are other issues like team sizes and budgets need sorting out but doping is on the wane.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Inject them ALL once a week with 2mg. of Rip300 for a month before the race and stand back. Fast racing and mega handbags every time there's a pile up. What's not to like!