Where's haydenm?

You want to talk jackets?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yup.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I have a Berghaus with a fleece liner. It's an excellent jacket for our inclement weather. Not waterproof though. For some serious kit: The North Face. I had a blue, quilted North Face jacket that I simply wore out.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    It was a very old Merc.
    Or possibly two halves of two very old Mercs given where you bought it.

It didn't go crab fashion. It was a wedding car. I had seen it on Auto trader and it started at £2k plus and slowly went down and down until I bit the bullet and parted with £650. Spent £3k on it over the next 6 years though.

e6bdbb2ebd683111c603d043fe4330a2.jpg
    There you go again showing the beast. That is lovely......
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It was lovely [sniff.. sobs...].

I did 4000 miles around Europe, over the Alps and Pyrenees in that thing. It was also a get away car in Le Cap Feret when I got to know the Hotelier's wife a little too well. She was 20 years his junior. He was an overweight Kraut.
    Then there was the time I played Taxi to a stunning mousy haired Madrilena. A pharmacist who wrote her car off and needed to get some confidential documents out of the mangled boot, back and forward to the scrappies insurance pound and the police station... Ran off with a Merchant Banker in the end. I had no chance.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Pinno wrote:
    I have a Berghaus with a fleece liner. It's an excellent jacket for our inclement weather. Not waterproof though. For some serious kit: The North Face. I had a blue, quilted North Face jacket that I simply wore out.

i've got a buffalo one, must be about twenty years old now, very light, but it's rarely cold enough to wear it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny