Riding with psoriasis. What knee protection?

jamski
jamski Posts: 737
edited March 2018 in Health, fitness & training
So I 'suffer' from psoriasis. Could be worse, but I have it worst on my knees. I've always ridden with knee pads as the smallest off will just take all the skin off. Used to play cricket and just sliding across grass would do the same.

Anyhoo, in the warmer weather, and riding further, the knee pads rub after a while, but more to the point I feel they're a bit of overkill for most of my rides.

Does anyone else suffer from it, and/or have any suggestions for knee covering that will protect? Or are knee pads the only option?

Cheers.
Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two

Comments

• Mapaputsi
    Mapaputsi Posts: 104
    How about just a pair of leg warmers? These can be made of nice light material and will certainly be better than nothing if you come off.

Was on a MTB leader course recently and the dude carried cling film that he had used to wrap nasty cuts/burns before. Could be worth wrapping your knees up with it?
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Thanks, yeah I have found something that looks a bit more lightweight, so we'll give them a go sometime. :)
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    What about lightweight 3/4 lengths (or knicks)? Probably more comfortable than knee warmers if you're wearing them all the time. I've had a pair of 3/4 lengths in the past that were made of normal weight lycra and not roubaix/fleece lined.
  • thebosh
    thebosh Posts: 8
    You dont want to cut off too much circulation??