sunday in two dimensions on the cosmological horizon

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early 100k-ish with espressos, looks like it'll be a lovely warm start, it's what summer is for

bask if it's sunny, maybe a trip to waitrose to stock up on snacks, bubbly etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunny here, working this morning , hopefully riding later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sunny here but for once I don't care as I had enough of it yesterday!

Today is visit my grandparents as it's my grandads birthday and my old chap can't visit as he is in Le Mans

Later is apparently a few jobs but they will be simple ones as my body is broken
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Up slightly earlier than normal on account of last nights large Thai curry...

Another scorcher beckons so will be doing some sun dodging again. Need to acquire a strimmer for my next trip North to do some weed hacking but apart from that I'll be job dodging.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Sunny here too. :D

Have to go out by car today, think I'll take the one with air con, not the one with a built in conservatory :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    Sunny here too. :D

Have to go out by car today, think I'll take the one with air con, not the one with a built in conservatory :D

Windows down, system up.

*Except when its too warm
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sunny here too.

I has been watching Le Mans. What does your mate look like TLW? I'll look out for him. Watched till 1 am. Totally fascinating. Quite a lot of yellow sections but the new system is better than the concertinaed effect under the safety car. Hopefully get to see the last couple of hours between toots duties.

Last day of the Tour de Suisse headlessness today. It's been a bit of a mad tour so far.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lunch in my "honour" later. Dog walk this morning was super, loads of scantily dressed women fussing over my hound. Well, 3 women on 2 separate occasions. Bike tinkering later unless it's too hot, in which case I'll just turn the hose on it, clean the chain and re-lube.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    ride ridden, scraped off most of the creepycrawlyflyingthings that splattered over me, managed to spit a few others out

lots of lovelies out on bikes or strolling, neither lot wearing much, summer just gets better

veggie samosa and chilli sauce, nom, following up with pineapple, nom nom

almost time to lay in the sun and enjoy cold drinks and more food
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dog walk this morning was super, loads of scantily dressed women fussing over my hound. Well, 3 women on 2 separate occasions.
    Hounds are great conversation starters aren't they :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Eat them SG, good source of Protein. Some are crunchy, some have soft middle's, some wriggle a bit...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Slower start than usual even for me. Croissants and pastries delivered by my angelic children. Ok, that last bit may be stretching the truth a little. Lazy day with much lounging and a couple of beers planned. Really need a mutt to complete the picture.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Really need a mutt to complete the picture.
    I misread that first time round :)
  • pinno
    Lost Shorty at a summer fete. As soon as word got round, there were dozens of people looking for her. She did the clever thing and went back in the direction of the car but lost her way. No more heart-in-the-mouth moments please. Took 30 minutes to find her.

Watched the last half hour of Le Mans. Aston Martin pipped Corvette on the last lap in the GTE class. Poetic.

Laters.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Lost Shorty at a summer fete. As soon as word got round, there were dozens of people looking for her. She did the clever thing and went back in the direction of the car but lost her way. No more heart-in-the-mouth moments please. Took 30 minutes to find her.
    Phew. Pleased she was safe and sound. 30 mins? Sh!t that's a long time with a lost kiddie.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Phew. Pleased she was safe and sound. 30 mins? Sh!t that's a long time with a lost kiddie.

Yep, the benefits of living in a small community. It was a neighbour of a neighbour who brought her back to the area where the fete was happening. Of all the places in the areas and all of the days, that was a good one to go AWOL. Place was teeming with teachers and teaching assistants as it was a school fund raising fete and many of them knew her, sending out their own on a search.
    Of the two, I fully expect Tricky to go missing but it was shorty blinded by the inflatable slide and all the goings on.
    She said "I'll never run away again...". We'll see. :roll:
    4 year old's eh? Cut 4 years off my life in 30 minutes.

Might pedal later - purely for therapeutic reasons of course. Might get the sound of Le Mans out of my ears too.
    Carlton Kirby was one of the commentators. Work that one out.
  • hopkinb
    Aww man, just 4 years old? I can only imagine the relief when you got her back. Enjoy therapeutic pedal.
  • Stevo_666
    Proper heart in mouth stuff. Especially when they grass you up to the wife :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Bad parenting, poor little kiddy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yep, the benefits of living in a small community. It was a neighbour of a neighbour who brought her back to the area where the fete was happening. Of all the places in the areas and all of the days, that was a good one to go AWOL. Place was teeming with teachers and teaching assistants as it was a school fund raising fete and many of them knew her, sending out their own on a search.
    Of the two, I fully expect Tricky to go missing but it was shorty blinded by the inflatable slide and all the goings on.
    She said "I'll never run away again...". We'll see. :roll:
    4 year old's eh? Cut 4 years off my life in 30 minutes.

Might pedal later - purely for therapeutic reasons of course. Might get the sound of Le Mans out of my ears too.
    Carlton Kirby was one of the commentators. Work that one out.

My daughter " I love you dad"

Me. "That's the sort of love which is going to kill me"
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Bad parenting, poor little kiddy.
    Stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean Seano :D
  • veronese68
    Just saw a neighbour that had been watching Le Mans, but was there. He watched the end of the race and was home shortly after 9 having driven via Calais. I don't think he stuck to all the speed limits.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just saw a neighbour that had been watching Le Mans, but was there. He watched the end of the race and was home shortly after 9 having driven via Calais. I don't think he stuck to all the speed limits.

To be fair, that's 7 hours to get to London what with the time difference. What makes that extra quick is the amount of traffic you have to navigate to get out of the place. I know as I was there in '94. Utter chaos. We took the slow boat from Caen though.
    269 miles from Le Mans to Calais !! Maybe there will be some French correspondence in the post for him in the next few days.

@Slowmart: Precisely.
    @Seano: You do know that you are a c*nt.
    @Stevo: There was no hiding this one and with all the staff from various schools there, it would have been impossible to keep a lid on it. Besides, Shorty isn't known for her discretion.

Tricky (6 years old) kept a continuous public enquiry into the event right up until bedtime. It might continue tomorrow. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2017
    Pinno wrote:
    @Seano: You do know that you are a c*nt.
    I think we need to have a whip round and buy Seano a Babycham on Thursday :D
  • pinno
    You watch, he'll turn up in a pair of shorts wearing Espadrilles and lecturing you lot on the merits of a healthy life style.
    I reckon he's actually a Quinoa salesman.
  • Stevo_666
    We'll find out on Thursday :)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    @ Pinno. Losing nippers.

Been there and done that. Youngest was a bugger for wandering off. We usually saw him go and ended up following him, but I remember once in a garden centre we suddenly noticed he was missing. There were three adults in the party that day, two of us RAN for the exits, leaving the third to look, it was so organised you'd think we'd planned it :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    Yes Sloggy - you need quick thinking adults. When you get the dull, apathetic glazed expression or '...i'm sure it will be all right...", you want to wring a neck or two.
    My gut instinct was right in the end - head back towards the car.
  • veronese68
    Once lost the lad in an HMV shop. I picked up a CD to look at, looked down again and he'd gone. Had a quick look and couldn't see him so asked the guy on the door to keep an eye. He was straight on the radio and had the whole shop staff on the lookout. 5 minutes later there he was. Turned out he'd ducked under the racking and was running up and down in the void under there. Great fun for him, not so much for me.
    Pesky kids.