Bulk buying self adhesive puncture repair patches?

joenobody
joenobody Posts: 563
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Through the acquisition of various repair kits I've been in possession of a number of self adhesive patches, but after repairing a few holed tubes recently (and also some kids' inflatable toys) I'm down to just one. My research suggests I can only buy them in relatively small numbers, and only in some sort of plastic container. I know ideally I wouldn't need too many, but I'd like to buy a few, perhaps as many as 20, and independent of any container as I have a couple I can reuse. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells patches in bulk?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    There was a good chap who sold the TT patches in bulk on ebay. I will try and dig out a reference somewhere. reasonable price and they arrived on the doorstop only a couple of days later. Just as well as I got through 6 patches fitting some superlight tubes onto a tubeless ready rim. Superlight? With the patches it bloody weighs more than a heavyweight!

Edit: I am sure it was this one
  • mtbjunkie08
    mtbjunkie08 Posts: 192
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    There was a good chap who sold the TT patches in bulk on ebay. I will try and dig out a reference somewhere. reasonable price and they arrived on the doorstop only a couple of days later. Just as well as I got through 6 patches fitting some superlight tubes onto a tubeless ready rim. Superlight? With the patches it bloody weighs more than a heavyweight!

Edit: I am sure it was this one

But these are'nt self-adhesive are they?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    err, nope. Just noticed that. FWIW, I would always recommend the glued patches for fixing things properly anyway. The self adhesive patches are very good for the side of the road but no substitute for doing it properly if time permits. The other thing to be wary about the adhesive patches is that the glue can degrade with time.
  • joenobody
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    The other thing to be wary about the adhesive patches is that the glue can degrade with time.
    Same could be said for glue in a tube though, no?
  • joenobody
    JoeNobody wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    The other thing to be wary about the adhesive patches is that the glue can degrade with time.
    Same could be said for glue in a tube though, no?
    Good shout for eBay though. Not sure why I'd not considered looking there. Seems to be a few options that might fit the bill :)