Amped Ant in rehab

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2017 in The cake stop
Ant McPartlin in rehab.

No problem there. Big money, big temptations etc. etc.
Guys done extremely well and deserves it all imo...

.... but whats all this crap about the 'first step' being admitting you have a problem, then saying a painful knee injury caused it all?

How did he get a knee injury? Playing golf?
Does bupa/best private healthcare not sort this out?

I have had a fcukoff painful leg/knee injury hardly helped by the NHS and Boots (good advice on BR though. Got some Antibiotic cream (yes it does exist) from states, and Duoderm patches from behind the counter (after kicking off) at Boots)) and still only have a part time Sam Miguel addiction.

Man up Ant FFS!
You are in rehab because A/ Your wealth allows it, and B/ Your wealth caused it.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Hot/cold - frozen peas/hot water bottle. Very underrated.

Whodafuck is Ant McPartlin anyway?

I don't like that 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here'. I don't like BGT or whatever it is. I don't like any of the cheesy programmes he and that other bloke produces.
    He wouldn't want me as his therapist.

Anyone watch Le Mans? It was fantastic. Does Carlton Kirby often commentate on motorsport?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Biker 'fookin' Grove ledgend!!!

'That other bloke'?

There are people who have never heard of Coca Cola and Mc Donalds that know his name is Dec.......man.
  • pinno
    Has he done anything for humanity, the environment or anything of real value and note?

I liked Biker grove but that was a while ago. Why doesn't he call himself Anthony? Is he still a frikkin teenager?

Sports news is on at the moment. Haven't female tennis players got fantastic legs?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Can anyone start a funding page so we can donate for him to be kept in there indefinitely?
  • Anonymous
    Pinno wrote:
    Has he done anything for humanity, the environment or anything of real value and note?

Oh, like illegal drug trade fueling Philip Seymour Hoffman did you mean?
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    Carbonator wrote:
    Ant McPartlin in rehab.

No problem there. Big money, big temptations etc. etc.
    Guys done extremely well and deserves it all imo...

.... but whats all this crap about the 'first step' being admitting you have a problem, then saying a painful knee injury caused it all?

How did he get a knee injury? Playing golf?
    Does bupa/best private healthcare not sort this out?

I have had a fcukoff painful leg/knee injury hardly helped by the NHS and Boots (good advice on BR though. Got some Antibiotic cream (yes it does exist) from states, and Duoderm patches from behind the counter (after kicking off) at Boots)) and still only have a part time Sam Miguel addiction.

Man up Ant FFS!
    You are in rehab because A/ Your wealth allows it, and B/ Your wealth caused it.

His wealth caused his golf injury?
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2017
    Not sure how he got a knee injury (which was not the cause of his addiction anyway), but yes, his wealth led to him playing golf I would think.
  • pinno
    edited June 2017
    Philip Seymour Hoffman had street cred. He was da man (who could get you stuff).

Let's start a petition. If we get 200,000(?) signatures, we can get parliament to discuss keeping Ant in for a prolonged period. It might have far reaching social benefits for the brain dead*.

*There's irony in there some where.

Don't top execs ride Treks and Pinarello Dogmas for their business meetings now? I hear it's the new Golf.
  • Anonymous
    Well I take my hat off to them.

Then again I like a few 'The Streets' tracks (lock down your aerial), and think Mike Skinner did well for himself.

You can dress celebs up in your own pretentious glamour and pomp, but its bums on seats that count at the end of the day.
  • pinno
    You can roll anything in glitter.

Billy Graham got 'bums on seats'. So did Adolf Hitler and 'Steps'.
  • Anonymous
    I don't think Hitler sold tickets and not sure which bums sat on which seats.
  • scott5
    scott5 Posts: 83
    Ant McPartlin in rehab.
    I dont care who he is but, Good for him, he obviously needs help.
    I missed Le Mans, but I hear a couple of Kiwi's did ok in it.
    Has he done anything for humanity? I guess he made a few people laugh so that's good enough for me.
    Haven't female tennis players got fantastic legs? - YES
    wealth doesn't cause injuries, but getting hit with a club can
    Philip Seymour Hoffman, I dont care who he is either, but seeing he was mentioned he must have done something for humanity
    Treks and Pinarello Dogma's are the new golfs, just listen for the click, it sounds just like a golf!!
    The Streets made bangers, not anthems
    You can roll anything in glitter I'm guessing a ball would roll quite well.
    I don't think Hitler sold tickets and not sure which bums sat on which seats. - could you imagine Hitler selling tickets to the cinema, that's a good place to put bums on seats
  • pinno
    Carbonator wrote:
    I don't think Hitler sold tickets...

He missed a unique marketing opportunity there.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Pinno wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:
    I don't think Hitler sold tickets...

He missed a unique marketing opportunity there.

TBF, he did leave behind a lot of very marketable memorabilia.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Injured ants get rescued after sending chemical SOS, researchers find.
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... chers-find
    Amazing what ants can do.
  • pinno
    FocusZing wrote:
    Injured ants get rescued after sending chemical SOS, researchers find.
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... chers-find
    Amazing what ants can do.

They missed the bit where they got him home, pulled his other legs off and barbecued him, served him up with a peppery wood louse sauce, all washed down with a deciduous vintage spring '17 leaf juice blend whilst watching A Bridge too Far.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I hope not! I was thinking more fully kitted out Ant hospitals where they can convalesce, discuss political issues and watch "celebrity get me out of here".