Cult wheel bearings ?

meds6974
meds6974 Posts: 28
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Iam anout to purchase a set of campy bullet 50 wheels . A friend of a friend has just got a set of bullet ultras ! He cant stop saying how good they are and how great the cult bearings are . Theyre roughly £300 dearer ! Do they warrant this ? Are they so much better than the standard bullet 50s ? Anyone have an informed view ?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    When he says that the bearings are great, is he judging that by how much they spin when he flicks the wheels with a finger?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    That of ceramic bearings is just a cult...
    left the forum March 2023
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I can't see the point in Bullet Ultra 50s when for similar money you can buy some Bora One 50s which are much better and are probably about best in class factory builts for that money.

Your mate can't possibly be experiencing the bearings in any relevant way to be raving about them by the way. As above he's probably spinning them or turning the wheels in his hand which is a measure of sod all.

Oh, I have a set of Eurus here and Shamal Ultra, main difference the cult bearings in the Shamals, there is nothing at all to tell the wheels apart when riding. Spinning by hand I haven't tried comparing as I've got a brain.