Bushido v BKool

Penno
Penno Posts: 26
I am thinking of getting a smart trainer and considering either Tacx Bushido or BKool Pro. My question is that as I already have a Cateye Stealth Evo 50 fitted to measure cadence, heart rate and speed would it be compatible and easily paired with either of the two trainers. I am not very technical with computers etc and wondered if I would have to remove the Cateye equipment and fit with those supplied by Tacx or BKool?

Comments

• Penno
    Further question regarding the two trainers. Is it best to have IPad or laptop to connect to relevant simulator programmes?
  • Asif Tufal
    Asif Tufal Posts: 109
    I've got the Bkool Pro and it easily detected my Garmin HR monitor and speed/cadence sensor. I run it on a laptop with a wireless internet connection. There's also a new smartphone app but I've not yet used it on my android phone.
  • Penno
    Many thanks for taking time to respond. I am looking for the best smart trainer within my budget and have been recommended the BKool and Bushido. Most importantly I need a trainer that is easy to set up, due to my lack of technical knowledge and that is compatible with my Cateye Evo. I have looked at this is ant website and see that the Tacx Bushido is compatible whereas the BKool is not. Therefore if I am correct I will need to buy a Wahoo stick for my iPad is I choose the BKool?
    Looking for any advice, which is much appreciated.
  • Asif Tufal
    Asif Tufal Posts: 109
    I had to buy an ANT dongle/stick and plug it into the USB port of my tablet PC. That way, the computer recognised the Bkool trainer and my Garmin HR monitor and cadence sensor.
  • Penno
    Asif Tufal wrote:
    I had to buy an ANT dongle/stick and plug it into the USB port of my tablet PC. That way, the computer recognised the Bkool trainer and my Garmin HR monitor and cadence sensor.
    I currently use an iPad and think I will need a Wahoo stick/key to correspond with trainer. After much deliberation the BKool sounds easier to set up than a Tacx.
  • Penno
    Penno wrote:
    Asif Tufal wrote:
    I currently use an iPad and think I will need a Wahoo stick/key to correspond with trainer. After much deliberation the BKool sounds easier to set up than a Tacx.
    Further, according to thisisant.com the BKool smart is listed as compatible with my Stealth Evo but not the Pro??