saturday stabbing hatred in the face, with fire

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

upsy downsy round and roundy, looks like it'll be pleasantly mild start, albeit cloudy

then squander much of the day wtdf, hilly stage, let's hope for some attacking sky and shake up of the order
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pack up and leave the room that's been "home" for a month

Watch F1 quali
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, finish coffee, get ready for ride, bit windy but the sun is out, tdf this afternoon

Have a good weekend
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Sunny.

Hillwalk with kids
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pack up and leave the room that's been "home" for a month

:)

You win the best weekend award
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice 13 mile trail run in the bag, now pig based breakfast followed by dad's taxi and a wander round town with the current wife

Then off to the kids school for something or other. Later is a BBQ in the village with ale and a band
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Garry H wrote:
    Sunny.

Hillwalk with kids

Are you looking for rocket remnants before GCHQ catch up with you? Is this an independent borders space programme or is this Sturgeon's clandestine state sponsored venture in a long complex plan to point nuke's at Carlisle* to add political weight and leverage to her world domination ambitions?

*It's a flawed idea - no one is interested in Carlisle and theoretically, a strike would do a few million pounds worth of improvement. It would be much more poignant, given it's historical significance, to point it at Berwick Upon Tweed.

Miss MRS is a lucky girl and fingers crossed. My transplant was 35 days. She wins. Now you can start to slowly stitch your life back together - you won't know where to start but don't panic - we can 'help'.

Me coughing up sh1t me. It's either the beginning of the end of this lurgy or the end of the beginning.

Sun is out. Light breeze.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspider
    Buying Sheeran tickets for Miss MRS - that's a morning's work
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Long drive in the countryside today. Had to make an appearance at a birthday party, plus collect a free bike from the brother in law. He'd rescued it from local church somehow and decided it was too good to chuck out.

Hmm. Not sure I am really needing a near 30 year old TIG welded steel frame Giant roadie in farm gate size, although it is in very good nick for it's age. Might be a clean up and sell it jobbie...

Trying to find a car to buy.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    @ MRS - I think you've made quite a few people's weekends with that news :)

I'm sitting in a coffee shop having a caffeine fix and a bit of lunch before getting supplies. Just managed to flog the last.of my folks Mousey Thompson furniture so at least got shot.of most of the valuable stuff now. On the downside the temp veneer on my tooth just cracked so back to looking like a crim for a few days. Ho hum
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @ MRS - I think you've made quite a few people's weekends with that news :)
    Indeed. Excellent news.

I spent two nights as the damned patient in hospital last year and that was enough to drive me crazy, could not get out of there fast enough. A month would be hell times 1000..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    Thanks folks. We're going to be back to the hospital an awful lot, no doubt - just fingers crossed that it's not for prolonged in-patient stays. At least 90 nights in here this year and I could count the number of days we've not visited on my fingers and toes.

Appreciate all the support, folks.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

I thought she'd been through enough :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Great news indeed MRS, hope she starts spending more time out than in.
    Picked up new motor, went to Brands and watched small cars racing. Great fun. Now back home and unwinding before barbecue and beer.
  • meanredspider
    Garry H wrote:

I've already been to Primark with her - I'm not going to Ed.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Great news indeed MRS, hope she starts spending more time out than in.
    Picked up new motor, went to Brands and watched small cars racing. Great fun. Now back home and unwinding before barbecue and beer.

What did you watch at Brands? I'm so missing my racing. Still hoping I might get out once or twice - though, moving house too, it might all be a bit ambitious.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    What did you watch at Brands?
    It's the Mini festival so lots of different classes of Mini racing from stock to full on silhouette type racers. Lass that works in our Bradford branch races in a fairly standard series. Her best qualifying ever in third. Finished in fifth, I think qualifying so well freaked her out a bit. Did well though.
    Good fun on the indy circuit, they get quite out of shape coming off paddock hill bend.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What did you watch at Brands?
    It's the Mini festival so lots of different classes of Mini racing from stock to full on silhouette type racers. Lass that works in our Bradford branch races in a fairly standard series. Her best qualifying ever in third. Finished in fifth, I think qualifying so well freaked her out a bit. Did well though.
    Good fun on the indy circuit, they get quite out of shape coming off paddock hill bend.

One of the races I might get to do is at Brands Indy (including a night race). I've only been there twice and I've never quite felt that I've mastered it.

As in one of my other posts, it's amazing what pressure does. My first outright win had me making all sorts of silly mistakes on the last couple of laps - including selecting 5th twice before finally getting the 3rd gear I wanted! Well done to her. A well-sorted Mini is a very fast car.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    MRS, I second that emotion (+ loads).
    In this crazy, fucked up world we live in, look after yourselves, and your friends.
    Love and peace from the BBGeek.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • meanredspider
    Thank you, BBG
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Garry H wrote:

Ha ha. :lol:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!