Carbon mtb forks

jsisidore
jsisidore Posts: 123
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Right now I have a simple rigid steel fork.
I want more suspension and losing some weight would not hurt as well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/eXotic-Lightw ... lw7k6TBJiQ
Do these forks worth their price? Because that is a price of a new cheap full suspension bike lol.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably cheaper direct from Carboncycles.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&c=43&p=959

They make decent stuff.

And I think you are exaggerating about the price, unless by bike you mean BSO.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jsisidore
    Hmm "Disc Only Post Mount". I got sexy rim brakes. The two in one option is same price. I feel like I need an mtb fork though, mine is a road fork.

Yes I meant bso, I always wondered how they behave and how long they last. I imagine they are heavy and made from the cheapest components but then they have to comply with regulations.
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Why carbon? I personally would go for a Mosso fork went rigid 12 months ago and never look back...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1 for Mosso, lighter than many carbon (sub 800g) and a little more forgiving, good for light off road but not heavier duty stuff though as they aren't rigid enough.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jsisidore
    Hmm I like the price, what's so special about this particular brand?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It starts with an 'M'.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jsisidore
    cooldad wrote:
    It starts with an 'M'.
    Well played! M stands for M-azing and M-portant :lol:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just an all round good fork, light, inexpensive and well engineered, I had one on my commuter for 2 years and it's now on a mates bike.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.