friday beyond the edge of time

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,492
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cafe, physio, cafe, bit of shopping, aaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnndddddd relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,848
    Badly planned work means Birmingham today.

Later is kit prep ready for tomorrow knee explosion
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,557
    More laziness, with brief walks in between. Not quite reached Holiday Brain Dead state yet but I'm working on it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    pleasant morning out, gym and some wfh out of the way, next is the cafe and read my inyt, will go for toast today i think
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,337
    Feeling a bit fuzzy round the edges after last nights session. Drinking with my old Uni mates is at least predicable :) I still managed to get up on time and chase the hound round the garden after he nicked on of my shoes.

Now on train into work ready for another day of delegation and megalomania.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,280
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and sunny as I've had to drive in today. MOT booked for midday, hopefully all will be well. Might be going to look at a car in Gravesend, that's not far from Stevo country so I'd better be careful. Pub with the Mrs later. Until then I will have to survive on tea and coffee. Thankfully no slate to lift on a hot and sunny day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,288
    Herro evelybody peeps

Bit dull here with the potential for...drizzle, I hope. Which means i'm off for a pedal. Been brain dead for longer than I can remember (there's irony in there).

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Top of the morning to you all. Boring boring paper shuffling with a view to asset shuffling. Weekend is approaching though, so not all doom and gloom. Crossword later. Sounds like a little mouse has taken residence somewhere in my bicycle, so hopefully I can use the latitude offered by Father's day to take bike apart and clean and oil everything that moves. If I take the rear derailleur off do I need some alignment tool in order to make sure I put it back on correctly? Though I might just put some chain lube on my pedals & cleats first, make sure it's not that..
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    If I take the rear derailleur off do I need some alignment tool in order to make sure I put it back on correctly?

as long as you don't bend the rd hanger (and it's not already bent) you don't need to re-align when removing/refitting the rd
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Going to try to leave early this afternoon despite saying that every friday for the last month and not. Need to pack for another weekend of racing/crashing. I've spent most of the week trying to make my bike work without creaking which will be nice. If you don't hear from me next week then I've crashed and I'm too injured to make it to work, fingers crossed
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    If I take the rear derailleur off do I need some alignment tool in order to make sure I put it back on correctly?

as long as you don't bend the rd hanger (and it's not already bent) you don't need to re-align when removing/refitting the rd
    Ta sungod..
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Weather's a bit grey, but dry. Went for walk in local forest with boy. Picking girl up from school in an hour. Then what?
  • Garry H wrote:
    Weather's a bit grey, but dry. Went for walk in local forest with boy. Picking girl up from school in an hour. Then what?

Is this a quiz?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    It's more of a puzzle.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Is VN sick?
    sungod wrote:
    [as long as you don't bend the rd hanger (and it's not already bent) you don't need to re-align when removing/refitting the rd

I see HopkinsB went to the same fettling school as Stevo and Seano :roll:
    Garry H wrote:

Get him to post something on here. We could do with a laugh and someone needs to raise the standard of wit and intelligence.

Started piddling down here. I'm peckish,
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Yay forests, which forest did you walk in?
  • pinno
    Must have been the Forest of Dithering and Pontification.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,337
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    [as long as you don't bend the rd hanger (and it's not already bent) you don't need to re-align when removing/refitting the rd

I know you get a bit shirty if I explain why I listened at school :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    well, i listened at school, but with massive spare intellectual capacity, dexterity and poise, can excel across the sciences, engineering, arts, shooting things, and the other stuff

except playing musical instruments, got put off that early by some harridan teacher, though my karaoke anarchy in the uk is indistinguishable from mr rotten's original vinyl release, perhaps due to similar degrees of the rage
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Get him to post something on here. We could do with a laugh and someone needs to raise the standard of wit and intelligence.

You're all poo poo heads!
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My brother is bigger than you and he's going to poke you in the eye.
  • sungod
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

now this is what i expect from bb

well constructed argument and riposte
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,941
    It's a bit late but I can finally say that summer is officially here.

I've just seen my first "sports science student wearing flip flops" this year.

The older I get, the better I was.

• hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Is VN sick?
    sungod wrote:

I can't go running to V68 every time my bike squeaks now can I? :roll:

I used to go to that school, but bought some basic tools and left. I am now in the first year of DIY school. I'll have it all off at the weekend, polish it, lube it and put it back. RD will then ping into spokes on first gear change, and ruin my wheel and send me flying under a bus. 1/10. :shock:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Working at the "new" site today great start as couldn't get in due to a double stabbing in the retail park next to it, clear sign I'm in a classy part of the world. Not long left an I can escape back to Suburbia huzzah!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,941
    hopkinb wrote:
    . RD will then ping into spokes on first gear change, and ruin my wheel and send me flying under a bus. 1/10. :shock:

You'd think that someone would have invented a way to stop that by now. Surely there's a market for a plastic disc thingy that fits onto the wheel just behind the biggest cog on the cassette?

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    edited June 2017
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can't go running to V68 every time my bike squeaks now can I? :roll:

Depends on certain factors:
    How pretty is his wife?
    Does he keep plenty of beer in the fridge?
    Is there satellite TV?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,379
    sungod wrote:
    well, i listened at school, but with massive spare intellectual capacity, dexterity and poise, can excel across the sciences, engineering, arts, shooting things, and the other stuff

except playing musical instruments, got put off that early by some harridan teacher, though my karaoke anarchy in the uk is indistinguishable from mr rotten's original vinyl release, perhaps due to similar degrees of the rage
    Yes but how were you at incendiaries? Found my exclusion letter from Wimbledon College the other day whilst looking for something else.

"Sean has started a number of fires recently and has been excluded until further notice."

It sounds worse than it was and no I was nowhere near North Kensington the other night.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    i set fire to the serpentine one night (no ducks, geese or swans were harmed in the making of this conflagration)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,379
    Setting fire to water! You're out of my league.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Capt Slog wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    . RD will then ping into spokes on first gear change, and ruin my wheel and send me flying under a bus. 1/10. :shock:

You'd think that someone would have invented a way to stop that by now. Surely there's a market for a plastic disc thingy that fits onto the wheel just behind the biggest cog on the cassette?

How does that disc stop an errant rear derailleur from knackering a wheel?