tuesday something is stirring in the void

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to t'office, all day meeting, ffs, i'll be ready to kill by lunchtime, probably earlier, actually before it even starts

plus side, chums from uae and nl in town, beers and dinner will follow
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    waaaah, hot in the house this morning .... out side however 5:30 is lovely, fresh, quiet .. hmmmmmmm

gonna be another hot sweaty day n the office though watching the aircon give up as the sun arcs round and burns a hole in the south side of this glass building ... poor aircon, it doesn't stand a chance
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler here today, something to do with the east wind
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning run was cool, one could even describe it as chilly. In the office, school run done, rugby on, just need to wash my cup and grab a coffee now.

5T skip sorted for the weekend, manual labour has become a good friend. Hopefully it is big enough
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Up early and in the office as normal for the time being, might have to dash off to go to the dentist shortly. This is assuming he hasn't pulled another sicky. Quite pleasant out, unfortunately I had to drive in due to the aforementioned visit to the dentist. I didn't want to ride back to Kingston and sit in the chair a sweaty mess. Air con in the office here can cope, fractionally too cold yesterday in fact. Warehouse was like an oven by way of contrast.
    So, is it only the 3 of us going to the Roebuck on Thursday? I should probably mention it to the communters? A couple of them might actually turn up. But as is the way with these things, not as many turn up as say they will. At least Seano had the decency to admit he's not allowed out with some blokes he met on the interweb.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, going to look at some trees in a bit, will be nice to get out of this bloody office and pretend I don't have phone signal.
  • I somehow get the feeling people don't like working in offices in this weather.

WFH, dossing and bike ride soon.

FAO TEAM47b, a cool 31 degrees today the high
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, re aircon news, site I'm at now is very over specced to the point we turned off a couple of them.
    attempted some manual labour last night an managed to naff up my wrist an I cant find the support I have for it, probably a blessing in this warm weather.

Weather cant make its mind up, its cloudy an hot weather reports say its clear so either I have an eye condition or they are telling lies. Also some of them reckon we are in for thunderstorms later. Can only hope.

Mena time, office, work, cold press coffee (because hipster) home beer an BBQ

(29c outside 19c inside)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice and cool in the office, everywhere else is a hellhole.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I thought the thread title was a reference to some previous sexual event in SG's life.

WTf is 'cold, pressed coffee'?

Seano is a wuss.

It's a fresh 18 to 20 degrees here. What's it like over there Gazza?

I will be pedalling today, then a bit of a run a around. I plan to wash the car. It's been a while and anyone with Toots will know why one would delay such trivial things as cleaning it and why it ends up life threatening if it isn't done sooner or later*.

*Apols to Hopkins B. Nah scrub that. You're deep in amongst mumsnet slayers.

Oh, did I say that Seano is a wuss? If I didn't, then - Seano is a wuss. Perhaps his Espadrilles aren't presentable. Maybe he's worried someone will puke on them and makes his feet iffy.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno, think French press but cold, basically that. Car washing reminds me I need to do mine couple of big dollops of bird droppings and a load of dead bees after flying through ha swarm the other week.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I plan to wash the car. It's been a while and anyone with Toots will know why one would delay such trivial things as cleaning it and why it ends up life threatening if it isn't done sooner or later*.

*Apols to Hopkins B. Nah scrub that. You're deep in amongst mumsnet slayers.

Not me guv. Hayden said summat about mumsnet. My car is fecking disgusting. Crumbs, sand, discarded food wrappers, clothes, shoes, plastic bags, toys, pay and display tickets, tissues, bags of compost. It's a disgrace. I'm doing nothing about it, see how bad it gets before some other fcuker actually does something about it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Pinno wrote:
    I thought the thread title was a reference to some previous sexual event in SG's life.

no, more a reference to the unknown, perhaps unknowable, n͡on̸-͢͡v̛̕ói̧͢d͞ seeping into existential angst, particularly in this meeting, t͠o͏̶̛ i̴͢͞n̵̛͢v̕͟͡o̸҉ké̡ ̨̢t͝h̡ȩ͠ ͟h̷͏͝i̛̕v̛͝͡e͠-̵̢͞mi̶̡n̛d r͢ep̧̧r̕e̛͞s͢͜e͘̕n̶̢̨t́̕i̷n͏g͘͢ ͡c͜͢҉ha̡͢͜o̢͝s̡͞, ̸̢i͏n̡̢͟v̸́o̢͞kiń̸̡g͡͡ ́͟t̵͡h̷͟͟e fe̷e͘l͜͞įn҉̶g ̶ó̵f̴̷́ ̵͘c͡h̷̕a͝͝o͘͏s,͟͟ ̧̀w͢͏̕i̸͠͠t̵̡h̛o̴͡u̡t͏ ͢o҉r̸͠d̸͏e̕r,̀͟ t̡ḩ́è ̀nez̶͘͞p̛͜er̨̧d̛ia̴͜n ̨͜͝h̶͟i̢͢ve̸͜-m̨i̢̛̕ń̡͜d͢ ̢͡ò̶́f͟͠ ͝c͏̢̧h́͜͏ao͜s҉,͘͡ ̷̸̨za͡l̡͞go,̛ ̡h͞e̶̢ ́͝w̵h͏ơ ͏w̡a̷̛it̡̀͞s̷͜ ͟b͘eh̶͘͜i͏͏n̡̧͠d͢ ͠th̷e̷͘͞ ͏w͘͜áll̴͟͝, ̢t̶́͞h͜͠e̵̕ ̕e̛͟͟nt҉͏i҉͟r͜͡e͏̸̵ ͏͡rơ͘o͘m ̷̧i͠s̶͞҉ fi̡l̴̨l͏e̶̴ḑ̵ ͢͝w̢it҉̴h̡ zá̛҉ĺg̨͘o̡̕͟

at least it's not sunny out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Not me guv. Hayden said summat about mumsnet. My car is ******* disgusting. Crumbs, sand, discarded food wrappers, clothes, shoes, plastic bags, toys, pay and display tickets, tissues, bags of compost. It's a disgrace. I'm doing nothing about it, see how bad it gets before some other fcuker actually does something about it.

