monday with extra neutrons in the espresso

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, but wondering if it's going to be warm enough in the sun to be worth bunking off

pick up the fruits of some more online shopping from waitrose, john lewis click & collect is even faster than amazon, also need to stock up on tawny port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunny but cooler , off work for a couple of weeks, hopefully will catch up on some gardening, and cycling but no necessarily in that order
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another sunny day in paradise, not bad in Hanworth either. Managed a nice wobble in to work at least. Hopefully not much going on in the office today, customers will probably put paid to that. Think I'll just try to keep my head down.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Painful start to the day ...... back on the "normal" eating again after a week of binging ... I am crying out for the heavenly delights of a biscuit right now ..... just found myself absent mindedly eating out of the dried milk tub .... its quite nice to be fair, but hampering my efforts
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Day 4 - much better night than Sunday night which saw as heading for a CT scan at 5.15 am after no sleep (some poor chap coming out who looked like he'd been in a car crash). All good though. Slept well last night and Eve in good spirits. Still early days.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Meh. Grass cutting me. Tomorrow is set to be the first day of the Monsoon so pedalling is out of the window unless indoor but I did want to do the tiling for the wood burner and dome other nondescript but necessary jobs.
    Coughing up lumpy stuff - it's frikkin June. Bloody Council and their cutbacks. It's been sh1t weather since the Brexit vote.

Keep yer chin up MRS. Did you get to watch any of Le Mans?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Slow start, the best way to begin a Monday is to sleep in until 8.45am. 8)

Visit to the physio this afternoon resulted in a fair bit of sadism (on his part), but with promises of "it will all feel better in the morning". Yeah, sure.

Large whisky pre-dinner done. Shiraz open for the main course. Maybe a walk later if not too pi$$ed.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pinno wrote:

Keep yer chin up MRS. Did you get to watch any of Le Mans?

I'm all good, thanks. Very content with progress, as are the docs. They were surprised to see her up out of bed this morning.

Le Mans I don't think makes especially good TV viewing. I did watch the incredible (in several senses of the word) Baku GP - bizarre but fun viewing.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dull weekend, pedalled Saturday scrubbed all the cogs an realigned my gears Sunday bloody SRAM Yaw mechs.

Good news MRS good shes up an about.

Lemans I had an interesting view friend does the composites on the Jota LMP2 cars so some fun updates and photos.

Baku was carnage very strange race but good not to see the usual's dominating.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great news MRS

Was indeed a good GP

Today is the joys of a long commute and I've got a feeling later will be putting up curtain poles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Well, survived with only 4 chainring bolts, not even any creaking, but got a new one from the shop downstairs, which I'll fit before I leave. Buying a new chainring seems fraught with potential errors. Bought one - not the right sort. Need to get one for a hidden bolt chainset. Which seems to mean I can't get stronglight or similar generic ring. Fcking sram. Luckily I realised when taking off the worn one, and just gave the whole lot a good clean and cleaned and greased the bolts, which seem to be made of cheese, and put it all back together again.

Crossword too easy today. Lunch eaten already. Nothing except the ride home to look forward to.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well, survived with only 4 chainring bolts, not even any creaking, but got a new one from the shop downstairs, which I'll fit before I leave. Buying a new chainring seems fraught with potential errors. Bought one - not the right sort. Need to get one for a hidden bolt chainset. Which seems to mean I can't get stronglight or similar generic ring. ******* sram. Luckily I realised when taking off the worn one, and just gave the whole lot a good clean and cleaned and greased the bolts, which seem to be made of cheese, and put it all back together again.

Crossword too easy today. Lunch eaten already. Nothing except the ride home to look forward to.

I feel your pain on those hidden bolts, quite why its a thing is beyond me I didn't even know till I went to change them. Changed mine out for some others which touch wood have not been of issue.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    depends on the model, but for non-integrated crank-spider, many sram cranksets use the same spline and three bolts arrangement to secure the spider to the crank

if that's what you've got, then you can fit a non-hidden bolt spider instead
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    depends on the model, but for non-integrated crank-spider, many sram cranksets use the same spline and three bolts arrangement to secure the spider to the crank

if that's what you've got, then you can fit a non-hidden bolt spider instead

I think this is the answer sg.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Busy day today torturing numbers but on the way home now for a cold cider and some dog sitting as the girls are out.

Tomorrow I have to stop our head office in the Kingdom Of Far Far Away from dividend stripping us to within am inch of our lives. Not as interesting as it sounds...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not as interesting as it sounds...
    And it didn't even sound interesting.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just remember, you went for a beer with two tax anoraks last Thursday and pronounced it was a good evening out. We must more interesting that what you're used to :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The key bit he missed is that it will involve him in some way and he will get paid for that involvement.
    [and we're supposed to feel a bit of sympathy :roll: ].
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well....to.

I feel your pain on those hidden bolts, quite why its a thing is beyond me I didn't even know till I went to change them. Changed mine out for some others which touch wood have not been of issue.

Campag Record and Super Record are not much better. They are recessed too. Before you could get those KMC equivalents and chuck them in. The back of the KMC bolts are T25 Torq. The Campag one's have those shallow slots, which presumably takes a dedicated tool with a pin(?) in the middle. I got a large screwdriver and put it on the bench grinder.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The key bit he missed is that it will involve him in some way and he will get paid for that involvement.
    Maybe it's not a concept you're used to any more, but I do get paid for being at work :wink: No sympathy needed...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Maybe it's not a concept you're used to any more, but I do get paid for being at work :wink: No sympathy needed...

I'm getting used to it, don't waste your time unnecessarily worrying about me.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just remember, you went for a beer with two tax anoraks last Thursday and pronounced it was a good evening out. We must more interesting that what you're used to :)
    Thankfully you didn't talk shop, at least I don't think you did. I may have nodded off if you did.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm getting used to it, don't waste your time unnecessarily worrying about me.
    Don't worry, I don't :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thankfully you didn't talk shop, at least I don't think you did. I may have nodded off if you did.
    We waited until you went to get the beers as we knew it wouldn't be kind.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We waited until you went to get the beers as we knew it wouldn't be kind.
    It was a long wait then. :mrgreen:
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Where is the Tuesday thread ?????!!!?