Shifter Help. I spec II compatibility

BOSSNUT.DAVE
BOSSNUT.DAVE Posts: 102
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Well I started off upgrading one bike, with parts from another, with the view of buying new on the other bike...how hard could that be?

I'm at the problem of having a 10 speed deore shifter, which needs a I-spec-b brake level, but I've inadvertently brought shimano deore XT brake lever with the I-spec-II mounting type. So I can't mount the 10 speed shifter.

Ive looked at wiggle and can see the type of mounting I need but it states it's an 11 speed shifter http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-deore-xt-m8000-right-hand-shifter-i-spec-ii/ , will this work on a 10 speed setup?

Or do you have a simpler answer. Thanks

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    The XT one won't work because it's 11 speed. This one will: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... prod148236
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    send the lever back and get the ispecb one
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    POAH wrote:
    send the lever back and get the ispecb one

Thought of that but they have no decent brakes in stock.
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    have found these instead though. just going to size them up to see if they will be in the right position.
    https://clee-cycles.co.uk/P20102/product
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It's only a few quid more for a 10-speed SLX M7000 i-spec II shifter. Buy one and you'll have a neater set up with the new brake levers and a better spec shifter.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    JBA wrote:
    It's only a few quid more for a 10-speed SLX M7000 i-spec II shifter. Buy one and you'll have a neater set up with the new brake levers and a better spec shifter.

Will the SLX M7000 Run a 10 Deore, silley question but I don't want to buy it if I then have to buy the rear mech as well.
    have you got a link to one, as I'm only seeing 11 speed I spec II.

Think I may have found a simple way around my problem, Buy a longer M4'? clamp bolt and simply slip my old 10 speed shifter over the longer thread (might need a thin bush) and then just clamp it on with a nut. test run seemed fine. Just need the longer blot and nut.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Will the SLX M7000 Run a 10 Deore, silley question but I don't want to buy it if I then have to buy the rear mech as well.

Yes, it will.

Have a look HERE.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    JBA wrote:

Yes, it will.

Have a look HERE.

DONE cheers.............. 3-4 days will be fine for this weather to cool down.
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    It's on and looks great, preforms great, shifting all 10 gears smoothly. Thanks

JBA wrote:

Yes, it will.

Have a look HERE.

DONE cheers.............. 3-4 days will be fine for this weather to cool down.