2018 Gear

kleinstroker
kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
edited July 2018 in Pro race
Time to get the ball rolling for 2018 I think...

CVNDSH made from atoms

New paint tech

DDgYGWwXgAE9vgt.jpg:medium

DDgYIesXkAAn68I.jpg:medium

DDgIydwXYAAzeoW.jpg:medium

d5b_4239.jpg?w=960&q=70&hash=3ED777E8893C770FF9562ED32CC4DB086F1A158F

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    But... but...

...everything's made of atoms, isn't it? I mean, I'm not a scientist or anything
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Jesus wept, got himself together, dried his eyes and then got hit by a bus ...

It's stil 2017 and that bike will be ridden by the end of this week ... literally halfway through this year, not next ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Weird seat post
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Love the paint. Seatpost will likely be a compliance/comfort feature.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I don't get the CVNDSH green signature colour thing - he won the green jersey once, since when Sagan has dominated in an unprecedented manner. OK, he was robbed a couple of times (IMO) but seems strange to market yourself around an objective you've fallen short in (relatively speaking - for a 30 time stage winner, one green jersey is a poor return).
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    everything from "V" forwards is cool. Not so backwards.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    BigMat wrote:
    I don't get the CVNDSH green signature colour thing - he won the green jersey once, since when Sagan has dominated in an unprecedented manner. OK, he was robbed a couple of times (IMO) but seems strange to market yourself around an objective you've fallen short in (relatively speaking - for a 30 time stage winner, one green jersey is a poor return).

May be he just likes the colour...
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    BigMat wrote:

I've said this in the past also ... Might as well write BDNCK on the top tube for all it matters ... I get the impression he was trying to do for green what LA did for yellow and now, despite his lack of success in winning the green jersey, he is stuck with it ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • kleinstroker
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    But... but...

...everything's made of atoms, isn't it? I mean, I'm not a scientist or anything

I know, silly Cervelo marketing blurb said something about "new atomic F1 technology"
  • kleinstroker
    Tony Martins Kraftwerk designed TT machine

DDplQn3W0AAsGoO?format=jpg&name=medium
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    The cycling podcast pedaleur de charme jersey

DDkep2aXYAALILE?format=jpg&name=large

DDkep2WW0AQah9x?format=jpg&name=large
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    That Cervelo is not a good looking bike.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Trek Emonda. I don't think it looks much but it's 665g! 640g with rim brakes.

2018-Trek-EMONDA-Disc-SLR-8-lightweight-disc-brake-road-bike-2.jpg
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Or as I read somewhere, weighs less than a full bidon.
    Half man, Half bike
  • kleinstroker
    inseine wrote:
    Trek Emonda. I don't think it looks much but it's 665g! 640g with rim brakes.

2018-Trek-EMONDA-Disc-SLR-8-lightweight-disc-brake-road-bike-2.jpg

Presumably that is without forks which could easily double it. Still very impressive but it must be quite flighty
  • inseine
    Presumably that is without forks which could easily double it. Still very impressive but it must be quite flighty

Just over 300g for the forks. 640g forks would be very heavy.
  • kleinstroker
    inseine wrote:

Just over 300g for the forks. 640g forks would be very heavy.
    I think my synapse forks were 800+ and that was just a couple of years ago.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2017
    DD9FSptV0AMEaow.jpg
  • FocusZing
    DD1jF9rXoAA70cY.jpg
    Oh, why is humanity so cruel? Why!, WHY!
  • Sky with a new Kask lid on today?
  • FocusZing
    P1000082.jpg
    P1000088.jpg
    LA PLANCHE DES BELLES FILLES, France (CT) – It had been spotted at the Critérium du Dauphiné, but on stage 5 of the Tour de France, Fabio Aru (Astana) shot across the finish line to win aboard a custom-painted version of Argon 18’s latest pure race bike, the Gallium Pro.
    https://cyclingtips.com/2017/07/tour-de ... -pro-2018/
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Oof

What a stunning bike.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • salsiccia1
    Yep, that's lovely
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Sky with a new Kask lid on today?

Yep

Kask-helmet-1.jpg
  • inseine
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Yep, that's lovely
    Agreed, but funnily enough I thought it looked a bit rubbish 'in action' especially paired with Aru's kit. You couldn't tell the make either and the yellow strip on the head tube looks like a bit of electrical tape covering up the name.
  • inseine
    This might be what we're all riding when we're old. Very clean clean looking electric bike that supposed to be around 12kg. Will also be avaialbel as a cyclo cross and adventure bike.

Focus-Project-Y_carbon-dropbar-e-bike-concept_prototype-all-road-gravel-cyclocross-adventure-bike_road-complete-600x400.jpg
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    do you have a link to more info inseine?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    maddog 2 wrote:
    https://www.focus-bikes.com/gb_en/proje ... cing-bikes

In all other respects, the PROJECT Y offers the same ride characteristics as a standard racing bike. There is no pedal resistance. At less than 12 kg, the bike is really light and fast. Wherever weight becomes an issue (e.g. going uphill), the drive kicks in and assists you with up to 400 watts of additional power. The assistance feels completely natural at 25 km/h and you get the very best out of your ride. The future of racing bikes offers maximum performance in every situation
  • salsiccia1
    moonshine wrote:
    maddog 2 wrote:
    https://www.focus-bikes.com/gb_en/proje ... cing-bikes

In all other respects, the PROJECT Y offers the same ride characteristics as a standard racing bike. There is no pedal resistance. At less than 12 kg, the bike is really light and fast. Wherever weight becomes an issue (e.g. going uphill), the drive kicks in and assists you with up to 400 watts of additional power. The assistance feels completely natural at 25 km/h and you get the very best out of your ride. The future of racing bikes offers maximum performance in every situation

Want. Right now. Not when I'm old.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Why not just ride a motorbike?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live