Friday Fun

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
It is Friday, the fun may be real it may not. However I didn't have anything as abstract as normal

Friends over for dinner, a day of coffee. office phone will be muted.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Basking in sun and maybe a mtb up some duty fire roads to the highest point on the island .

Raise a glass to jezza for a well run campaign and it will be interesting to see how the media play this one.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

morning wfh with cafe breaks, but decided on a half day as motivation ran out early monday and i've been busking it since then

must check eurostar, think i should go to france and visit peeps of gmc's gmc customer, fancy a day trip and haven't had a decent tartare de boeuf for a while

i see the tories got stuffed, be good if it shook them up for the better, though i doubt it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Facebook feed is full of people claiming a victory - might need a cull

Working from home as I've got a load of catching up to do, so I might get a little run in first thought time is short

Later is undecided as decorating needs doing and I haven't drank all week - I think the later will win
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just final bits of packing then I'm outta Dodge City. Sun is shining though, so that's nice and Brother Jeremy and Sister Leanne are leading us to a new future.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    I may have to explains some basic maths to the cake stop leftiebollox brigade :)

And on a positive note I don't need to activate my emergency tax planning strategy today. So looks like its a normal day of work, then pack to head North tomorrow for some furniture shifting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    From both sides I suspect, I'd say the reality is more like everybody lost. Hopefully some good will come of it all though.
    More importantly, thank fark it's Fryday. Managed to wobble in to work on time, I wish I could mute my phone but business kind of relies on it quite a lot so I will be bothered lots. Off to the cafe later and then meeting the Mrs in the pub on the way home.
    Roll on the weekend.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    cunning-plan-weasel.jpg

Does this remind anyone of someone? :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Still reeling from an extra large b0llocking at work yesterday. Surprised May didn't even get a majority, would probably have been better for everyone if they'd just made the mark by a seat or two really. It wouldn't surprise me if we have another GE within two years
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, turned off facebook for the day, an the TV, spotify and a cunning script to basically block out anything on websites mentioning the thing that happened yesterday.
    Coffee, Lunch with a friend before she goes off to Le Mans to fix LMP1's home and beverages. Between those I'll do some random bits of work.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Spot of schadenfreude. Coffee. B&Q, sports day, conference call, wall preparation ahead of a weekend of decorating.
  • veronese68
    Did anyone see Lord Buckethead's manifesto? It's a work of genius, I think he should be PM.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did anyone see Lord Buckethead's manifesto? It's a work of genius, I think he should be PM.
    He's got my vote
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    want to save me clicking the link and stating the highlights? Hoping for free buckets
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:

Working from home as I've got a load of catching up to do, so I might get a little run in first thought time is short

Later is undecided as decorating needs doing and I haven't drank all week - I think the later will win

You've not long finished the place and you're already decorating?!

@Stevo: ROFL

Me pedalling today me but not until some sales bloke calls me from some company in Leeds. Deadline is looming and it's squeaky bum time. The one thing that we are universally good at is pi$$ poor communication. How fooking difficult is it to pick up a phone, even if it is to say that they are very busy and they'll 'look forward to speaking to you...[insert, time, date]'?
    W@nkers.

Pi$$ poor Britain.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Today? Now let me see........

Tomorrow, on the other hand, I'm heading to Goodwood race circuit to meet up with my classic Alfa Giulia buddies for a day of petrol and burning rubber and bacon rolls and coffee and much laughing possibly followed by beer and pies. Will catch up with Fearne Cotton's dad who is a proper diamond geezer - both him and Fearne have done loads to support my kids when they've had cancer. Lovely lovely people.

Sunday looking at houses to buy - life would get a bit boring overwise...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    want to save me clicking the link and stating the highlights? Hoping for free buckets
    This is it in it's entirety, some are actually sensible.
    MY 2017 MANIFESTO: Strong, not entirely stable, leadership

1. The abolition of the Lords (except me).

2. Full facial coverings to be kept legal, especially bucket-related headgear.

3. No third runway to be built at Heathrow: where we’re going we don’t need runways.

4. Ceefax to be brought back immediately, with The Oracle and other Teletext services to be rolled out by the next Parliament.

5. Regeneration of Nicholson’s Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.

6. Buckethead on Brexit: a referendum should be held about whether there should be a second referendum.

7. Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

8. Nationalisation of Adele: in order to maximise the efficient use of UK resources, the time is right for great British assets to be brought into public ownership for the common good. This is to be achieved through capital spending.

9. A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.

10. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.

11. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

12. Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.

13. Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Start buying lasers from Lord Buckethead.

14. Prospective MPs to live in the seat they wish to represent for at least five years before election, to improve local representation in Parliament.

15. Free bikes for everyone, to help combat obesity, traffic congestion and bike theft.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

You've not long finished the place and you're already decorating?!

Nowhere near finished!

