cafe, wfh, cafe, wtdf, physio, wtdf

settling in nicely to the rhythm of the tour
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yeah Friday

WFH as surprisingly the building isn't coming today

So off for a run in a minute and hope that the wife has prepared a pig based breakfast

Later is dad's taxi to the next village for the eldests football practice and therefore would be rude not to visit their pub and then back to the local after football
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning Gents, well after last nights thunder storm , the sun is out , so today's activitys
    Shopping, cycling ,watching the tour
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Hiya

Finishing nightshift as we speak.
    4 days off follows, which will mostly involve cycling and watching cycling on the telly, and wine, and a vintage vehicle show.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hot. Sober. Grumpy. Bollix.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Poor sober hop, I feel his pain.... :lol:

Off to visit the olds after work in Sussex with number 1 son. Might pop into Brighton tomorrow and get ripped off on the pier.

Happy Friday everyone! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Fark it was hot last night, took a while to get to sleep. Got a conference call with the Kingdom of Far Far Away this morning where I will continue to offer them less than they want and wait for the fur to fly next week as they're far too polite to tell me what they really think on the phone.

I'm considering bacon after that as a reward to myself. Cider of the rocket fuel variety is in the fridge for this evening 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    yay ... dress down Friday ..... means I can stick any pair of shorts and t-shirt on and cycle to work, don't race anyone so I don't break a sweat then I don't need to get changed, or take a change of clothes etc etc.

then just cycle home at the end of the day .... the joy of sedentary cycling
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Rain, but very warm. No work, but missus away with pals for weekend, so no cycling either.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Drove in this morning but with a bicycle in the boot. Selling the dullest car in the world today so will cycle home, then ready to collect a marginally less dull car tomorrow. Need to bunk extra early today as I have to collect the Mrs from the hospital later. Luckily the Mini is at home so I can use that and won't have to give her a cross bar. The lad is still in Tenerife, hasn't been arrested yet as far as we know. Might go to a pub later.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Drove in this morning but with a bicycle in the boot. Selling the dullest car in the world today so will cycle home, then ready to collect a marginally less dull car tomorrow. Need to bunk extra early today as I have to collect the Mrs from the hospital later. Luckily the Mini is at home so I can use that and won't have to give her a cross bar. The lad is still in Tenerife, hasn't been arrested yet as far as we know. Might go to a pub later.
    Which model Volvo are you selling v?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    first cafe of the day, pain au chocolat and some espressos

who says it's hot? that's a sign of insufficient time in the tropics, slightly chilly in london at the moment, looks like it could be clouding over, brrrr

getting a new hawaiian shirt today, will gauge success by mrs s's reaction, it has tigers
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:

It's Friday

You have to drink - it's the law
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Buongiorno

New Synapse boxed and ready for collection back to shop to sort front wheel, and get a di2 charger. Should get back early next week, can't wait to give it a go.

Loving the tour, even when not much going on I get into the strategy and tactics.

Is there an Orica whatevertheyarecalledthisyear song?

Cannondale%20Synapse%20Carbon%20Ultegra%20Disc.jpg
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

It's Friday

I will drink. Jasmine fcuking tea. Black fcuking coffee. Fizzy fcuking water. I will feel good tomorrow though. Smug too. Also grumpy.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:
    yay ... dress down Friday ..... means I can stick any pair of shorts and t-shirt on and cycle to work, don't race anyone so I don't break a sweat then I don't need to get changed, or take a change of clothes etc etc.

then just cycle home at the end of the day .... the joy of sedentary cycling

Lucky sod, we have dress down but not allowed shorts, women can were what they like so go figure!

Morning, couple days away after an impromptu "your going here" now back in scummy hell. Still its Friday so theres hope I guess.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    The A4 estate.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    The A4 estate.

How much is it, I was looking at Volvo's. Maybe the big jeepy type one. But don't have much to put towards it.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    He just had the wrong audi

https://drivetribe.com/p/watch-as-this- ... ce=organic

SFW, except the speakers, some swearing I think
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    The A4 estate.
    I've been checking out Volvos lately, should I avoid?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    ^ yep.

How's the head Hoppy? Where's that lovely swirly post drinking picture we had a while back Sungod?

Meh, rain here and toots to entertain in backwater town. If you have a look at Dumfries and Galloway, it's like a large intestine and we're the anus.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    I was sober as a judge, and b@stard annoyed about it. The annoyance will pass by Sunday, and I will achieve a zen-like state of calm and beneficence.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ yep.

How's the head Hoppy? Where's that lovely swirly post drinking picture we had a while back Sungod?

you mean like these?
    giphy.gif
    thats-cool-gif-wallpaper-2.jpg

this'll be hopkinb soon...

gorillapsychogif.gif
  • hopkinb
    Jesus H Christ. That's a proper head fcuker...
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

It's Friday

I will drink. Jasmine fcuking tea. Black fcuking coffee. Fizzy fcuking water. I will feel good tomorrow though. Smug too. Also grumpy.

Cider & Peroni for me

I don't get hangovers, so the only pain I will get is from leaving home at 6.30am for an off-road half marathon
  • seanoconn
    FYI, I will now be posting under the name of Susan Jones.

I have decided to go public with the gender change because there is a much better acceptance and understanding.

The outcome of that journey has meant that for a considerable time now I have lived as Susan.

The steps taken over a prolonged period under the watchful eye of the medical profession to complete the transition from one gender to another can be difficult and are always only taken after much soul searching and anguish.

Please respect my wishes.

Susan.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn wrote:

I have decided to go public with the gender change because there is a much better acceptance and understanding.

The outcome of that journey has meant that for a considerable time now I have lived as Susan.

The steps taken over a prolonged period under the watchful eye of the medical profession to complete the transition from one gender to another can be difficult and are always only taken after much soul searching and anguish.

Susan.

[Plagiarised stuff form Robert Millar]

FAIL
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    That was the joke dumbass.

That fecking Pinno :roll:
  • sungod
    as mf isn't around. i was about to ask for nork pics on his behalf
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:

Susan.

Is this why you didn't meet up for the London based drinks
  • seanoconn
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Susan.

Is this why you didn't meet up for the London based drinks
    I was the tall masculine blonde that Stevo was trying to pull. I thought the deep voice and Adam's apple might give me away but nope, randy bugger.