monday i hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, espresso, bail early, maybe have a veggie samosa, wfh

only monday, don't want to peak too early
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bambini, physio, work, bambini, yada yada yada.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Too Tired, car was beeping and shouting at me to take a break in the way in - so going to be a long day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Bloody knackered after lying awake for nearly 3 hours during the night, now all I want to do is sleep. Going to try to keep my head below the parapets today. Shouldn't be too bad as much of Europe is shut for a bank holiday.
    Onwards, to the coffee machine...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Bloody knackered after lying awake for nearly 3 hours during the night, now all I want to do is sleep. Going to try to keep my head below the parapets today. Shouldn't be too bad as much of Europe is shut for a bank holiday.

We should partake in this then, wondered why there's sod all Spanish lot in.

Morning etc tired went to bed around nine last night still tired now. Rain expected later so I sensibly didn't bring a jacket ill just man up and use a brolly.
    Coffee, typing, telling people their idiots and fixing things, oh what fun.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Drugs and alcohol are for people that can't handle reality.

Or is reality for people that can't handle drugs and alcohol?

That's all from me. Still in my "favourite" place...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sungod
    drugs and alcohol are for people who are able to cope with 'reality' being only what we perceive
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

I struggled to sleep sometimes but I read a book recently where the main character was taught to hypnotise himself to reach a relaxed state in order to time travel. Okay, that's weird, but I tried it and found it works a treat. :D

Start by slowing down your breathing and trying to clear your mind. I know that's not possible because your mind starts to wander and you think about clearing your mind, but get the breathing right. Slow breathes in, hold for a couple of seconds, slow exhale, and try to hold at 'empty'.
    Now, start counting down from a hundred, one number for each of the breathing cycles above.
    For all the even numbers, have your eyes closed, and for each of the odd numbers, open your eyes to look at an object/detail which has to be in your field of view so that you can see it without moving your eyes.

Before long, you can't work out whether your eyes should be open or closed, or it soon becomes difficult to open them at all.

Try it.

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

I struggled to sleep sometimes but I read a book recently where the main character was taught to hypnotise himself to reach a relaxed state in order to time travel. Okay, that's weird, but I tried it and found it works a treat. :D
    I'm disappointed. I thought you'd mastered time travel and had gone back to earlier in the night to catch up on sleep. :mrgreen:
    Thanks, I will try that technique if it happens again. Very unusual for me to do that though, usually the Mrs does the not sleeping thing. Sometimes blames my snoring, I keep telling her that's impossible as I've never heard it and I've known me all my life.
  • capt_slog
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm disappointed. I thought you'd mastered time travel and had gone back to earlier in the night to catch up on sleep. :mrgreen:
    Thanks, I will try that technique if it happens again. Very unusual for me to do that though, usually the Mrs does the not sleeping thing. Sometimes blames my snoring, I keep telling her that's impossible as I've never heard it and I've known me all my life.

I have.

I'm moving forward through it, second by second, one day at a time. :lol:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    That explains the lack of irritating emails from the continent.

I was quite fast on the ride in today despite being tired - like everyone else on here apparently. It's the hound's second birthday today so I gave him a cardboard tube form a roll of kitchen paper to chew this morning as a pressie, he seemed quite happy with it - in fact so happy he ate half of it before I left the house. That's my good deed for the day :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

Start by slowing down your breathing and trying to clear your mind. I know that's not possible because your mind starts to wander and you think about clearing your mind, but get the breathing right. Slow breathes in, hold for a couple of seconds, slow exhale, and try to hold at 'empty'.
    Now, start counting down from a hundred, one number for each of the breathing cycles above.
    For all the even numbers, have your eyes closed, and for each of the odd numbers, open your eyes to look at an object/detail which has to be in your field of view so that you can see it without moving your eyes.

Before long, you can't work out whether your eyes should be open or closed, or it soon becomes difficult to open them at all.

Try it.
    Haha nice try, you can't hypnotise me, my mind is far too powerful.... yawn....

Capt Slog is my master, I shall do his bidding.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • capt_slog
    seanoconn wrote:
    Haha nice try, you can't hypnotise me, my mind is far too powerful.... yawn....

Capt Slog is my master, I shall do his bidding.

Post pictures in the big girls thread

oh yes, and buy Mrs Seanoconn some flowers on the way home. :lol:

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went to the doctor's to get more drugs, went out for lunch to get alcohol, went to Albufeira (little Britain)...