That's ^ the style. Perhaps you, me and Flan can split that skip hire cost between us. We'll park up in the middle somewhere like Coventry and get the skip company to drop it off at the Lidl car park or find the nearest burnt out Ford Galaxy with an absent panoramic roof.
    Then a convoy to Leicester where the unemployed non UKIPPERS can do a hoovering job cheap. Next; up the M1 and turn left to the lake district where we'll park them in a river bed and wait a little for the wash cycle.

Job done.

How do you remove sticky stuff that's deep into the braiding of a rear seat belt?
    (I don't think Spinach will work T47).
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Not me guv. Hayden said summat about mumsnet. My car is ******* disgusting. Crumbs, sand, discarded food wrappers, clothes, shoes, plastic bags, toys, pay and display tickets, tissues, bags of compost. It's a disgrace. I'm doing nothing about it, see how bad it gets before some other fcuker actually does something about it.

That's ^ the style. Perhaps you, me and Flan can split that skip hire cost between us. We'll park up in the middle somewhere like Coventry and get the skip company to drop it off at the Lidl car park or find the nearest burnt out Ford Galaxy with an absent panoramic roof.
    Then a convoy to Leicester where the unemployed non UKIPPERS can do a hoovering job cheap. Next; up the M1 and turn left to the lake district where we'll park them in a river bed and wait a little for the wash cycle.

Job done.

How do you remove sticky stuff that's deep into the braiding of a rear seat belt?
    (I don't think Spinach will work T47).

I'm in, skip hire wasn't as much as I expected.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So, is it only the 3 of us going to the Roebuck on Thursday? I should probably mention it to the communters? A couple of them might actually turn up. But as is the way with these things, not as many turn up as say they will. At least Seano had the decency to admit he's not allowed out with some blokes he met on the interweb.
    'Fraid so unless you can get some ringers from the Communting zone.

It was a warm pedal in this morning and it's going to be a hot one headed back tonight - just to show some people that cycling to Richmond in nice weather is really easy. 33C forecast for tomorrow so wondering whether to give it a go tomorrow as well :)

On the work front I'm enjoying scaring people by asking them to transfer £800m of cash. I like big numbers myself. I did point out it all went in a big circle, but somehow it didn't calm them down. They'd be sort of people who would wimp out of a trip to the pub in warm weather :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I somehow get the feeling people don't like working in offices in this weather.

WFH, dossing and bike ride soon.

FAO TEAM47b, a cool 31 degrees today the high

Cold snap here...

31c outside at the moment 28c here in the cave, it will get hotter later but at least we know it will stop come October, although feels cool enough for a bike ride I have decided to go the cafe to meet friends for cold beer instead, I wouldn't wimp out on that, we will of course discuss cycling :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Exciting start to the day - message from Miss MRS that Mrs MRS had fainted on the ward corridor. All OK but we're now both looking like flaky parents :wink:

I'm back to reasonable shape so Nurse Dad is back on duty.

In better news, last chemo is finished - I don't want to tempt providence to say it's the last ever chemo but, if all goes to plan, it could be.

I wish I lived a more exciting life...

"May you live in interesting times"
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    All the best MRS. Hope the Mrs is ok and that it is indeed the last lot for young Miss MRS.
    Glad you're feeling better too.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    17 degrees. 20 degrees tomorrow, but meant to pee it down.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    ...20 degrees tomorrow, but meant to pee it down.

That's almost tropical.
  • hopkinb
    32 tomorrow here according to met office. Bit of a breeze at least.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm riding in again tomorrow. Nice day for it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    hope it is blazing, don't mind a quick storm.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Aye, me too. Though sideways sleet in February is also a nice day for it. Only drunkenness i.e. > 5 pints or being in Frankfurt keeps me off the bike. I did try the bike in Frankfurt, but was distracted by the Romanian hookers.
  • pinno
    edited June 2017
    "Aye" ?! Are you originally from sweatie land Hopkins?

I used to cycle around Stockholm. Every 20 yards was an accident black spot.

'..'kin 'ell, look at that...look, there's another one...'

Not hookers BTW.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Aye, me too. Though sideways sleet in February is also a nice day for it. Only drunkenness i.e. > 5 pints or being in Frankfurt keeps me off the bike. I did try the bike in Frankfurt, but was distracted by the Romanian hookers.
    Cycle into some lamp posts did you?

Out of interest, how do you know they were Romanian? :P
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    "Aye" ?! Are you originally from sweatie land Hopkins?
    Nope. Half Finnish, half English. Is aye solely a sweaty word? It just seems right to say aye sometimes. :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    > 5 pints - they could be of any denomination.
  • pinno
    I knew a Finnish girl called Petra Hamailainen. (Don't know how to get the accents, so that's verbatim TBH). She had platinum hair and very stark faint blue eyes. Stunning, other worldly.
    My then GF wouldn't let me go to her wedding. Green eyed I guess.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice ride into work considering the weekends exercise - the issue is that extra 10 miles to 80 is really too far

Bright side, wife sent me off to the local to meet up with some pals. Downside I now can't meet strange people in London on Thursday