sunday on the mountain of the cat

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long rolling ride with cafes, followed by wtdf

by the time they reach paris i'll probably have gained a kilo due to tv-based lounging

today, le tour visits the lair of the tabby's french cousin, should be a good one
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Shortish ride this morning, then kid wrangling. Cloudy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Less than 5hrs kip, but a cracking night at the local pub on tour to someone's garden last night

Today is a rest day, so I will probably cycle inbetween kids duty to football

Later is my parents over
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Strange to wake up with everyone in the house (well Miss and Mrs MRS and me - sons are in Scotland "looking after" that house and the dogs).

Fried breakfast (because we can) and a quick jaunt to hospital for bloods before F1.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That must be a very nice kind of strength MRS. Bit odd here with the lad being on holiday. More by virtue of the fact there's less sh!t left lying around and the fridge still has food in it.
    Day of little jobs today. Discovered last night one of the back doors in the new motor doesn't lock so will have to bend there ear and get it sorted. I suspect a dodgy solenoid, I could fix it myself but shouldn't have to. Need to do a few more odd jobs around the house.
    Late lunch at the 'rents followed by a bit of relaxing I think.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another perfect winter day. Yay! Lazy start. Decided to go for a cruise through the local trails. Photo opportunities abound....

35001744223_5f6844945b_k.jpg

Spent the rest of the afternoon fiddling with free bike from yesterday. Weird cassette fitting I cant remove, but otherwise it's a reasonable old thing. Visit to LBS tomorrow to see if the wheel can be sorted or else it's headed for the skip.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    The sheer quantity of bling on display in Richmond Park... I got there and finished an easy ride with a pal before the real hordes arrived. I know people can spend their money on what they like, and good luck to them, and it's 100 times better than sitting on the sofa, but when your wheels alone are worth more than my bike, and you're all decked out head to toe in Assos and Rapha, you really should make an effort to ride faster than 25 kph on the flat, in a group of 4, taking turns on the front like the slowest chaingang in history. I'm only slightly ashamed to say I passed the group no handed, taking a drink. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That must be a very nice kind of strength MRS. Bit odd here with the lad being on holiday. More by virtue of the fact there's less sh!t left lying around and the fridge still has food in it.
    Day of little jobs today. Discovered last night one of the back doors in the new motor doesn't lock so will have to bend there ear and get it sorted. I suspect a dodgy solenoid, I could fix it myself but shouldn't have to. Need to do a few more odd jobs around the house.
    Late lunch at the 'rents followed by a bit of relaxing I think.
    We had the same problem with ours a while back - turned out the rear door handle wasn't going all the way back into place and that stopped the locking mechanism from working. Bit of WD40 did the job.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good to know Stevo, I shall investigate further.
    Just realised autocorrect changed strange to strength at the top of my post.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    'Dodgy solenoid'. Couldn't find that ad on youtube.

Weather is pants today. Might watch the last 30 seconds of today's stage.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    'Dodgy solenoid'. Couldn't find that ad on youtube.

Weather is pants today. Might watch the last 30 seconds of today's stage.

Laters.

Contador to dress in Wanty kit, get in a break and win by 25 minutes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    90k to go, quite good so far

saw a nice tabby and white cat at the top of shooters hill this morning, clearly an omen
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny