New to me 2011 camber comp

Jono2200
Jono2200 Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in MTB beginners
Hello guys not sure this is the right place for this post but im definately a mtb beginner so hoping so... anyway i have just bought a second hand specialized comp and after reading a few reviews. I see it says the standard front forks arnt much good... so i was wondering should i upgrade or will they be good enough to keep on whilst i get a bit more experience on the bike. Ps not done any riding for over ten years. And never really did much before lol. So im about as much as a beginner as beginner can be lol. Planning on just doing a couple of light offshore rides until i get my fitness up a bit. Im hoping this will lead to a bit of lifestyle change. Anyway i drfting off topic a bit. Do i just enjoy as it is or save for some new forks?? Thanks guys

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ride it and see. BITD we didn't have suspension at all and managed to have fun.

But knowing what the forks are would help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Jono2200
    Stock rockshox recon?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There are a number of different Recon models. Silver/Gold. Air/coil. But they are generally decent forks that work properly.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Recon Silver Air should be fitted.
    As you say, you are an MTB beginner. Don't go changing things until you know you want to carry on riding and/or something breaks or wears out.
    I'm not sure what 'light offshore rides' means but if you are only going to be doing easy rides over fairly tame ground the Recons will be absolutely fine. It may be worth carrying out a lower leg service on the forks to ensure they are ok. It's easy to do and there are plenty of how-to guides on the web. Just search YouTube.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Jono2200
    Thank you guys.. yes i will keep as is for now. And uodate when i have more idea if im going to get into it a bit more.