Election Predictions Please

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited June 2017 in The cake stop
Fool's errand but what do we think will happen tomorrow?

As detailed as you like.

I think the Tories will retain power but unimpressively.

I think SNP will lose seats, possibly to Tories and odd Lib Dem.

That's as far as I'll go.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• ...what do we think will happen tomorrow?

The sun will rise, my children will wake me up before my alarm and whoever passes the post first will still be facing a giant mess with little realistic chance of any significant improvement any time soon...

But I think there will be some surprise Tory losses leaving us with a difficult 'hung' parliament and stodgy progress on any coalition to say the least.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Huge Tory majority. Theresa May to declare that is the last election we will need for 20 years.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    A colleague reportedly managed to get odds of 20/1 on Theresa May still being PM. :?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    rjsterry wrote:
    A colleague reportedly managed to get odds of 20/1 on Theresa May still being PM. :?

20/1 'on'?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Increased Tory majority off the lowest turnout in history.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    rjsterry wrote:

20/1 'on'?

Yup, Ladbrokes. In the London newspapers too. Go figure...

Me, prediction is I'll wake up Friday and it may or may not rain.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Somebody will win, the others will lose.

The ones that win, will then go on to blame the current predicament on the ones that lost OR say that the current predicament is not getting worse under them as it would have done under those that lost OR not as bad as when the ones that lost were in power in some period between 1948-2016 (as if that makes it better)

The people who voted for those that win, will somehow think that they have won too, and celebrate as if they were supporting a football team. Then the light will slowly dawn that things are no better, they don't get a loyalty card for their vote and they are as shafted as if they voted for the ones that lost or just wiped their bum with the ballot paper.

The government will still run, the MPs will get paid and get a pension. For everyone else, this is doubtful, subject to change, whim, or wind direction.

The older I get, the better I was.

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    edited June 2017
    rjsterry wrote:

20/1 'on'?

Not sure; it did seem a little far fetched.
    Edit: Ah, someone paying more attention has confirmed. Do Ladbrokes know something?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    Conservative majority
  • big_harv
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

20/1 'on'?

Not sure; it did seem a little far fetched.

It's some promotion or other by Ladbrokes online. Perhaps they know something...
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    edited June 2017
    Corbyn to trump Trump and Brexit
  • joe2008
    rjsterry wrote:

It's 1/20 (20/1 on) - put £20 on to win £1 - it's a poor price, she's readily available at 1/14 on many books.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    A wheelie bin sporting a blue rosette wins in my constituency. Or it could be Airhead Leadsom. Difficult to tell them apart, but the bin is more useful.
  • big_harv
    Without comment one way or other - Corbyn to resign Friday.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    And May shortly after!
  • big_harv
    Paving the way for Boris to invade Russia in a fleet of big red buses!

Now that's just silly.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    joe2008 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's 1/20 (20/1 on) - put £20 on to win £1 - it's a poor price, she's readily available at 1/14 on many books.
    No, it's 20/1.

It's an offer for new registrations - only a £1 bet allowed. And only winnings at the regular price (6/1 on) is collectable as cash, the rest is paid in free bets. It's an eyecatching headline, but not a normal bet.

Anyway back to the original question. Conservative majority of 30-50. I'll say 38.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    orraloon wrote:
    A wheelie bin sporting a blue rosette wins in my constituency. Or it could be Airhead Leadsom. Difficult to tell them apart, but the bin is more useful.
    The bin is considerably better the environment too
  • RichN95.
    Big Harv wrote:
    Without comment one way or other - Corbyn to resign Friday.
    No way will Corbyn go. The Labour left have waited to long for this.
    If May doesn't get at least 70 majority, I think Corbyn will outlast her.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Seriously May was a surprisingly poor campaigner. Well looking back the skills that made her a long serving home Secretary probably doesn't make her a good leader. She's an administrator in the background not a spokesperson.

I think she's not long for PM if she falls to win significant majority.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    Conservative are getting to the point where they've been in charge so long that blaming the previous administration will not wash. Add in Brexit and a poor election campaign...
    May will win but will not see out the 4 years.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,237
    Tory majority.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Unfortunately a Tory majority, more years of pain for the working family, more years of gluttony for the rich.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Can t just say "Majority" as a prediction, thats never really been in question.

i think when it comes down to it, the younger electorate wont vote, the older will and brexit will swing it for them, so i thing she ll be on course for a 60 to 75 seat majority.

Despite all the moaning, most people are well off and dont yet feel the need for radical change.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Conservative are getting to the point where they've been in charge so long that blaming the previous administration will not wash.

you think ? ...... people still Blame thatcher and that was 30 odd years ago .. all those governments and none of them can reverse a decision :D

I predict tory, but I think its gong to be a LOT closer than people think .... I nearly always vote blue ... but this last few weeks I have been growing to hate May and actually liking a lot of what Corbin says.

As it goes my local MP is great, so I am voting for her !
  • joe2008
    RichN95 wrote:
    joe2008 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

No, it's 20/1.

It's an offer for new registrations - only a £1 bet allowed. And only winnings at the regular price (6/1 on) is collectable as cash, the rest is paid in free bets. It's an eyecatching headline, but not a normal bet.

Anyway back to the original question. Conservative majority of 30-50. I'll say 38.

Stand corrected. Thought he meant a regular bet, not a silly promotion.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Unfortunately a Tory majority, more years of pain for the working family, more years of gluttony for the rich.

Agreed. A majority where they can steamroller through any policy they want without the balance of opposition. 5 years of hurt for the average family. Kiss goodbye to being able to leave your kids any cash to help them on their way with a house.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Reckon the Tories will win.
    But hoping for a hung parliament.

Failing Grayling will doubtless win in my constituency - he could rape a donkey on the Town Hall steps and still get a majority from the older generation & Tory apologists unfortunately (despite the borough being pro Remain to his vocal Leave, him failing on getting oyster & zone 6 as promised, his seeming hatred of cyclists, total ineptitude in any government post he's held, and being a typical oily career politican twunt).

Hopefully they'll not win by much, but dissenters voting against the Supreme Leader will be spreading their votes around two or three other parties, so not really much more than a bloody nose for some, maybe the odd high profile casualty, but otherwise a low turnout & we'll be enjoying total disaster for the next 5 years.
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Conservative overall majority.

Anything else would be at best a right mess and at worst a disaster.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Conservative overall majority.

That and Anything else would be at best a right mess and at worst a disaster.

FTFY