'ning

office espresso stuff, no rain

i feel mysterious today
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Mornin

WFH so I'm going to fit a quick run in with a pal - won't be as much fun as the dirty bike was last night - but training is training

Later is decorating as the wife has ordered carpets - so we had better get the rooms ready
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TLW1 wrote:
    Mornin

WFH so I'm going to fit a quick run in with a pal

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it. Running is evil and your knees will get ebolaids.

Quiet here today but that's sure to change, first day of working with new bloke, so let's see how he is - first impressions of meting him last week for ten minutes err iffy, but hey, give the dude a chance.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    my experience is that first impressions count, he's iffy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    sungod wrote:
    Probably this. I'm an excellent iffy sniffer, for a small consultancy fee, lodgings, dinner, wine, hookers and some blow, I'd be prepared to suss him out for you?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sungod wrote:
    I'm not so sure first impressions mean that much. Some people have told me they thought I was alright on first meeting me...
    Nothing special going on here, Wednesday is pub day of course. Brown beer will be drunk in copious amounts.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fish and chips up Old Street way at lunchtime. Missus out later. Tomorrow is my Friday, though actual Friday is little one's sports day, dog to groomers, prepare kitchen for painting at the weekend, so not really very Fridayish at all at all.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Many coffees, lots of work, need a poo.

Trying to get hold of super lovely ti/carbon bicycle for the weekend still
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Mornin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it. Running is evil and your knees will get ebolaids.

Good point well made, finished with this running stuff soon
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Probably this. I'm an excellent iffy sniffer, for a small consultancy fee, lodgings, dinner, wine, hookers and some blow, I'd be prepared to suss him out for you?

I want in. Let's see... i'll make sure the hookers and blow come up to your high standards before your use*.
    *Shouldn't be hard :roll:

Me indoor pedalling and general Dad's duties me.

Tomorrow fireplace activities at PPP. Guess i'll have to learn how to do brickwork pdq. Might give Jimmy Nail a quick ring for a heads up. Plus, i'm going to make an arch.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Going with you two on this. Theoretically he's with me for 6 months, but with the way my schedule is going I'll see him for about 9 days....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Mornin

Good point well made, finished with this running stuff soon

I reckon we should have a ritual running shoe burning event - get rid of all the evil pieces of footwear at once.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I am in for that .... was on holiday last week and didn't have a bike, so thought I would throw in a cheeky 10k .... haven run since 2015 and now my foot hurts and I limp when I walk.

stupid fecking running !
  • haydenm
    I ran a half marathon on Thursday last week, still can't walk properly. Pharmacist thought it was a stress fracture but I didn't want to go to A&E in Ft William the day before the MTB worldcup as it might have been a tad busy and now it doesn't hurt so much so it's probably fine...
  • seanoconn
    Currently listening to Catch-22 on audiobook and wondering which one of you would make a good Yossarian. Leaning towards Pinno at the moment.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    I ran a half marathon on Thursday last week, still can't walk properly. Pharmacist thought it was a stress fracture but I didn't want to go to A&E in Ft William the day before the MTB worldcup as it might have been a tad busy and now it doesn't hurt so much so it's probably fine...

Warned ya didn't I?

Seriously running is rubbish. Really rubbish.

On a brighter note I found a packet of Biltng in the car today that I didn't know I had, so smiles all round there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Currently listening to Catch-22 on audiobook and wondering which one of you would make a good Yossarian. Leaning towards Pinno at the moment.

You should ask Yossie.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:

Is it one you downloaded or a freebie?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Running? pfft isn't that why they invented the bike so we didn't have to run?

Anyway wenk day thus far trees down overnight making the commute interesting and ive been trying to get someone from out first line support, so the minions who log faults, to give me his workstation ID so I can sort something on it. Two days so far! TWO BLOODY DAYS! Genuinely give up on this kid reported it to his manager in the hope I can get some sense.

Anyway rant over, coffee needed today pizza later and booze no doubt underside of my foot an knee hurt so im blaming running, or rather the thought of it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    seanoconn wrote:

surely pinno is orr - laying the perfect concrete floor in the tent, building the fireplace, the fuel feed, etc.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Epic day yesterday - covered 7km, 9500 steps and 35 floors of stair climbing - craziest day yet. Then, to add to the psychological experiment, up at 1.45am and back into hospital. Back to my bed at 3.30am (Eve's on a bay so I can't stay) and in again this morning.

