wednesday destroyer of worlds

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

hung, o'ver

wfh. no gym i think, what day is it etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No work today as it's the youngest rug rats sportsday

Think I may attempt a run and will avoid the pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely start to the day here, going out on the bike in about 1/2 hour, medical this afternoon with th company doctor
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Distracting wobble in to work this morning. Checked the forecast for Thursday and now have no excuse not to meet strange men. Unless V had invited more undesirables from commuting.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yes, cooling off tomorrow, which is good. No bites so far in commuting. Boss off today and tomorrow, so even more work avoidance than usual. Might nip out for a coffee and one of those cheese and ham croissants shortly. Nights are drawing in now.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    going out with work this evening, cant be dealing with a cycle home after eating too much, so rode the Triumph in to work instead.

Journey time = 15mins
    time riding around the underground carpark blipping the throttle and listening to the pops and gurgles = 10 mins :D

ok, so the motorbike is slower than the pushbike when you add on the childish behaviour
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Did the timekeeping at a time trial last night so got to see everyone's bikes close up. Looking at new bikes now.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Flying back to reality today,

The reality is Manchester

Manchester is a hole

Luckily I'll be passing through as quickly as possible
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bit weary after doing an airport run last night. Got in about 1am which is not unusual, but stone cold sober.
    Lovely morning for a ride, shame about the destination. So Seano managed to wobble in to work on what is going to be the hottest day yet, but moaned about the heat for sitting outside a pub. That thumb on his head is limiting his grey matter even further. No communters have bitten yet so you'd better think of another excuse. If you 'fess up and just admit you're not allowed out unsupervised I'll even buy you a pint. Or I would if you were allowed out. :-)
    Not sure if we are going to manage the pub wobble tonight, one of our number is dissenting. Sounds strangely familiar. If not we will just go to the local which is no bad thing.
    The office tea boy is off for a fortnight so have been making my own tea. This means I've only been averaging one cup a day and have been drinking more water. Coffee is still being drunk as I'd fall asleep without it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Jeezo. How do I fit today's chores in?! Landlord is coming later, so I thought I had better spruce the tip up a bit.
    He's not happy for all the right reasons - I had said that I didn't know how long we had here as we were planning to move at some point. So mentioned this and that and the other minor jobs in the house and he's plying me with money to cover the expense.
    Seems to know a lot about mortar for some reason unknown to me.

Better get my pinnie and marigold's on.

[Breaks into song]

"I want to break free..."

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, grey and drizzly here but it's still very warm. Meant to be going to embarrass myself climbing later but captain dog might sh1t himself if he is left at home in a thunderstorm. I'm the only one in the office today, a few things which have been hanging over my head have resolved themselves. Plus I have just been confirmed correct about the thing that started all this kerfuffle in the first place but my boss is away so I can't force him to admit it via an officious sounding email to head office. Lame. I'm feeling a bit better about my decision not to rage quit a few weeks ago, not sure if work is still making me ill or not though

The ENDURO bike took so much abuse on the weekend that I don't want to start investigating what is wrong with it, early indications suggest a ~£300 bill. Rear wheel, chain, chainring, BB, grips and potentially a new mech (not included in estimate because I don't want to think about it). Getting a bit worried as the 'photos' of my crashes haven't appeared on roots and rain (to be quietly ignored) so I'm starting to get a bit worried that they were in fact videoing me...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Hayd, do share when they release it.

Thistle, dangerous path, Eye on anything specific?

Fat Daddy, which triumph? Got my eye on a thruxton, just need a free weekend to sort and sneak onto the driveway.

Seano, look on the bright side MF isn't attending
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Fat Daddy, which triumph? Got my eye on a thruxton, just need a free weekend to sort and sneak onto the driveway.
    Bloke round the corner from me had a genuine Thruxton. As in 1960's ex-works race bike, it was a beautiful thing. He sold it to the motorcycle museum a few years back when they were replacing stock after the fire. Really should put mine back together one day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Did the timekeeping at a time trial last night so got to see everyone's bikes close up. Looking at new bikes now.

Always dangerous.

McNing, cooler today which was nice now in the airconned box so still cool. Guide dog is chilling as per very very quiet in the office not much work to do which is odd.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'd love an old one but I'd settle for the new one. Prefer the R version due to the forks. Couldn't care less about power etc. Pretty much every female in my life is against it though
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Flâneur wrote:
    Thistle, dangerous path, Eye on anything specific?
    Not really sure. My current TT/road/commuter/whatever bike is a 9 year old Merida, the pedals are seized into the cranks and it's been crashed more times than I can remember so anything new is going to be an improvement.

SRAM Red eTap looks nice, but I also want hydraulic discs. I also don't want to spend much on it so I'll probably end up going for something with a nice frame, with the new Tiagra groupset and just upgrade bits as they wear out.

