• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    This is de rigeur for the foreign nationals/ex pats/ex colonies:

bmw-isetta-250_key_0.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited July 2017
    A comfy, fully restored Mercedes 350sl. Dream time.

c2cf0d249907fd318906c378d7dacf40.jpg

Power, comfort, reliability, street cred... Something worth polishing :wink:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:
    This is de rigeur for the foreign nationals/ex pats/ex colonies:

bmw-isetta-250_key_0.jpg

Is he wearing prison overalls???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    I think you could be right. It could be the self imposed penance of a Presbyterian.
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    A comfy, fully restored Mercedes 350sl. Dream time.

c2cf0d249907fd318906c378d7dacf40.jpg

Power, comfort, reliability, street cred... Something worth polishing :wink:

Nope... one of these maybe..

Mercedes-280SL-Buds-Benz-Gooding-Auction-Sale.jpg
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Nope... one of these maybe..

Mercedes-280SL-Buds-Benz-Gooding-Auction-Sale.jpg

I'll raise you

32118002_MOTORING_MercEDES_SL_Credit_CHARLIE_MAGEE_____T5E8763.JPG-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqc8uTZu7MI6aSo0qX4BZMkH1EgfA6nm-yhMkMg4BHWL4.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    Yeah sure MRS. Like that ^ is cheap.
  • Wheelspinner
    Lolz. That red 280SL sold for USD 132000 and the owner was disappointed. Later that day a green one sold for over 220k... they are serious money. Cheap they most certainly aren't
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pinno wrote:
    Yeah sure MRS. Like that ^ is cheap.
    Pinno wrote:
    Dream time.
    :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Hmmmm...

16c434_065.jpg?itok=VXdTk2gO

Or one that takes a downhill bike:

mercedes-amg-e-63-estate-2017-201733635_1.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

That's not real is it? Looks like they've stuck a Porsche and an Aston Martin together.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2017
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

That's not real is it? Looks like they've stuck a Porsche and an Aston Martin together.
    It is real:
    http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/mercedes-amg-gt/amg-gtr.html

And sound-wise it's filthier than my old Aussie girlfriend :P
    https://youtu.be/s9d0L5FiOwc

Same engine goes in the estate car...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

You know you are a middle-aged accountant when your dreams involve Mercedes ' :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

You know you are a middle-aged accountant when your dreams involve Mercedes ' :wink:
    I'm planning, not dreaming :wink:
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

I'm planning, not dreaming :wink:
    Good for you, we can all make plans for the future. My beautiful SEAT is 20 this year and still drives like a dream. I think. I haven't started her up for a fortnight. Perhaps I'll plan to drive her in the future.
    And the white estate is nice - I'd love one :mrgreen:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Good for you, we can all make plans for the future. My beautiful SEAT is 20 this year and still drives like a dream. I think. I haven't started her up for a fortnight. Perhaps I'll plan to drive her in the future.
    Need to be practical for my biking habits And the wagon looks less like a 'Men-o-Porsche' type of car than the green one :)
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Need to be practical for my biking habits And the wagon looks less like a 'Men-o-Porsche' type of car than the green one :)
    E or C - class? The old E used to have self-levelling suspension which was handy buying wine in France and beer in Belgium. All duty paid of course, God Bless the EU :wink:
    Although it's probably not an issue with a couple of bikes and a change of clothes for a dirty weekend away.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    E or C - class? The old E used to have self-levelling suspension which was handy buying wine in France and beer in Belgium. All duty paid of course, God Bless the EU :wink:
    Although it's probably not an issue with a couple of bikes and a change of clothes for a dirty weekend away.
    Prefer the E as its 4wd and definitely has the room for a non-dismantled bike inside. Might be a bit of a close call with the C.