Power differences between two people

13»

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    okgo wrote:
    I think I preferred it when only people with half a clue would buy powermeters. Now everyone has them and thinks they're Dr Ferrari.

Yeah - because the concept of power is really difficult to get your head around.... :roll:

Very few people seem to have a clue. Most of them are on this forum.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • OMark
    OMark Posts: 23
    There are really too many variables, including fitness, body type, leg length, etc
  • thomasmorris
    thomasmorris Posts: 373
    OMark wrote:
    There are really too many variables, including fitness, body type, leg length, etc
    ^ great trolling.
  • ALawson
    ALawson Posts: 11
    I know Okgo from else where! I am happy to say I run vectors, they are fiddly to set up but a decent torque wrench makes it easy.

Only issue I have had with them is pod plugs/cable getting chopped on fast descents. In theory there is the 5mm clearance between cable and chain but on a jumping chain downhill they seem to die. Garmin going to sent some new ones so only slightly annoying. I have ridden side by side with similar weight people going similar speeds and the power is within a similar % difference. More importantly I do find they give consistent results.

I have looked at crank based systems, and still may move to one.