Katusha

DC1xpNQXkAEyl9S.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,226
    Zabel? Interesting.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Is Martin in the right jersey there ? I thought the TT one had a stopwatch logo going through the bands to donate it was the TT World Champ
  • laguna
    laguna Posts: 24
    Since the 2016 Cyclo-cross Worlds, the 'classic' jersey without symbols (previously reserved for the road race and paracycling road race) was assigned to all disciplines
  • sherer
    laguna wrote:
    Since the 2016 Cyclo-cross Worlds, the 'classic' jersey without symbols (previously reserved for the road race and paracycling road race) was assigned to all disciplines

I wasn't aware of that, must have not noticed it until now.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Katusha are building their Tour round Kristoff? I haven't been following the sport as closely recently do they have a GC man in there ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Katusha are building their Tour round Kristoff? I haven't been following the sport as closely recently do they have a GC man in there ?

No Spilak or Zakharin? Even Taaramae was looking pretty good. Seems a strange team - Tony Martin hasn't been winning GT Time Trials recently but he and Kristoff seem to be the focus; maybe the thinking is that no GC means Martin can really compete on TTs and rest of time Kristoff goes for sprint stages
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    sherer wrote:
    laguna wrote:

I wasn't aware of that, must have not noticed it until now.

Me neither. Cheers, laguna.

Who says the UCI hasn't progressed under Uncle Brian? :D
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • salsiccia1
    imatfaal wrote:

No Spilak or Zakharin? Even Taaramae was looking pretty good. Seems a strange team - Tony Martin hasn't been winning GT Time Trials recently but he and Kristoff seem to be the focus; maybe the thinking is that no GC means Martin can really compete on TTs and rest of time Kristoff goes for sprint stages

Spilak has previously said he's not interested in GTs, and Zakharin just did the Giro (Nairo he is not. Mind you, Nairo might not be Nairo either).
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:

Spilak has previously said he's not interested in GTs, and Zakharin just did the Giro (Nairo he is not. Mind you, Nairo might not be Nairo either).

:lol:

Kristoff at odds with da management, it seems. They're not taking Morkov for his leadouts and he's not 'appy
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Sky = Froome, Henao, Kiri, Knees, Kwia, Landa, Nieve, Rowe, Thomas
  • rick_chasey

Cheers RR.

I enjoy his blogs a lot - they're too sporadic for me to keep track of them, however.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    r0bh wrote:
    Sky = Froome, Henao, Kiri, Knees, Kwia, Landa, Nieve, Rowe, Thomas

Knees in for Stannard, by the looks of it. Stan not ridden that well (by his standards) all season, and been ill.

The whole Pete K 'will he be picked?' thing was strange for me - given I'm sure he's stated previously he didn't want to ride the TDF again after 2015 experience.

Froome will miss Poels but not bad replacements for him....
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    /\ Be interesting to see if Thomas has been able to carry his mountain form from earlier in the season
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Sky also likely to turn up to the Vuelta with a monster team: Poels, Rosa, Moscon, Stannard, Kennaugh, plus Henao underraced so far with Froome leading
  • RichN95.
    Sunweb

DC2TD7iWsAAgNII.jpg

(image from Procyclingstats.com)
  • bobmcstuff
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sky also likely to turn up to the Vuelta with a monster team: Poels, Rosa, Moscon, Stannard, Kennaugh, plus Henao underraced so far with Froome leading

So what's the consensus on Froome's form?

Part of me thinks he's deliberately timed his peak to come into he Dauphine slightly undercooked, in order to give himself a better chance in the Vuelta.
  • rick_chasey
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not as good as he was last year, but he's still the man who won 3 TdFs and has the strongest team.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not as good as he was last year, but he's still the man who won 3 TdFs and has the strongest team.

Yeah, that seems clear, I was just speculating as to why - either he's slightly off the ball because of his early season back issue, because he's slightly past it, or because he's done it on purpose to peak later. Or because his training just hasn't gone as well as last year for no specific reason.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Yeah, that seems clear, I was just speculating as to why - either he's slightly off the ball because of his early season back issue, because he's slightly past it, or because he's done it on purpose to peak later. Or because his training just hasn't gone as well as last year for no specific reason.

Are you suggesting that Froome is...finished?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2017
    Bicycle Manufacturing Company:

Caruso
    Porte
    Roche
    Van Avermaet
    Küng
    Wyss
    De Marchi
    Moinard
    Schär

Dennis will no doubt be having a tantrum somewhere (with good reason IMO)
  • sherer
    The_Boy wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Are you suggesting that Froome is...finished?

so's Cav too :D
  • rick_chasey
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Back problems.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I thought the plan for Froome was always to try and ride into form during the race rather than peak early in the second week and then hang on. He has won before but admitted that an extra few days and he would have been in trouble as he was on a downward curve whereas the odd key rival was on the way up. Hence, he has deliberately aimed to be in the tough area between freshness and form. Start the race in good enough form but without actually being at the peak. Not sure if that plan is going on track though but time will tell...
  • salsiccia1
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bicycle Manufacturing Company:

Caruso
    Porte
    Roche
    Van Avermaet
    Küng
    Wyss
    De Marchi
    Moinard
    Schär

Dennis will no doubt be having a tantrum somewhere (with good reason IMO)

His own decision:

https://twitter.com/RohanDennis/status/877884163982020608
  • what's the under/over on Landa throwing some shenanigans a la Vuelta 2015, esp as he's almost defo MOV-bound next year?
  • salsiccia1
    what's the under/over on Landa throwing some shenanigans a la Vuelta 2015, esp as he's almost defo MOV-bound next year?

I want Froome to win, but I'd like to see it just for the lols
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    what's the under/over on Landa throwing some shenanigans a la Vuelta 2015, esp as he's almost defo MOV-bound next year?

it would be lols and a certain symmetry
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

it would be lols and a certain symmetry

It would be even more satisfying if Landa made it stick