edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off for a long ride, looks murky out

later i shall eat lots
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Woken by thunder at 7 then drifted back to the land of nod, forecast storms for the rest of the day here so a relaxed start, middle and end of the day.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In theory slept in a tent last night, in practice just lay in there

Today is the Shropshire highland challenge, so 65 muddy miles I imagine
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Enjoy.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, working at the moment, hope to get a flyer lets hope the sun stays out
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning

Blowy and wet her. Great if you're with lady but sh1t if you are simply in Scotland.

Soft play area then Circus. Going to be a busy one.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Away on "holidays" still. Long walk through national park along spectacular coastline, followed by a swim, some lunch and coffee on the beach and a snooze in the sun for a couple of hours. Ideal.

35103601511_16b53413c1_k.jpg

Another week of this. Wondering if I'll survive...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow morning has been enjoyed, now need to get on and do some jobs. Good night last night with 3 comedians performing at the lads school. Quite easy subjects for them to go on performing at a catholic school in middle class suburbia.
    Bit of bad news this morning as one of my Wednesday night lot has been admitted to hospital. He has prostate cancer that has spread, his bones are so weak he's broken his hip. Hopefully they'll manage to pin it and he'll be up and about soon.
    That looks glorious Spinner, not sure how you'll cope with more of that.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Painting walls finished off, trip to the dump done, walk with hound next, then painting skirting boards, then some booze. Not sure what yet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow morning has been enjoyed, now need to get on and do some jobs. Good night last night with 3 comedians performing at the lads school. Quite easy subjects for them to go on performing at a catholic school in middle class suburbia.
    Bit of bad news this morning as one of my Wednesday night lot has been admitted to hospital. He has prostate cancer that has spread, his bones are so weak he's broken his hip. Hopefully they'll manage to pin it and he'll be up and about soon.
    That looks glorious Spinner, not sure how you'll cope with more of that.
    That's crap news V68. There's far too much of that around.

I could cope with this place for a lot longer, provided I get to take my family home and leave us in peace...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Fixed the fridge, wobbled over to the 'rents and fed the fish. Now got the barbecue fired up and cooking burgers whilst drinking a cold beer. Nice way to end the day.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Looked at a lovely house to buy but it was too small
    Looked at a big house but it was too crammed in with other houses
    One house I was going to look at tomorrow sold on its first day on the market (yesterday)
    So I'm hoping tomorrow's only house works out.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Sorry to hear that V68, hope they can fix him quickly.

Been going full tilt all day house clearing and sorting with a mate. Furniture shifting, loft clearing, sorting loads of books, a few trips to the dump etc etc. Just got back from eating and drinking and now making a dent in the.drinks cabinet :)

More sorting and lots of driving tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]