thursday not of this universe

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, espressos, bail early

couple of weeks ago i decided to set the standard for hawaiian shirts in gmc, today i shall unveil a new shirt

looking like a few days of summer may be in the offing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Another nice day out there and thankfully a chilled commute in - got to take it easy as we are on the final countdown to knee exploding exercise

Last night I ended up in the pub for the second night in a row and yet again I stuck to water - this won't happen next week
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Island hopping on a catamaran for the day. I expect to be hot.

What to eat will be the hardest decision of the day.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Slowmart wrote:

Enjoy slowmart, let us know what the big decision was.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    On the train into town feeling a bit tired. Looks like it's going to ba a warm one in The Big Smoke. Picking up mg new suit later than it's off out for wine, women and song. Or something like that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Last day in the sun today then back home to mayhem and salad.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, can't believe it's Thursday already. My line manager is away for 2 weeks so I have no sh1t umbrella from above, just going to try and work through my giant list and keep my head down
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Morning. Hot. Nowt to look forward to today except the ride home and seeing the nippers.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Disappointingly dreary day here. Tried a new cafe this morning for coffee, which was a monumental fail... worst cuppa w've had this year *and* two ditzy blond staff who thought their conversation was just so, like, y'know totes funny they had to share it with all and sundry. :roll:

At least lunch was good, and an extra extra large whisky this afternoon has further improved things.

Hope it's a beach day tomorrow - there's only so much family chit chat I can cope with...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and warm morning, so I had to drive in. Off at 4.30 to pick up the Mrs then going to see the boys A level photography exhibition. He's got his first 'proper' A level today, Maths I think. He seemed pretty calm and confident, well as much as you can be at 7am. Hopefully all will go well.
    Do we need to see a picture of SG's shirt? I think so. I need a new Hawaiian shirt, my last one got eaten by a dodgy washing machine on holiday a couple of years back. At least that's what the EPO told me.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, its warm as is the coffee, concerned/interested in SG's new shirt.

Does seem somewhat criminal were stuck in an office when the weathers this good.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Must get on with some work.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Slowmart wrote:

Curry. Nice hot mug of cha.

Went for a walk this morning, bit hot, left it a bit late so went to the cafe instead (does 250mtrs count as a walk?) :D

Back home, a friend just popped her head in the window and invited herself to lunch by first checking we had beer in the fridge, so I can already see how my afternoon is gonna shape up :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Orr made it to Sweden! :D I was about to curse sungod for letting me read such a miserable book but there's hope for everyone! :D apart from all the dead people.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    i didn't want to spoil the ending for you :)
  • sungod
    oh, and, jump!
  • pinno
    Walking 250 metres is further than I would want to walk.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Peeing it down over here.
  • Stevo_666
    Got my pay and bonus review with the CFO this afternoon. I'm off out to celebrate 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Hot.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Peeing it down over here.

Piddling down here intermittently just like in Switzerland. Good job i'm not a tetchy Canadian going downhill.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    You lucky buggers. Sweaty as my chamois after squeezing up the inside of 7 tipper trucks down here.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Hot.

Is that what you told Mum Lofty?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Hot.

You're going to get into trouble with the PC Policeman, Mr. La-de-da Gunner Pinno.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Hot.

You're going to get into trouble with the PC Policeman, Mr. La-de-da Gunner Pinno.

Good.

[Breaks into song]

"Land of hope and glory...twang,,,twing...clang..."