ANT plus and Zwift

KevinA
KevinA Posts: 492
Hi Guys

I have a smart trainer and I use garmin vector power meter pedals - Both dont use bluetooth.

I have a Iphone 6s and was wondering is there an adaptor that I could use that I could plug into the Iphone and then be able to use zwift on my phone and for it to pick up readings/gradients etc?

Thanks

Comments

• KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    Hi

No thats not what I meant, I want to run Zwift on my phone and for it to be able to work with the power readings from the pedals and also the resistance to my trainer.

At the moment I use a Ant + dongle that goes into my laptop usb, I am wanting to know if there is an adaptor that I could connect my iphone and use the zwift app on my phone in the exact same way.
  • jimmurray
    jimmurray Posts: 130
    But that will do what you need. It takes your ant+ inputs and outputs them as Bluetooth that can be picked up by your iPhone. There was a dongle that fitted in the larger old style iPhone connector but don't think there is one that fits the newer iPhones.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    This is what you need. It's a lightening adapter to fit modern iPhones and connect the old 13 pin ANT+ dongle.

http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us ... nnectivity

You could even just try the lightening USB adapter if you already have an ANT+ dongle.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M ... ra-adapter
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    KevinA wrote:
    Hi

No thats not what I meant, I want to run Zwift on my phone and for it to be able to work with the power readings from the pedals and also the resistance to my trainer.

At the moment I use a Ant + dongle that goes into my laptop usb, I am wanting to know if there is an adaptor that I could connect my iphone and use the zwift app on my phone in the exact same way.

The 4iiii will work.

As will the WASP cable (google it)

However that will only be for power. You still need to connect your trainer via Bluetooth although you don't say wjt trainer you have.