I also want a new MTB.
  • seanoconn
    No drinking tonight V, save yourself.

Right serious business, who is likely to turn up first to the inaugural BB Annual, General, Meeting and at what time? I'm finishing work early I hope,but have enforced drinks after which I plan to ditch ( whether the ditching occurs before my round is purely coincidental)

First order of business.
    It has been proposed that all members of BB pay their annual £10 subscription fee immediately in order to pay for AGM expenses. Seconded?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Flâneur wrote:
    Hayd, do share when they release it.

Will do, they probably had enough footage from stage 3 to create an hour long crash real though so hopefully it's lost in the mix!
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    But it's Wednesday.
    Stevo reckons on getting there about 6.45, can't remember what time Hopper said but I think it was nearer to 6. I could get there by 5 but that probably isn't wise so will aim to be there a little after 6ish. If anybody wants to send subscriptions I'd be happy to stick the money behind the bar.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Flâneur wrote:
    Seano, look on the bright side MF isn't attending

At least that may reduce the arrests.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    But it's Wednesday.
    Stevo reckons on getting there about 6.45, can't remember what time Hopper said but I think it was nearer to 6. I could get there by 5 but that probably isn't wise so will aim to be there a little after 6ish. If anybody wants to send subscriptions I'd be happy to stick the money behind the bar.
    Can you pm your mobile number when you get chance.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    seanoconn wrote:

Right serious business, who is likely to turn up first to the inaugural BB Annual, General, Meeting and at what time? I'm finishing work early I hope,but have enforced drinks after which I plan to ditch ( whether the ditching occurs before my round is purely coincidental)

First order of business.
    It has been proposed that all members of BB pay their annual £10 subscription fee immediately in order to pay for AGM expenses. Seconded?
    We'll let you off then Seano :)

I'm leaving the office at 5.30 on the dot so with a non-fubarred tube and a following wind could be there for 6.30. Say 6.45 to allow for screw ups. Mine's a pint of the strongest cider on sale. Served cold. Will pay my subs on production of said cold pint on arrival (unless I get there first).

I have no idea what Seano or Hoppy look like so will need a description from you two to avoid asking randoms if they are the strangers off the internet that I've arranged to meet for a drink. (I look like a slightly weather beaten version of my avatar, so easy to spot). I'll also be wearing a suit so likely to be the odd one out.

Will PM my mobile shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    I'll be drinking beer and have a bicycle with me. Probably a green one, or a blue one. Could be a silver one or a black one though. I know Stevo and Hopper so that's easy, I expect Seano to look like this:
    MI-leprechaun-pot-of-gold.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    But it's Wednesday.

I'll leave my desk at 5. 10 minutes for changing and faffing around. 50-55 mins to Richmond Hill, depending on wind direction, looks like a block headwind tomorrow, which is a shi*tter.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll be drinking beer and have a bicycle with me. Probably a green one, or a blue one. Could be a silver one or a black one though. I know Stevo and Hopper so that's easy, I expect Seano to look like this:
    MI-leprechaun-pot-of-gold.jpg
    Not like Derek Zoolander then? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not like Derek Zoolander then? :)
    If he was wearing a green suit and hat possibly.
  • hopkinb
    I'll be wearing a fetching powder blue jersey and matching socks. Silver bike, slightly garish wheels. Stood next to V68, having a beer.
  • seanoconn
    I'm 2 foot 6 apparently and will be wearing a green suit carrying a pot of gold. Hopefully there's a table in the garden free.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Umm, lemme think. There was a cuppa tea to start the day, a stroll along beachfront a bit later to cafe. Stayed a while to watch morning surfers. Back to get into appropriate beach-wear, spent a lazy couple hours in sun and water. This was about as busy as it got.

34634887623_76e1a86260_k.jpg

Took a break for lunch and coffee. Back for a post-prandial snooze on the sand, and another dip. It's quite salty water, like a vast float tank. Awesome. Then off to dive in the hotel pool to wash the salt and sand off... just in time for aperitifs and bar snacks. Shortest day, winter and all that...

Dinner and some quality shiraz meant another walk. Here's the same beach at night from the other end.

35444666875_870812f152_k.jpg

Could get used to living here. Hmmmmmm
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    That's nice is that wheelspinner.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    That's nice is that wheelspinner.
    It's rather good this time of year for sure. That first pic... you can see the start of the long beach that is about 20 miles long. About 45 years ago, we spent a summer holiday camped on the far end of it for 2 weeks. Got driven up along the sand and dropped off, and they came back to get us two weeks later. Saw nobody else the entire time. Swam, surfed, fished, made fires on the beach, cooked what we caught... Probably the Best. Kid. Holiday. Ever.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS