Brake pads for Campag Boras

chadders81
chadders81 Posts: 744
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Campag say I ought to use their pads for Campag Bora Ones but guessing I can use any carbon specific pads?

Anybody have any experience either way?

Comments

• 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    I've used Swissstop Black Prince on all my carbon wheels with no problems. Don't have any Campag, but that covers Enve, DTSwiss, AXLightness, Vision, Mavic, Zipp and some Chinese Carbonzone things I just built, so it feels like a decent sample.
  • Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    I use campags red pads, they are very good.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    The red Campag ones are excellent
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Wiggle Lifeline carbon pads are great, they grip in the wet, they don't squeal, and they last forever.

£4.99 for 4!
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    The Campagnolo red pads are excellent. I wouldn't use any other.
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I've bought some Lifeline Blues to test next but I've been very happy with the Campag reds.

I've had the same set fitted since summer 2015 and they have barely worn including a trip in the Pyrenees. Dry use only though.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Campag reds here.

(although I am tempted to say "fair swap")
    Insert bike here:
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Campag reds here also, they're excellent in both wet and dry. I've no reason to try anything else.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Another vote for Campag reds here. I bought 4 pairs on offer as I didn't realise how slowly they wear.

They're excellent
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    There was a photo article on here a few years ago on Tour de France pro bikes - a number of Shimano and SRAM sponsored teams were using Campag red pads (though not admitting to it).