Ammaco Oxygen DST 181RST info/value?

hyh83
hyh83 Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in MTB general
Hi all.

I'm trying to find the value of an Ammaco Oxygen DST 181RST for an elderly friend. Her son purchased it some years ago and it has hardly been used. Almost in new condition. I haven't been able to find out any info online whatsoever, and I'm pretty good at using google with very specific search strings to find stuff. No virtual existence of this bike at all. All I did notice was a lot of negative comments about Ammaco bikes in general.

I don't have much info at the moment except that it is dual suspension and has traditional pad (not disc) brakes, so don't have much to go on. if I couldn't get any ideas of value I would have gone back to her to take pictures, measure the wheels, look at the brands of various parts, though someone else has said to her maybe £100-120. I had similarly said I would expect at least £100, but told her I would spend some more time trying to find info about it first, which has since been unsuccessful.

I've just noticed this is breaking forum rule 16, but believe me I have tried my hardest to find any info about this bike.

Comments

• hyh83
    hyh83 Posts: 3
    After the comments I'd read about the brand I had feared it may not be worth a great deal.

I figured it would at least be worth close to the purchase price of a new one as it looks completely unused, but it might still be hard to find a sale at that price (whatever it is). At least if I could find a full specification I could compare it to what has been selling at what prices.

I was going to try to sell it for her (probably ebay). Maybe £100 is optimistic but could be a starting point. I'll drop it down if no interest...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    BSO is being kind. I'd pay someone to take it away.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    hyh83 wrote:
    Maybe £100 is optimistic but could be a starting point. I'll drop it down if no interest...
    As a second hand cheap bike, even near immaculate, £50 is about your best hope, even that is optimistic and I'd expect circa £35.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.