Halo headbands?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
https://www.haloheadbanduk.com/
Anyone using these? Claim to keep sweat out of your eyes, and glasses and is something I frequently suffer from, no matter what I wear. Tried various helmets (Spesh Prevail with "mouthport" front venting), Met Sine Thesis (non-fabric pads which don't absorb sweat) and current favourite, a Giro Synthe. All better than previous helmets, but none totally solve the problem. Also use a variety of headbands/summer caps/summer skull caps which help but tend to get "overwhelmed" half way through a ride so either have to remove or change over.

So, any Halo Headband users able to comment on whether they do successfully channel sweat away from the eyes? Considering a light headband, and possibly the sports cap too (for non-cycling activities). I see they also do a cycling cap with the same "sweat channel" tech, which could also be on the list if they work....

Over to you....
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I use one for running. Not tried it on the bike.

It works as well as any other headband really. I can't say the little yellow strip of rubber that supposedly re-directs sweat makes any noticeable difference.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have 2 using these means I can wear my sunglasses without continually having to take them off to squeeze the sweat out of my helmet pads. I think have only got sweat on my glasses once in the 4 years I have had them and that was more due to condensation dripping off my helmet. I just take it in to the shower to wash rinse it after a ride.
    Only downside I'd you end up with a groove across your forehead for an hour or so after taking the headband off.
    I have the ones that have a Velcro fastening.
  • marin_maniac
    marin_maniac Posts: 513
    I have two also. They do exactly what you're looking for. I got sick of trying to wipe the sweat out of my eyes, then I found the Halo head bands.

Expensive, but worth it.
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    Yes, have used the Halo headband, here in hot and sweaty Bangkok, Thailand.

They're ok, but i've switched to using a Desoto skincooler beanie ( which will be good for skiing too )
    https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... met-beanie

The Desoto is more comfortable - and i recommend their skin cooler stuff for all hot, sunny riding - the long sleeve top is excellent ( as is the short sleeve jersey)
    https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... 1425044691
  • Alternative for you to look at is Sweat GUTR.

I used to use one which I found did the job well, until I changed helmets to a Kask Mojito, no need for it anymore.

Or try searching sweat gutter on ebay, the Chinese version for abt £5.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Castelli Summer Skully good for this too. Always wear mine in hot conditions. Stops your head getting sunburned too if your folically challenged.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    if you ride a bit faster the sweat will evaporate.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605

mine doesn't ... at speed, it refuses to come out and just builds up under the skin, then when you stop it all comes out at once
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    fat daddy wrote:

mine doesn't ... at speed, it refuses to come out and just builds up under the skin, then when you stop it all comes out at once

That was me in Mallorca a couple of years ago (in August!) after hiring a bike for a few days. Not as bad in the UK obviously, but still an issue for me when it gets hotter. Will look at the GUTR on ebay, but think I'll at least try the summer skull cap from Halo. Cheers all
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...