Wife's currently getting kitchen quotes - got a feeling I'm not buying a new bike soon :(
  • veronese68
    Tomorrow, on the other hand, I'm heading to Goodwood race circuit to meet up with my classic Alfa Giulia buddies for a day of petrol and burning rubber and bacon rolls and coffee and much laughing possibly followed by beer and pies. Will catch up with Fearne Cotton's dad who is a proper diamond geezer - both him and Fearne have done loads to support my kids when they've had cancer. Lovely lovely people.
    Excellent, that's a proper day out. Did a track day there years ago in a Triumph Spitfire, it looked stock but put out about 130bhp and gave a few people a fright. Others stripped everything out of their cars, we were two up with loud music playing.
    Hope today and Sunday go well.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Excellent, that's a proper day out. Did a track day there years ago in a Triumph Spitfire, it looked stock but put out about 130bhp and gave a few people a fright. Others stripped everything out of their cars, we were two up with loud music playing.
    Hope today and Sunday go well.

Yes - it's a fab circuit - very very fast (though unforgiving). Shame my car is in Scotland and my engine in Suffolk still (I need someone to contact "Car SOS" for me :wink::lol: ) but I'm sure I can blag plenty of passenger rides. The induction noise on my car trips the drive-by noise meter on the pit straight which is a shame as blasting out of the chicane is very much fun.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Yes - it's a fab circuit - very very fast (though unforgiving). Shame my car is in Scotland and my engine in Suffolk still (I need someone to contact "Car SOS" for me :wink::lol: ) but I'm sure I can blag plenty of passenger rides. The induction noise on my car trips the drive-by noise meter on the pit straight which is a shame as blasting out of the chicane is very much fun.
    Indeed, I slightly overcooked it on a flat out kink and we were sideways at just over a ton. As I was trying to collect it my passenger looked across and said (shouted) "what the fcuk are you doing?"
    Your car is too good for Car SOS I should think and you would want to do it your way. I could ask for you they would probably like the back story. Don't think they are filming at the moment as my cousin is in Italy.
  • Flâneur
    You'll still get the new bike TWL. just nab the contractor on the way out.

I avoid all such areas in our house, I cry at the paint tin bill alone.

Enjoy the track for a few hours MRS
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Induction noise on mine was likened to that of a bus, high spooling low pressure turbo and a big intercooler (can anyone say turbo lag) I got done by the noise meter at Bedford aerodrome when the turbo dumps, why the meters set to 110db is beyond me.
    Anywho jealous of you going Goodwood MRS. how bigs your boot, I could smuggle myself in there I reckon.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, I slightly overcooked it on a flat out kink and we were sideways at just over a ton. As I was trying to collect it my passenger looked across and said (shouted) "what the fcuk are you doing?"
    Your car is too good for Car SOS I should think and you would want to do it your way. I could ask for you they would probably like the back story. Don't think they are filming at the moment as my cousin is in Italy.

Ha - reminds me of going around Donington in my car and I let a female friend drive - she lost the rear in the bend after the main straight and I reached across, grabbed the wheel, and corrected it for her (I was quite impressed with my passenger seat driving skills) - she was swearing like a fish wife. Then, at the old hairpin, she lost it completely and we were on the grass "Holy fcuk, <pant>, Holy fcuk....etc!". I'm a very calm passenger so I just said "Start the engine". It's all on video so I did a mix of her swearing - very funny.

I was only joking about the Car SOS thing, but thank you. You're absolutely right that I'd want to do it myself because I know every nut, bolt and weld in that car which really helps in the paddock. I know I'll be a bit frustrated tomorrow not to be able to drive it but needs must when the devil takes a dump in your coffe cup. It will be all the more sweet when I finally get racing again.
  • meanredspider
    Step83 wrote:
    Induction noise on mine was likened to that of a bus, high spooling low pressure turbo and a big intercooler (can anyone say turbo lag) I got done by the noise meter at Bedford aerodrome when the turbo dumps, why the meters set to 110db is beyond me.
    Anywho jealous of you going Goodwood MRS. how bigs your boot, I could smuggle myself in there I reckon.

It's just a track day. I think anybody can rock up to watch.
  • meanredspider
    From a few years ago (rocking the old Teenage Cancer Trust livery)

Goodwood.JPG
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    may at the podium, already lying (for the avoidance of doubt, that is provably, mathematically, unambiguously, absolutely)

muted the sound after that as when my employees behave like that i lose interest in them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    sungod wrote:
    may at the podium, already lying (for the avoidance of doubt, that is provably, mathematically, unambiguously, absolutely)

muted the sound after that as when my employees behave like that i lose interest in them

You are quite nice, I tend to shut the door on their face. And I have an open door policy.

What a person she is eh, relying on some people with (IMO) horrible values to keep some mirage of power
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Flâneur wrote:
    sungod wrote:

You are quite nice, I tend to shut the door on their face. And I have an open door policy.

What a person she is eh, relying on some people with (IMO) horrible values to keep some mirage of power
    A wins's a win. Tell that lot in Cake stop...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A wins's a win.
    Are you writing her meaningless soundbites? I preferred "No majority is better than a bad majority." :mrgreen:
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A wins's a win.
    Are you writing her meaningless soundbites? I preferred "No majority is better than a bad majority." :mrgreen:

It goes with "Brexit means Brexit" and, on terrorism, "Enough is enough"