friday old men are always young enough to learn

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafes, wfh, physio, cafe, call it a week

too cold, need holiday, too cold, need holiday, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, where's the sun gone, Sungod ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice run was stopped with a call from home about a pet dying. Time now for a decent hotel breakfast before a day of meetings

Later is a night out with the wife to celebrate many years married
  • sungod

consequence of brexit, it automatically took the uk out of the ehsa (european hot sunny area)
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    1406dd9f16a6ddd5fb1224501e9d49e2.jpg

British weather for British people!!!

First day of school holidays today.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ah Friday ... probably the same as all the other days to be fair
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Summer's gone, the nights are drawing in. Winter will soon be here.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    sungod wrote:

consequence of brexit, it automatically took the uk out of the ehsa (european hot sunny area) now firmly ensconced in Portugal, where it belongs

FTFY

Wish I had read the title of this thread before I cycled to the Saturday market this morning :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    There's no need for that ambiguity and lack of an explanation Mr T47. It's just not on.

Not sure I have a Friday feeling. The downside is a lack of cycling and a coughing fit at 2am. I came downstairs for some legal substances to alleviate said cough and the cat sat bolt upright looking at me as if to say "You got worms mate".
    The upside is that it's loosening and starting to free up a bit.
    Toots wore dresses and normal attire for last day of school. All smiles. Took nano seconds to get them dressed in eager anticipation. Why couldn't they do that for the rest of the school year? :roll:

Might have snooze and see if I can summon some energy to go pedal glass cranking T47 style. I think even he could give me a run for my money at the moment.
    Sky is cloudy but it's not actually raining as anticipated.
    What's it like over there Gazza?

Window cleaner finally got around to cleaning out my gutters at PPP. Quoted £40. Is now asking for £50. Cheeky considering he took ages to get around to it. Do I pay him:

A) £40
    B) £45
    C) £50
    D) None of the above.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    What is this last day of school in Scotland malarkey? Another 3 weeks down here.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Window cleaner finally got around to cleaning out my gutters at PPP. Quoted £40. Is now asking for £50. Cheeky considering he took ages to get around to it. Do I pay him:

A) £40
    B) £45
    C) £50
    D) None of the above.

Laters.
    You negotiate with window cleaners while they are at the top of the ladder and you are standing menacingly at the bottom.
  • sungod
    give him 45, but coat all the dosh with fresh phlegm so that he takes the infection away with him

he'll be so pleased with himself over the extra fiver than he won't realise the danger lurking on the damp notes
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Scorchio

p01zfn4w.jpg
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Up early for no good reason. Two cups of tea therefore required instead of the regulation one. Spent a couple of hours catching up on snooze time in the sun after breakfast. Back to the physio this afternoon though, and today it was decidedly hurtful.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Garry H
    Cloudy, but raining.

Kill the window cleaner.
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    What is this last day of school in Scotland malarkey? Another 3 weeks down here.

They have to go back whilst it's still summer though. I think it's just another way of not being england.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    The lad finished school yesterday.
  • Garry H
    TDF stuff on ES now just
  • pinno
    Up early for no good reason. Two cups of tea therefore required instead of the regulation one. Spent a couple of hours catching up on snooze time in the sun after breakfast. Back to the physio this afternoon though, and today it was decidedly hurtful.

...but not a single reference to my long and instructive essay into car polishing after your request :roll: Cheers mate. W@nker.

@Meursault: Having a good holiday in Mosul?
    @Seano: I can tell you are dodgy but I reluctantly think you have a point.
    @SG: I think that would be inhumane and it's probably covered somewhere in the Geneva Convention.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Pinno wrote:

...but not a single reference to my long and instructive essay into car polishing after your request :roll: Cheers mate. W@nker.

@SG: I think that would be inhumane and it's probably covered somewhere in the Geneva Convention.

Perhaps if you had actually answered my question I'd have responded. I didn't ask for a lecture on the various brands of polish, nor did I request details of what cars are painted with. Given I'm on my 4th BMW car, 3rd Beemer bike, and have had Audi, VW, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Honda, Porsche, and various other things over the years I'm reasonably well-informed about how they're made, and how they work.

