Cycle To Work Scheme, Trying Anyway.

grant2307
grant2307 Posts: 135
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
I recently filled in the form for the cycle to work scheme for the organisation to get in contact with my HR department.

Once I filled the form in, i was copied in to the email as they informed me, I even sent the main contact in HR an email to inform her I had put this scheme through and it wasn't just garbage coming to her inbox. Politely reminded her that it wouldn't take long and that it would help with the charity rides I'm doing for the charity that my company have partnered with.

It's been a month or so now since I sent the request off. I can't call her either as it's now been turned to an automated service.

How can I chase this up with out being 'the annoying one', I understand she is busy but come on now.

Comments

• Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    Possibly she is not keen on having your email on the server if the IR calls.

You do seem to have said the reason you want a CTW bike is charity rides.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Some companies, like mine, don't want the hassle involved with the official schemes. Mega paperwork. It's really up to them, not you. Bit weird though if even HR won't speak to you.

We just do a salary sacrifice loan.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    cooldad wrote:

Is this LEGAL?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    cooldad wrote:

Is this LEGAL?
    Yes. For example lots of companies do salary sacrifice loans for annual train tickets
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I can't see that HR will do it off their own bat - unless you're higher up in the company than they are.

Cycling is the new golf though - any of the Directors into it ? You really need them to push it through. They won't do it otherwise.

I know my company bangs on about how green it is - but we don't have a bloody C2W scheme....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

Is this LEGAL?

I assume it is, we are a legit, decent size company, and it was vetted by the FD and approved by the board.

That's not my problem though, I just enjoy buying bikes at 40% off, effectively.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • grant2307
    I will give her another email and see what her replay is.

I work for a a car dealership, so you would think with all the emissions etc they would be happy to promote green living? But I guess it's not one of their cars!

Then again I'm not a director or a car salesman so I have no power in my words ha.
  • grant2307
    3rd email sent regarding this now, have asked if I could look at the option of a salary sacrifice if CTW is not possible.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Grant2307 wrote:
    I work for a a car dealership, so you would think with all the emissions etc they would be happy to promote green living? But I guess it's not one of their cars!

Then again I'm not a director or a car salesman so I have no power in my words ha.
    Not long ago I spoke to someone who worked at a local A--i dealer and said he'd like to buy a new bike on C2W. He was told categorically that they wouldn't do it as it was promoting bicycle i.e. that it was anti-car. Hilarious. He already cycled to work daily.

I mentally give them the finger every time I ride or drive past (it's on my way to work).

There is no car dealer in existence that wants to promote green living, only that you buy their cars.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Simon E wrote:
    Grant2307 wrote:

Not long ago I spoke to someone who worked at a local A--i dealer and said he'd like to buy a new bike on C2W. He was told categorically that they wouldn't do it as it was promoting bicycle i.e. that it was anti-car. Hilarious. He already cycled to work daily.

I mentally give them the finger every time I ride or drive past (it's on my way to work).

There is no car dealer in existence that wants to promote green living, only that you buy their cars.
    BMW make (well, sell) bikes http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owner ... pment.html
    I think they are marketed as a toy/accessory to go with your new car though rather than a serious mode of transport.
  • grant2307
    Well I work for a multi franchise company, but my particular brand don't appear to sell bikes. Brand being Nissan.

Fiat / Abarth had a few road bikes & MTB for sale previously but they were a few thousand... But they seemed to have disappeared from the website so can only assume no one purchased them.

In other news I never had an email back, however a friend I worked with is friends with said HR lady, he text her asking and she replied right away and said it's not something we do. Nice to know where I stand.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Did you really think a car dealership is going to want to promote cycling ? Maybe try a Skoda dealers. C2W Pinarellos?