sunday is beyond reason

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long ride, many espressos, and, i suspect, a veggie samosa with chilli sauce

followed by pineapple, much other eating, and probably nip out to waitrose to collect stuff at some point
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Household chores. Cleaned pool. Swept up a few weeks worth of leaves from driveway etc.

Said hello to the bikes. Maybe turn the wheels over on one tomorrow...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning or should I say evening, just finished work going to bed. Enjoy the day.

I know that feeling - starting my nightshifts tonight. Bought a new car yesterday , so after having a day out with grandchildren and then up all night sorting paperwork (urgh!), I'm just going to bed too.

Looking forward to a ride into work tonight on the tubeless tyres I just had fitted.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Feeking a bit lazy today

Managed to wear the hound out for now by taking him through the woods and left in him do all the running around and now having a sit down. May need to get suplies from Waitrose in a bit so no point makimg myself a coffee just yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    I'm sure you can get Vitamin A, C, Potassium and sugar from other fruits. Just 'cos this is getting a little tedious.
    Girls are fed and watered and playing outside with a modicum of cooperation. Cat's asleep on the bed after an all nighter. I'd like to put a little camera on him just to see what he get's up to. Perhaps not.
    Coffee and pills consumed in equal quantity. Coughed a lumpy thing up this morning - christ, you could have tripped over it. Must have a serious clean up of PPP and buy some new masks.

Might ride later if the OH finishes at a reasonable time.

I have pre TdF tension.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Tea has been drunk, coffee is on the go. Leisurely day today. Off to the Hanworth classic car show a little later. A very small event, but quite pleasant. It's in Bushy Park by the ice cream van. Then off to the 'rents for lunch, first time in ages as they've been away. Might manage a pint later.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm sure you can get Vitamin A, C, Potassium and sugar from other fruits. Just 'cos this is getting a little tedious.
    What's getting tedious?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    What's getting tedious?

SG's addiction to Pineapple. Keep up at the back.
  • sungod
    it's a phase, i'll switch to strawberries soon, but now that you've reminded me, i must have some pineapple, nom nom

cloudywindy ride, tower bridge decided to close just as i was nearing the barriers, umpteen road closures for events

better get the eurosport sub sorted out, then if the dull weather persists i can watch tdf all day, mrs s will moan, but i let her watch the snooker so fair's fair
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...tower bridge decided to close just as i was nearing the barriers...

Now that was a missed opportunity to get some 'air'.
  • sungod
    they could replace tower bridge with something more scenic...

IMGP3899.jpg
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Ah, The Pineapple near Falkirk. Who says all Scots are fruit and veg averse?
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    they could replace tower bridge with something more scenic...

That's a hell of a lot more tricky to bunny hop.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Drove past this the other week...

5102150-3x4-700x933.jpg

SG's spiritual home...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    xxxxxx2.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Googling the potential benefits of pineapple, there could be another reason for copious consumption of the stuff. Maybe Pinno is missing trick? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Who says all Scots are fruit and veg averse?
    14885.jpg
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    14885.jpg
    'Ere, where did you get my picture? You stalking me?

Edit. Actually that angle is quite flattering.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    14885.jpg
    'Ere, where did you get my picture? You stalking me?

Edit. Actually that angle is quite flattering.
    Just a lucky guess. Sounds better than 'Thin Bastard', which might be a more accurate description of some of our North of the border forumites :)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Googling the potential benefits of pineapple, there could be another reason for copious consumption of the stuff. Maybe Pinno is missing trick? :wink:

Are you referring to its amazing ability to totally foul up drug metabolism, or to make your - ahem - "emissions" taste different?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Are you referring to its amazing ability to totally foul up drug metabolism, or to make your - ahem - "emissions" taste different?
    I Have to admit I didn't see anything on the first one that you mentioned there. I was just trying to help Pinno reduce his reliance on his rather extensive 'arty' picture stash :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Slow start after a long night of ale and feck all sleep

Went for a decent run and then had the joys of shopping for house stuff and now chilling with the gp

Later is out for my old chaps birthday
  • sungod
    quick and dirty, but i knew it would be better, also took the opportunity tidy up the top of the shard

tbp.jpg
  • pinno
    ^ Interesting shed.

I think lots of people rely on my arty stash.
  • I keep reading 'stash' as 'tash' and wondering if Pinno is rocking awesome facial hair - Village people, or more modern?
  • pinno
    Tash?! 'kin 'ell. No YMCA tash on me mate. In fact, I have a distinct shortage of hair.
    I's be of the tribe 'slap 'ed'. Not everyone can acheive it.
    I don't even have to shave my legs - Chemo put paid to that. Pity it didn't sort my chin out, then i'd save all that time and faff shaving.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pity it didn't sort my chin out, then i'd save all that time and faff shaving.

Not sure which would be worse - the extreme PITA that is shaving everyday, or not getting the bemused reactions at work every year when I grow a beard over winter to 'keep my cheeks warm on the commute'. Although the latter does have the added downside of frequent comments from the wife.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Pity it didn't sort my chin out, then i'd save all that time and faff shaving.

Not sure which would be worse - the extreme PITA that is shaving everyday, or not getting the bemused reactions at work every year when I grow a beard over winter to 'keep my cheeks warm on the commute'. Although the latter does have the added downside of frequent comments from the wife.
    Surely it'd be easier to just wear some warmer shorts?
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

That presumes I wear shorts to begin with...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That presumes I wear shorts to begin with...
    Get thee to the Communting forum !
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Get thee to the Communting forum !

But... isn't this the Bottom Bracket? :oops: