wednesday when the universe was young

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cafe, maybe take a basking break if it's sunny, bit more wfh, tapas

for cafe one, pain au chocolat or toast, that is the question
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Beach, dusty trails and my 20th wedding anniversary
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Congrats^

School run, bike ride, school run.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    lovely morning ... glorious morning .... awesome ride in without requiring a second early morning layer or my cap ..... shocking news though in London :shock:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Many congratulations Stillquickerthanmemart. Lovely ride in for me as well, shame about the destination. Horrible news as you say FD, one of my colleagues lives near there and could hear a lot of the commotion but hadn't realised what was going on until this morning. Grim.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Super weather for the ride in. Later is lunch with big 4 advisor in a private room in their fancy schmancy Mayfair entertainment building - always good grub and a glass or two of decent wine. Shame will have to endure work-related witterings, but as we all know, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Otherwise, paper shuffling this morning, then woozy paper shuffling this afternoon, then a very leisurely ride home later, hopefully still in the sunshine.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Change of plan today - started drinking at lunch instead of waiting till dinner.

This worked well.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Local commute for once, which was nice and as the weather is good so I used the steel bike

Later is yet another night of no drinking - Christ it's boring
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sports day beckons. Must go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Sun sun sun... lunch will need to be bought today instead of plucked from a self service cart.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McGroaning,

Congrats Slowmart, West London doesn't look very nice this morning at all.

Also being captain insensitive today I'm likely going to hell, conversation with a visually impaired chap after a news story about a van becoming stuck in a narrow lane and sat nav being to blame.

Matthew Some blind people follow their sat nav to walk... dangerous!

Stephen Others just follow domesticated animals...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    gym - yep, wfh - yep, cafe - yep, went for the choc, wfh -yep , cafe two -yep, savoury, now bunking off for a bask as it's sunny, before ending the wfh'ing day with a call with one of gmc's gmc punters, on track for tapa

it's not just about the planning, it's the execution
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Another day of crushing pressure and pernicious attitudes. Good good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    hopkinb wrote:
    Super weather for the ride in. Later is lunch with big 4 advisor in a private room in their fancy schmancy Mayfair entertainment building - always good grub and a glass or two of decent wine.
    I know who you're seeing as I'm due there in a couple of weeks for them to sell to me. Not a hope in hell as they're auditors but it's a free lunch :)

Ditto on the ride on - first day where there has been no hesitation about shorts n t-shirt to ride in on the morning. On the downside we've got another tax audit in France and they are total robbing bar stewards so lots of work for the locals and advisors to get ready for it - under my direction.

PS congrats to Slowie for surviving 20 years of married life. Married men live longer but apparently they're much more willing to die.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Ps 22 yrs currently for me and 2nd wife.

Cheat.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Married men live longer but apparently they're much more willing to die.

Now we understand the down hilling.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Transplant process starts today : Day -8 - conditions chemo and feeding tube.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno

Crunch time and then the long wait for a white blood count. Good luck.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    ...my 20th wedding anniversary

Congratulations or commiserations?
  • meanredspider
    Pinno wrote:

Crunch time and then the long wait for a white blood count. Good luck.

Thank you
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Hope all goes well for her, and the rest of you of course.
    Does she know a bunch of random men you 'met' on the internet are concerned about her?
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Does she know a bunch of random men you 'met' on the internet are concerned about her?

Thank you, V68. Yes - I think there are various groups of random folk who are - it's great how human lots of people are.
  • pinno
    When I had my transplant, a good friend of mine (who's only short coming was the fact he was religious) had organised a few prayer meetings for my benefit in Montpelier of all places.
    If there is any faint chance of some sort of divine influence, I have yet to thank a few of the good people of that French city for my survival.
    Funny old world.
    Now he resides in London and earns mega mega bucks as an IBM consultant.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This + 1000000
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Veronese68 wrote:

The only post on the entire forum that's unequivocally correct

Best wishes to you and your loved ones MRS
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • meanredspider
    Thank you, everybody. This stuff helps maintain my belief in humanity when so much recently causes me to question it.
  • pinno
    I think you're confused. We're definitely not 'humanity'.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    I think you're confused. We're definitely not 'humanity'.

Dregs and scrapings perhaps.

All the best MRS, all is crossed for your daughter, and of course you & the rest of your family.

I had some sad news yesterday. I got to know a guy here quite well as we both had kids with life limiting conditions, and they both went to the same hospice for respite care. He cycles to work, so I see him frequently, I hadn't seen him for a few days, and I found out yesterday that his son died last week. Unsure about the whys and hows, but it threw me into a bit of a tailspin.
  • veronese68
    Not surprised that put you in a spin, that's heartbreaking.
    On a very different note something rather surreal from earlier I thought worth sharing. Serge, the crazy old Russian from our warehouse asked a colleague if he had any criminal convictions. When the guy said yes Serge shrieks with pleasure and said "I know it, I love you" kissed him on the forehead and toddled off. Leaving us looking at each other wondering what had just happened.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Serge, the crazy old Russian from our warehouse asked a colleague if he had any criminal convictions. When the guy said yes Serge shrieks with pleasure and said "I know it, I love you" kissed him on the forehead and toddled off.

In my Gulag (that's apt), if you didn't have a record you were an outsider, a 'square peg'.
    I somehow bridged the gap. Some said the only reason I didn't have a criminal record was that I was 'lucky'. I couldn't argue with that.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Anybody watching the tour of switzerland?