Lovely and sunny out - open air motoring with James Greatest playing loud is good for the soul - even if the effects wear off as soon as I have to encounter the brainless twunts in front of me in the multi-storey who drive up 6 floors scanning every bay for a spot when there's several hundred free bays and 4 lifts further up. Drive, you idiots, drive!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • tlw1
    HaydenM wrote:

Warned ya didn't I?

But a full trail marathon will be easier won't it?
  • tlw1
    Epic day yesterday - covered 7km, 9500 steps and 35 floors of stair climbing - craziest day yet. Then, to add to the psychological experiment, up at 1.45am and back into hospital. Back to my bed at 3.30am (Eve's on a bay so I can't stay) and in again this morning.

Lovely and sunny out - open air motoring with James Greatest playing loud is good for the soul - even if the effects wear off as soon as I have to encounter the brainless twunts in front of me in the multi-storey who drive up 6 floors scanning every bay for a spot when there's several hundred free bays and 4 lifts further up. Drive, you idiots, drive!

Don't use the lifts - you missed the 10k steps target by 500 ;)

Hope things are ok
  • meanredspider
    TLW1 wrote:

Don't use the lifts - you missed the 10k steps target by 500 ;)

Hope things are ok

Ha - I never use the lifts - stairs are the only exercise my sorry ass gets - except when I'm with Eve. I just don't understand why people are desperate to park on level 4 rather than level 6. One woman even stopped and blocked the whole car park signalling for a bay because she'd seen some people walking back towards it. FFS - there's 20 cars behind you waiting and the next level up there are endless spaces. I think I might get away with diminished responsibility...

Things are OK thanks - in a "as good as they can be when your daughter has leukaemia" kinda way :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

Warned ya didn't I?

You were right. It was unpleasant. The GF has signed us up to do the Edinburgh marathon next May so I thought I'd go out and see what I could do, I ran really far from the house then regretted it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Then, to add to the psychological experiment, up at 1.45am and back into hospital. Back to my bed at 3.30am (Eve's on a bay so I can't stay) and in again this morning.
    How does it work once the stem cell stuff works? Don't remember much about it other than being told if I had it I would be in isolation for several weeks until I got some semblance of an immune system. Obviously she won't be on a communal ward, but can you or Mrs MRS stay with her?
    Glad things are as ok as they can be.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Warned ya didn't I?

But a full trail marathon will be easier won't it?

No - all it means is that you'll collapse from knee ebolaids in the middle of nowhere and have your limp yet still alive carcass ripped apart by wolves and bears, giving you a ridiculously painful and slow death.

When it happens can I have your watch?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • meanredspider
    edited June 2017
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Then, to add to the psychological experiment, up at 1.45am and back into hospital. Back to my bed at 3.30am (Eve's on a bay so I can't stay) and in again this morning.
    How does it work once the stem cell stuff works? Don't remember much about it other than being told if I had it I would be in isolation for several weeks until I got some semblance of an immune system. Obviously she won't be on a communal ward, but can you or Mrs MRS stay with her?
    Glad things are as ok as they can be.

Normally she'd be in a room (the open bay is only 3 beds and managed by gender) but there's 2 terminal cases using 2 of the 3 normal rooms and then Eve will be in one of the two hepa-filtered over-pressured rooms for her transplant. I can stay in the rooms just not on the bay.

Girl in the bed opposite seems to have most of her extended family visiting so Eve isn't getting much sleep.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:

You should ask Yossie.
    Yossie was named after Yossarian? I had know idea! :D You're definitely one of the characters, I'm just not sure which yet :D

YouTube and hopefully the whole book is there.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Warned ya didn't I?

You were right. It was unpleasant. The GF has signed us up to do the Edinburgh marathon next May so I thought I'd go out and see what I could do, I ran really far from the house then regretted it

All that means is that you will collapse in the middle of nowhere in Edinburgh and have your limp but still alive carcass ripped apart by buckfast drinking krocodil taking neds ensuring a slow and ridiculously painful death.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

You should ask Yossie.
    Yossie was named after Yossarian? I had know idea! :D .

Yup - I believe so. I'll ask him over a beer tonight.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.