Training advice please

Koala119
Koala119 Posts: 4
Hi all,
I have a 65 mile ride in the Alsace area of France this September. Have been cycling a couple of years and a, able to do 50 miles runs on the flat at around 15 mph average.

There are only two hills involved but the first is 25 miles long with ave grad of around 11%

Can anyone offer any training advice to ensure I complete the ride.
I'm not looking for a fast ride and am happy to plod on at my own speed so would think its stamina training rather then speed.i have a turbo trainer in the garage and am happy to look at diet as well as straight forward physical training.

Any advice would be appreciated to he,p make this ride a happy and successful one.

Thank

Comments

• sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    a 25mile climb averaging 11%? That seems long! Good luck
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    In Alsace?
  • Koala119
    Hi all
    Sets off from Ebershiem which is south of Stuggart
  • Koala119
    Sorry not Stuggart ,Strasbourg
  • Koala119 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have a 65 mile ride in the Alsace area of France this September. Have been cycling a couple of years and a, able to do 50 miles runs on the flat at around 15 mph average.

There are only two hills involved but the first is 25 miles long with ave grad of around 11%

Can anyone offer any training advice to ensure I complete the ride.
    I'm not looking for a fast ride and am happy to plod on at my own speed so would think its stamina training rather then speed.i have a turbo trainer in the garage and am happy to look at diet as well as straight forward physical training.

Any advice would be appreciated to he,p make this ride a happy and successful one.

Thank
    25-miles at 11% is a 4400 metre vertical gain, so the climb is either not that long and/or not that steep. There are only two mountains in western Europe that exceed that height above sea level in total, and no roads exist there with that much contiguous elevation gain.

As for training, I'm not sure what you are expecting from people here other than basic advice of ride more, gradually ramp up your training, include a mix of intensities and keep it fun. To be more specific requires more personal information than I'd suggest sharing publicly.