Oh Jesus help me!!!!

rouleur23
rouleur23 Posts: 175
edited June 2017 in Road general
Sorry for the dramatic title but I have a dilemma with my Garmin 705 Edge.
I was away for 10 days and using my iphone to upload day by day. Phone was dropped and ceased t work. No probs I thought as I will use the Garmin as back up and upload when I get home.
Last night as I tried to get the last 4 rides up to Strava they do not appear in my history file but they are on the Garmin device????? All 10 rides are there but I already uploaded 6 via the phone. I last used the Garmin at home on the 27 of May that is the last ride that shoes in the Strava history. But as I say, they are ALL on the device still.

Thanks for any pointers here

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    To be on the safe side, I suggest you upload to Garmin Connect to at least save the rides (you'll be able to import them from there in worst case). How were you uploading to Strava from your iPhone? Do you not just do that via Garmin Connect? So the rides are already saved in your Garmin account?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rouleur23
    rouleur23 Posts: 175
    To be on the safe side, I suggest you upload to Garmin Connect to at least save the rides (you'll be able to import them from there in worst case). How were you uploading to Strava from your iPhone? Do you not just do that via Garmin Connect? So the rides are already saved in your Garmin account?

Thanks for reply.

Re the ipone I just press 'stop' then 'save' and it uses the net to send it straight to my Strava account. The first 6 were already sent by the phone. Then I dropped it when hands were wet in rain! All 10 are on the Garmin but not in history when I open history. never seen it before after 8 years of use???? I do not use garmin connect as far as I know.

Paz
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Install Garmin Express onto you laptop, connected it to the internet and then plug your Garmin 705 into your laptop by a USB cable (doesn't have to be the original Garmin cable, any with the same connector works). Garmin Express will then sync any "new" rides automatically.
    If it doesn't sync. Save another route onto your Garmin, even 2 seconds long in your house and that will wake it up.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    oH jesus if its not on strava it didn't happen
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    To be honest I know how he feels, after one of the longest rides Ive ever done my Garmin had a wibble. You could have heard my scream the other side of Europe when I saw the activity disappear.
    "Just do it again? " It took me all day !
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Jesus hates Strava.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    cooldad wrote:
    Jesus hates Strava.

But God, himself, hates Garmin :wink::wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I think even an imaginary man in the sky cannot help you there.

If its not on Strava it didnt happen. You will have to ride them again.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    If the files exist and they aren't 0kb then they should be recoverable. I'd just copy them onto the computer hard drive and worry about how to get them onto Strava after. On the computer, you can open them in a text editor and see the data and then feel happy that there will be a solution - which is probably just to manually upload the files to Strava which is easy anyway.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    this is the saddest thread I have read all year.

Jesus sayeth get on your bike and ride it and throw that stuff away.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow