friday thousand yard stare

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, espressos, maybe an extra brekkie, bail early

need to find a ̶v̶i̶c̶t̶i̶m̶ volunteer to go to california for three days for a virtualcloudystufffest, no takers so far, i need to be more cunning, maybe i can catch someone off guard, or drug them
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday

Currently sat in my cycling gear looking out of the window to decide which bike to cycle to work on. Need to repair the dirty ones as it looks like rain

Post work is straight to the theatre to watch the boys in their play for a second time. This means no pub :(
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Not more worries for a week, or two.

Raining outside. School run, then haircut
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine and bright at the moment, I have to go to the office this morning , if fine a ride this afternoon
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    On the train again. Was meant to be cycling but it took ice ages to get out of the bloody O2 car park, the I had to drop Stropteens mate off somewhere near Croydon. At least I avoided death after last night's gig - being trampled by a stampeding herd of 10,000 teenage girls leaving a Shaun Mendes concert would be an unusual way to go.

Onwards to tax avoidance and bossing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Who's been to Menorca?
  • Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Is this a quiz?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    There's no right, or wrong answer.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Is this a quiz?

Is there a prize?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?
    I've been week after next.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Not me, been Lanzarote though. Going Tenerife in summer. I expect Menorca is nice, though it begins with M, as does Malta, which doesn't bode well.

Stepson is 12 today. We have clubbed together and got him a PS4 to confiscate when he's a pain in the arris, he also is going to bounce on trampolines and have a grubby little mate over to stay.

Me? Smashed commute despite very Friday legs, so sitting here moaning and perspiring at my desk. Bailing early to collect minihb from her afternoon holiday thing. Maybe we will share a pizza while the boy is bouncing with his mum.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I'm not in Menorca. Very glad it's Fryday, feel knackered. Wobbled in on the old MTB as out on the lash straight from work. Meant to pootle in slowly as I was in jeans, somehow that never works and I was a bit warm by the time I got here. To top it off there is now rain forecast for later so I might leave the bike here and be a bus w@nker tonight.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Right, where to start, busy day planned.

Espresso then a quick hop on Eurostar for GMC. An 80 mile commute in Shropshire and will end up in the pub later even though I'm not supposed to. Bottled out of commute so back on the train for a bit of tax avoidance in the city, whilst keeping an eye out for a stropteen to pick up or drop off. Might grumble about the weather in Scotland. Tired legs, kids and pizza in Surburbia and all rounded off with a little PPP a fry up and another broken tooth. Did i mention my knee was hurting?

Bored.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No sign of rain here, espresso is in full swing though.

noisy usb fan is being noisy took the safety guard off the front which made it less noisy but still irritating.

Espresso, banana an onward to mediocrity.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:

Espresso then a quick hop on Eurostar for GMC. An 80 mile commute in Shropshire and will end up in the pub later even though I'm not supposed to. Bottled out of commute so back on the train for a bit of tax avoidance in the city, whilst keeping an eye out for a stropteen to pick up or drop off. Might grumble about the weather in Scotland. Tired legs, kids and pizza in Surburbia and all rounded off with a little PPP a fry up and another broken tooth. Did i mention my knee was hurting?

Bored.

If you just post this every morning, that's got everyone covered, and we'll all save some time. Soon I'll be a PPI millionaire anyway and will pay someone to make boring bourgeois posts about kids and tired legs on my behalf. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    No Menorca for me. No Magaluf, Maldives, Mauritius, Malta or Mexico either but I have been Middlewich (I think).
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Is this a quiz?

Is there a prize?

Noderator for a day on here
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Going Tenerife in summer.
    I hope you're not going in early July. The lad is going with 14 of his mates, I suspect it will get messy.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Is this a quiz?

Is there a prize?

? Explain.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn wrote:

Bored.

+1
    I like it when you're bored.

1989. Muggins was crossing Covent Garden. Sister gave directions to meet her at Cranks but conveniently neglected to tell me there were 2 Cranks outlets and I went to the wrong one initially.
    I wondered why there was an extraordinary number of 10 to 14 year old girls hanging around. I passed an entrance to a short tunnel (curved brick arch, if anyone knows it) and in a flash, a hoard of screaming girls came running towards me and I was carried along until I hit a high gate with a weld mesh covering (square metal for the uninitiated). Pressed hard against the gate, out of the corner of my eye and beginning to find breathing difficult, a police officer saw me and in the back ground was Bros getting out of a stretched black thing.
    A few moments later, 2 hurly policemen and a police woman dragged me out. They sat me on the curb and gave me some water. Female Police officer said "You didn't look like a Brosette and we thought we'd better get you out of there" and I was very grateful, despite the weld mesh imprint on the side of my face. Not funny at the time.

Must go and finish the job on fixing the floor boards that I started yesterday and it's not raining!

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

Is this a quiz?

Is there a prize?

? Explain.

The prize for winning the quiz. :roll:

Try and keep up at the back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day 2 of road trip done. Short and final leg tomorrow then a couple of weeks enforced beach bum time.

Must remember to buy more scotch tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Garry H
    orraloon wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

I've been the week before you. Like ships passing in the night!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?
    Me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Garry H wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?

I've been the week before you. Like ships passing in the night!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's been to Menorca?
    Majorca but not Menorca
  • Matthewfalle
    I've been to Lanzarote if that helps.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I've been to the cafe, snoozy now.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've been to Lanzarote if that helps.
    Great. Well done.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    jamaica?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    No, she came of her own accord.