saturday surfing the wavefunction of eternity

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

hoping for a warm start, it's just not hot enough, weather forecast is always "sunnyhot tomorrow", but fails to deliver

early espresso, hill repeats, espresso and a choc, rp laps, maybe brekkie two at the regents cafe, otherwise espresso and a samosa
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Really shoot sleep, less hours than I expect the knee exploding fun run to take today :(

Bright side, ale avoidance stops at the finish line
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sun is out here, working this morningycling this afternoon
    Have a good weekend
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:
    Really shoot sleep, less hours than I expect the knee exploding fun run to take today :(

Good luck with the exploding. And remember, it's fun :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    did a ride in my quickest time this morning ..... still had 30 mins before kiddy gets up so threw in a quick 1/2hr run as well

Mini biathlon done, justifies the pink donuts for breakfast !
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Wakey wakey Fat Daddy, it's time to get up.

Hill repeats in London?! I suppose there is a slight rise up to Kentish Town that you could exploit.

First decent day for a while today. Me on Toots duties today me. Managed to get a pedal in yesterday and finish the grass off which means it isn't staring at me saying "...ha ha, i'm going to be a meadow with brambles and snakes at this rate."
    What's it like over there Gazza?

MRS has been quiet for a couple of days. I hope everything is okay his end. The next 3 weeks are critical.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Tea has been drunk, coffee next. Not much planned for today, need to check on the 'rents house and make sure their car starts. Unfortunately failed the MOT yesterday, need to do a spot of welding, that's dull. First failure I've ever had from them. Need to find a place that does mail order MOTs.
    Hoping MRS is quiet because he has been busy with other things rather than just hanging around the hospital.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It's warm. Bike ride and grass cutting beckons
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pinno wrote:
    MRS has been quiet for a couple of days. I hope everything is okay his end. The next 3 weeks are critical.

All OK, thanks. I don't want to keep reporting because this thread is mostly light-hearted. But I'll chip in from time-to-time.

Day -6: Eve is tolerating the chemo reasonably well. The stuff to knock out her lymphocytes was really tough on the first round but she did OK. People end up in ITU on it. She's currently taking about 15 different pills for breakfast - difficult because she now has a feeding tube (for later) that hasn't settled in yet. Not looking forward to this hot weather. The room is pressurised but not much control over the temperature.

In other news, we had an offer accepted on a house in England. It's a monument to 70's architecture (so much so, I'm worried it might be listed :wink: ) but has lots of potential. It's shelter - which is about the one requirement it needed to meet at this point.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dog walked on the common early to miss the worst of the heat. She's now lying under the table and looking glum. Mowing of the dandelion and moss patch and pressure washing of decking to look forward to. Might get to tinker with the bike later. Missus and sprog have disappeared to the gym, which has an outdoor pool. Missus is in a mood that I'm not a member despite my reasoning that I'm not paying >£1000 per annum for the 3 days a year when I could take the sprog to the outdoor pool.
  • fat daddy wrote:

Mini biathlon done, justifies the pink donuts for breakfast !

It's a slippery slope
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Hill repeats in London?! I suppose there is a slight rise up to Kentish Town that you could exploit.

kentish town is barely a slope

but highgate has some hillier roads, av. about 10%, just not very long though

sunny so far, could soon be time to ascend to the rooftop citadel with a range of snacks and some iced beverages
  • pinno
    fat daddy wrote:

...pink donuts for breakfast !

It's a slippery slope

That's another euphemism.

Anyway, bit too late for the warning about the slippery slope. If he was called thin Daddy, there might have been time to save him.

Tour De Suisse later. It's a bit of a free for all.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Its a scorcher here. I also took the hound out early and had to cool him down with a wet flannel when we got back: he's now passed out. Now enjoying a bit of Top Gear and a coffee until I summon up the energy to do some jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    God it's hot. Mowed the dandelions, now absolutely dripping. Apparently it's the jousting on Wimbledon common for me later. Hopefully there will be ale and comely wenches, but I'm not holding out much hope. More likely prosecco and red trousered types.
  • pinno
    I guess these sort of events are a magnet for Hipsters.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    What have you done wrong that you have to do jousting? Is it cycle jousting? Might look in on the way to my folks' gaff.
  • hopkinb
    Wimbledon village fair V68. There's a middle class bit with jousting and expensive bread, and a proper old fashioned fun fair too.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Cycle jousting would have been a good idea this morning with all those stray holiday makers crossing the road without looking :D

Normal warm day here, not a scorcher, it did drop to 30c at midnight so a cool night, i live near the coast so a bit cooler 38c at the moment, will warm up a bit this afternoon, went out on the bike this morning, good to get a breeze going, still like riding into a hairdryer though. Ran out of cold beer, may have to venture out again :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • hopkinb
    2 p.m. for the jousting. It's quite good, went last year, and also saw the same crew at Warwick castle.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Quick ride this morning, screwfix, salad, repointing the block paving I power cleaned yesterday. The joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    Wimbledon village fair V68. There's a middle class bit with jousting and expensive bread, and a proper old fashioned fun fair too.
    Just gone past the common. My God the crowds and the heat, no thank you. Pub garden with some shade me thinks.
  • sungod
    sticky afternoon basking on t'roof, but plenty of cold drinks to go with it

watched the flypast next door at brenda's, they made a long french flag with coloured smoke which i felt was a nice gesture to our european neighbours, though i do think flypasts with a vulcan were much better
  • pinno
    A very comfortable 23.5 deg here. No crowds. No white things going red in the sun but no beer.
  • team47b wrote:
    Cycle jousting would have been a good idea this morning with all those stray holiday makers crossing the road without looking :D

Normal warm day here, not a scorcher, it did drop to 30c at midnight so a cool night, i live near the coast so a bit cooler 38c at the moment, will warm up a bit this afternoon, went out on the bike this morning, good to get a breeze going, still like riding into a hairdryer though. Ran out of cold beer, may have to venture out again :D

Have you considered moving to the UK for summer? Its 27 degrees here today, about perfect cycling temperature
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    team47b wrote:

Have you considered moving to the UK for summer? Its 27 degrees here today, about perfect cycling temperature

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • hopkinb
    Jousting done. Ice cream done. Sprog eating pizza and talking on the walkie talkie to the Cuban kid next door. Dog sulking cos of the heat. Missus in the shower moaning about hayfever. I just cracked open some Lithuanian lager. It's cold and not vile.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It didn't explode (though my mates did) and despite the heat mile 24 was a decent time, shame most of the other weren't
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    team47b wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    He walked straight into that one didn't he :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It didn't explode (though my mates did) and despite the heat mile 24 was a decent time, shame most of the other weren't
    An impressive achievement at your age :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

An impressive achievement at your age :)
    A very commendable effort, top man.