What is it with The English on holiday, some of them can't even be bothered to wear their football shirts in the cafe fatignorantmotherfuckers :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    team47b wrote:
    What is it with The English on holiday, some of them can't even be bothered to wear their football shirts in the cafe fatignorantmotherfuckers :D

don't get me started

bet they read the daily mail too
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Tut tut VN, you lay awake thinking about Camper girl, be honest.

Me honed out fireplace to push wood burner back to make it inset me. 'kin 'ell, why did I mix such hard concrete for the original hearth?! Might have to hire a mains fed SDS as my cordless is doing 8 holes before fading like Tory hopes of a majority.

Gazza in Menorca? You mean he's shagging or they haven't got wifi out there? I think it's the latter.
    Met the gorgeous and TDJ when she was out for a walk on Saturday. Haven't seen her in I don't know how long. She would give anyone sleepless nights.

Your Isetta actually got back up that hill T47? Bloody hell, did you fit a turbo charger or did Mrs T47 push?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pinno wrote:
    Me honed out fireplace to push wood burner back to make it inset me. 'kin 'ell, why did I mix such hard concrete for the original hearth?! Might have to hire a mains fed SDS as my cordless is doing 8 holes before fading like Tory hopes of a majority.

Your Isetta actually got back up that hill T47? Bloody hell, did you fit a turbo charger or did Mrs T47 push?

It's only a Category three (third gear) if you get a run up (sling shot off roundabout, up to LIDL, you know the one):D

SDS! Mains power! Lump hammer ya wuss :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    The Lidl with the shady canopy bits... I remember... Cue a song:

Memories, light the corners of my mind, colour coated clouded memories of the way...
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

I has been drilling holes every 2". Then putting a stone chisel in the hole and then hitting it with the lump hammer. Then I gets me big bar (length of thick pipe that is hollow in it which I calls 'Dave') and I levers it and I break off roughly 4" of concrete at a time. (Other international units of measurement are available).
    Lump hammer on it's own is totally ineffective. Besides, those daft paddies (wot''s related to that daft paddy who now resides in London and sometimes comes in here), didn't exactly put much concrete down on the floor on which the hearth sits on. I's worried proper i's going to smash the underlying concrete if i's put too much muksel into it. Innit.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I has been drilling holes every 2". Then putting a stone chisel in the hole and then hitting it with the lump hammer. Then I gets me big bar (length of thick pipe that is hollow in it which I calls 'Dave') and I levers it and I break off roughly 4" of concrete at a time. (Other international units of measurement are available).
    Lump hammer on it's own is totally ineffective. Besides, those daft paddies (wot''s related to that daft paddy who now resides in London and sometimes comes in here), didn't exactly put much concrete down on the floor on which the hearth sits on. I's worried proper i's going to smash the underlying concrete if i's put too much muksel into it. Innit.

i've long advocated fluorine trichloride for this sort of thing

just drizzle it on whilst wearing appropriate ppe, or get paddy to do it while you have some beers from a safe distance
  • pinno
    Cheers for that SG, though I think that British/Irish relations would take a backwards step and I need to ask Wheelspinner if I could drop in and see him first.

However and as and aside, has you been mucking around with the stuff?
  • sungod
    no, i'm not mad, i run out of bravery at hydrofluoric acid, i don't want to be anywhere near something that sets fire to glass (and pretty must anything else really)
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    no, i'm not mad...

Oh, come on.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no, i'm not mad...

Oh, come on.

well, some years ago i admit i did try out my new msr xgk (lovely) stove indoors, but, safety first, i decided to put it in the bath

slightly overdid the priming, the flames didn't reach the ceiling, but i did step back quite fast and get ready with the shower, just in case things got out of hand

once it gets going it sounds excellent
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no, i'm not mad...

Oh, come on.

...msr xgk...

Sorry, you lost me at the 'm' bit.
  • sungod
    msr xgk

petrol/whatever in tank, pump it up to pressurise, bleed a little out over the stove, light it, column of fire, until the fuel pipe that passes over the burner heats up and vapourises the fuel, then it gets going properly, blue flame, very loud and mostly glowing red hot
  • pinno
    I see. One up from Rocket stoves.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pocket rocket for me as they are easier to throw at people than jet boils.

And they cost £12 as opposed to £80.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.