Fitness Plan...

Blade180
Blade180 Posts: 70
Hi,

I have been road cycling casually for around 6 months.
Now I am looking for a solid progressive training plan to improve my CRE through cycling.
Any links to a good website for a training plan or tips would be appreciated.
Even personal advice.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Assuming by 'CRE' you mean 'aerobic endurance' - just ride your bike lots. Impossible to offer any meaningful training advice with the amount of information you have provided.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    British Cycling have training plans. Magazines regularly publish training plans. Bikeradar publish lots of training articles - http://www.bikeradar.com/tags/training/
    But for these to work you need a sense of purpose, a goal to train for, otherwise you're unlikely to stick at it

Laurynas is right, riding your bike is the key, especially for beginners.
    Mix it up - do some longer rides, some short rides, some hilly rides. Keep building the distance as your endurance improves.
    Use Strava or record the time it takes to ride a local loop or out-and-back.
    Join a club or find a group to ride with.
    Ride some midweek 10 mile time trials.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Ok, so.. after a few months you want the next step? You want cycling to take over your life?
    You probably need counselling over a few pints with hardened road men... but if you still want it all.. I do like an acronym.. like actually never heard of that one banded about.. any way..
    once yer in... there is NO going back.
    Probably will mean divorce in a few years .
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    ok... no divorce if you marry a triathlete
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    JGSI wrote:
    if you marry a triathlete

Ooooh harsh ! .... be nice