Random....What's the advertisement of the dad riding at 2am?

burnthesheep
burnthesheep Posts: 675
edited June 2017 in The cake stop
Been looking for it, seen it before as a commercial before a youtube GCN show.

It's a commercial of a busy dad who wakes up in the middle of the night to be able to have time to go ride. He goes around his empty city in the night then comes to climb back in bed with his wife at the end.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062

It's a commercial of a busy dad who wakes up in the middle of the night to be able to have time to go ride. He goes around his empty city in the night then comes to climb back in bed with his wife at the end.

No mate, you've been dreaming... it was in fact Elvis Costello's dad pinching some lemonade from the fridge.... cue the song ...now you cant get it out of your head for rest of the day.
  • burnthesheep
    JGSI wrote:

No mate, you've been dreaming... it was in fact Elvis Costello's dad pinching some lemonade from the fridge.... cue the song ...now you cant get it out of your head for rest of the day.

LOL! That's a throwback commercial.

I love older commercials that remind me of good times, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnXArm-NViI
    Classic Coke vs. Pepsi tv advertisement.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Don't know that one but the "Rapha Calling" vid on youtube has a hottie going out for a ride before dawn. Inspiring on more than one level.
  • burnthesheep
    That was basically it, but with a guy that's a dad sneaking out of bed from 2am to 4am or something.

Probably was Rapha. Cruised youtube after you posted that one about the ladies but couldn't find it.

Anyway, it gave me the idea when I saw it to plan a local midnight ride to bomb some crap roads you always want to but can't between the hours of 530a and 10p. We have a local cycling brewery open that late also, that would be a must stop. :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I'm intrigued. I Googled and Youtubed all sorts of variations and... nada.

Any more detail OP?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Harry182 wrote:
    Don't know that one but the "Rapha Calling" vid on youtube has a hottie going out for a ride before dawn. Inspiring on more than one level.

That one is here.

https://vimeo.com/128858531

It's about a crazy woman who goes out at night with no flicking lights!

The older I get, the better I was.

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605

I remember that ..... for the life of me I cant remember what its for though
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Harry182 wrote:

That one is here.

https://vimeo.com/128858531

It's about a crazy woman who goes out at night with no ******* lights!

With no less than 19 plugs of the Rapha logo, never mind the spoken or write over one's.
    Her '...hands and feet are cold...". Well, I won't buy Rapha stuff then - it must be shyte.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!