Strange plastic shim thingy with Deda stem.

notamassifanbut
notamassifanbut Posts: 143
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
So - I just bought a lovely new Deda Superzero stem and this plastic 'thing' came in the box. Its not mentioned anywhere in the instructions and I can't find anything about it online.

Anyone got any ideas what it is??

20170607_125532_zpskzxhntd0.jpg

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Shim for narrow bars or steerer?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Is the stem one of those with a gap down the front ? Would that fit there ? For aesthetics maybe ?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Fenix wrote:
    Is the stem one of those with a gap down the front ? Would that fit there ? For aesthetics maybe ?
    That's what I thought
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    From Deda

"The D-Clip is a nylon insert specific for Superzero stem. The clip is intended to be used as accessory for an improved stem aerodynamics. Made in thermoplastic material fits only Deda Superzero stem."
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    improved aero dynamics ... dang, I want to know how much time that is going to save you

I have a superzero ... I could be going faster !!!
  • Sgt_Pepper wrote:
    From Deda

"The D-Clip is a nylon insert specific for Superzero stem. The clip is intended to be used as accessory for an improved stem aerodynamics. Made in thermoplastic material fits only Deda Superzero stem."

Thanks Sgt_Pepper. Question answered - although I'm not sure I like the look of it...

20170608_084558_zpsvkjnrr78.jpg
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Can't quite make out what Colnago that is, M10?
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • Matt_N wrote:
    Can't quite make out what Colnago that is, M10?

C59 :-)
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Apologies I couldn't make out the lugs.

I was only working on my FiL's C59 on the weekend too!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • Stop the World! I wanna get orf....
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Sgt_Pepper wrote:
    From Deda

Thanks Sgt_Pepper. Question answered - although I'm not sure I like the look of it...

20170608_084558_zpsvkjnrr78.jpg
    Are those cable better than Campag cables?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Difficult to say if the Nokon outer cables are better than campag - the shifting is certainly flawless. They came with the bike and are very nice although I wouldn't have chosen them over campag cables if I had built the bike.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Its a filler for the gap between the bolt bits of the stem, doubt it has anything to do with aero TBH, however you can get a nifty replacement that has a Di2 junction box holder attached to it which is neater than the band option.

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/43867/produc ... stems.aspx
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!