It was a quite simple question: are electric buffing gadgets any good? You failed to provide any meaningful input on that query at all, so whether you wrote 5 words or 500 on something else is irrelevant.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Perhaps if you had actually answered my question I'd have responded. I didn't ask for a lecture on the various brands of polish, nor did I request details of what cars are painted with. Given I'm on my 4th BMW car, 3rd Beemer bike, and have had Audi, VW, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Honda, Porsche, and various other things over the years I'm reasonably well-informed about how they're made, and how they work.

It was a quite simple question: are electric buffing gadgets any good? You failed to provide any meaningful input on that query at all, so whether you wrote 5 words or 500 on something else is irrelevant.

:shock:

Personally I would sack that physio (and the shrink).
  • veronese68
    Perhaps if you had actually answered my question I'd have responded.
    I ignored you so didn't expect a response and am not offended by the lack of one. :mrgreen:
    I ignored you for the very simple reason that I do not wash cars. Always try to buy cars in a colour that requires minimal washing. Silver or grey are good for that. Buffing machines are very good if used correctly, they can make a mess of things if used badly. I've seen people go through the paint on seams and swage lines through careless use.
    My advice is to sell it and buy a clean car. Preferably one with a full tank and an empty ashtray.
  • pinno
    edited June 2017
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Perhaps if you had actually answered my question I'd have responded.
    I ignored you so didn't expect a response and am not offended by the lack of one. :mrgreen:
    I ignored you for the very simple reason that I do not wash cars. Always try to buy cars in a colour that requires minimal washing. Silver or grey are good for that. Buffing machines are very good if used correctly, they can make a mess of things if used badly. I've seen people go through the paint on seams and swage lines through careless use.
    My advice is to sell it and buy a clean car. Preferably one with a full tank and an empty ashtray.

You didn't say which 'gadget' ffs. :roll: Don't say I didn't warn you. The rest is sterling advice.
    [Pedantic mode on} You might have a frikkin Ferrari but that doesn't mean you are good at polishing a frikkin car[Pedantic mode off]
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

:shock:

Personally I would sack that physio (and the shrink).
    Boom! Take that Pinno :lol:

Does Honk Kong have Greggs? It's about half way. Anyway, carry on

42kmoig.gif
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm with you V68. Briefly owned a black car but decided it was a disaster as every spec of dirt or slight scratch showed. Silver or grey is great - ideally with leather seats. If only I could train Mrs MRS not to put apple cores or banana skins in the door pockets or her thumb print in the middle of the rear view mirror....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Boom! Take that Pinno :lol:

Does Honk Kong have Greggs? It's about half way. Anyway, carry on

I did - right on the chin.
    I looked on the map but didn't find this Honking Kong.

Kids + Car interiors = huge devaluation.
    My OH doesn't drive so at least the car is not covered in dinks.

The cat is snoring. I think he knows what the forecast is.
  • veronese68
    There was a chap on a thread about washing bikes that was more than a little obsessive. Then he confessed he was into detailing cars. I don't know when that became a thing but it is a concept utterly alien to me. They don't just wash and polish a car they have special polishes for different bits and different cloths according to which bit. I think they take bits apart to clean them as well. This is not a strip down and rebuild for mechanical reasons, this is fanatical cleaning of a perfectly functional machine that's only going to get dirty again.
    Completely agree with MRS about the Mrs and rubbish in the car.
  • pinno
    Yeah, I watched this manic obsessive bloke who charged £40k to clean this Ferrari. He used an ultra violet light to painstakingly go over every square inch of paintwork and said to the bloke that if he found any scratches, he would refund him £100 for each scratch. He even cleaned the engine bay.
    I don't think i've spent £100 on cleaning products for my car in the last 5 years* though i've spent probably twice that on cleaning hire cars abroad after the kids have had a go to avoid charges.

*I don't know how but all the cleaning stuff we used for the works van ended up in my shed!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I tend to keep my car a bit filthy.

This means when I put on the wipers to discourage the f***wit who is tailgating me, they get their nice shiny car covered in dirty water. Underneath my car's bonnet, the washer filler cap is labelled, "Ammuntion" .

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    The problem here in Jockland is that the sweaties obsessively clean their (HP/Lease) cars to within an inch of the cars life every time the sun pops out.
    It must be something to do with Calvinism - "Godliness is cleanliness" and all that biblical sh1t. Not that many go to church here but it's still deep rooted.
    They are the same with their houses. Now they do breed - that there is no doubt but for the obsessively clean (which is the majority) it always intrigues me how they have sex.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Pinno wrote:

Bleedin lovely 'ere, though be careful of false trip advisor reviews.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire