BKool Simulator

Penno
Penno Posts: 26
I have just purchased the BKool simulator to work alongside the BKool Pro. Just finding my way around the site.
I can see routes, workout, velodrome etc. How do I get graphics of road rather than just the 2 dimensional outline of route which show inclines, declines.
I will complete FTP and hope that this have progressive plan?
Any other tips or advice will be much appreciated

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Schedule yourself a session (ride) say alpe d'huez which you do via the online site
    then open the app select your scheduled ride
    make sure your trainer and HR monitor are synced (need ANT+ dongle) I cant get bluetooth to sync
    when you start the ride on a computer the right and left arrows will toggle btw the options(video, 2d and 3d) the up and down arrows will make the number graphics bigger etc, you can find this under the dropdown menu "controls"
    perhaps not all the "rides" have video
    I am still on the free trial basis.
    search filter is a little flakey.
  • Penno
    FatTed wrote:
    Schedule yourself a session (ride) say alpe d'huez which you do via the online site
    then open the app select your scheduled ride
    make sure your trainer and HR monitor are synced (need ANT+ dongle) I cant get bluetooth to sync
    when you start the ride on a computer the right and left arrows will toggle btw the options(video, 2d and 3d) the up and down arrows will make the number graphics bigger etc, you can find this under the dropdown menu "controls"
    perhaps not all the "rides" have video
    I am still on the free trial basis.
    search filter is a little flakey.
    Thanks Ted. Similarly I am on the free trial and I will always pair my devices prior to any ride. I am using iPad and have the Wahoo Key. I will look out for options between video, 2d and 3D, also control menu.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I had a try with it today using the new iPad. It detected all my sensors and the Elite Kura's power meter, but when it came to doing a FTP test, it just kept looking for sensors. Seems it doesn't like Bluetooth. I had intended trying it with the Windows PC and ANT+ connection, but did a FTP test on Swift instead having got bored trying to get BKool to work.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Penno
    philthy3 wrote:
    I had a try with it today using the new iPad. It detected all my sensors and the Elite Kura's power meter, but when it came to doing a FTP test, it just kept looking for sensors. Seems it doesn't like Bluetooth. I had intended trying it with the Windows PC and ANT+ connection, but did a FTP test on Swift instead having got bored trying to get BKool to work.
    Oh right. I had intended to do the FTP test tonight. I have an iPad 3 so will see how it goes. May have to do Zwift then
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    On the cyclechat forum there's quite a big English speaking community which are very knowledgeable and helpful on all things bkool.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Penno
    TurboTommy wrote:
    On the cyclechat forum there's quite a big English speaking community which are very knowledgeable and helpful on all things bkool.
    Thanks Tommy. I will have a look
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I had a try with a desk top PC using Windows 10 and ANT+ connection. I gave up after it recorded mileage going backwards and was intermittent with detecting cadence, heart rate and power meter despite a USB extension putting the ANT+ dongle right underneath the bike. Zwift it is for me I'm afraid.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Big Ring VR should work well for you