Best helmet for 120usd

jacobpeacock
jacobpeacock Posts: 66
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
What's the best helmet I can be for 120 usd max. Aero or non aero thanks.

Comments

• What's the best helmet I can get for 120 usd max. Aero or non aero thanks.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    The one that fits *your* head and actually meets or exceeds the standard demanded by law.

Since only you have a realistic chance of establishing the first, it's all moot.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They've all passed the tests. Comfort is key.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    cougie wrote:
    They all claim to have passed the tests... Would you like to put hand on heart and say that no changes have taken place in the manufacturing process since the certification? Or that the manufacturing partner hasn't taken an unauthorised shortcut?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You're obviously a glass half empty kind of guy.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    cougie wrote:
    They all claim to have passed the tests... Would you like to put hand on heart and say that no changes have taken place in the manufacturing process since the certification? Or that the manufacturing partner hasn't taken an unauthorised shortcut?

Bizarre. What do you do to your helmets then? Test them yourself and glue back together ?

I also assume that the pilots that fly me have passed their tests. I don't get onboard and start asking trick questions of them.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    cougie wrote:
    It must be a nightmare when you go to the doc's wondering if he or she just downloaded those certificates off the internet and never bothered with any medical training.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    cougie wrote:

WTF