Three Years Down and 14,000km!

seajays
seajays Posts: 331
edited July 2017 in Commuting chat
So after starting cycling to work three years ago (after not riding for 20 years), I've now passed my anniversary with almost (14,000km) and have managed to cycle my commute every single working day in the whole three years - rain, shine, snow or wind (and the occasional PF visit). Of course that means I can never stop as it would ruin my perfect record. :lol:

But having passed that milestone, I've also now got the go ahead from SWMBO to get a new bike! My first n+1 8)

So have ordered the Cannondale Tiagra CAADX. Had a test ride yesterday - boy is it a different ride from my hybrid (which will now become my official "Winter" bike). So excited. :mrgreen:

cannondale-caadx-head.jpg
She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.
Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
My Strava

Comments

• Oooh, she's a honey!

Congratulations on the milestone. :D
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Congratulations fella. I think I remember when you started.

Also... pretty bike
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Nice.

Don't think you'll need your hybrid in the winter with the discs and the clearance etc and you'll probably not want to go back to it after riding the CAAD for while!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Congrats - new bike looks great. You won't want to go back to the hybrid!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    elbowloh wrote:
    Nice.

Don't think you'll need your hybrid in the winter with the discs and the clearance etc and you'll probably not want to go back to it after riding the CAAD for while!

But she might get muddy! :lol::lol::lol:
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    well done mate, that's awesome
    FCN = 4
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    Congrats! Excellent effort Seajays, I remember you starting here back in the day!
    The reason I particularly remember you starting is that you got a revolution courier race disc, which was the bike I had at the time. After three years on that I hit 10,000miles and so bought my first proper road bike (a planet X London Road) - so my story is very similar to yours. My courier is now my child-transport-bike and winter bike (in that I leave the studded tyres on that one)

I know you're going to be enjoying your commute a whole lot more on the new bike, it's a mighty fine looking ride.
  • ManiaMuse
    ManiaMuse Posts: 89
    Nice new bike.

Just fit some mudguards to it for the winter and you have an all-year bike.